Limb failures??

• Please log in to reply

#1 Zrt1200

Zrt1200

• Members
  • 971 posts
  • LocationMId Michigan

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hey guys, From what I have seen on the net there has only been about 3 limb failures all season. Does that sound about right??? With this many crossbows out there that is nothing IMO.

#2 crowhunter

crowhunter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Mine failed this past summer but they got it back to me within a week .Bud

#3 Cossack

Cossack

Incurable Tinkerer

• Members
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationNo MN

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hey guys, From what I have seen on the net there has only been about 3 limb failures all season. Does that sound about right??? With this many crossbows out there that is nothing IMO.

How many failed is important and 3 does not seem like a lot, as ALL mechanical things fail occasionally. But, IMO, knowing the reason for failure is equally important, which all to often isn't apparent. I'm finding that it's frequently the 'loose nut... behind the trigger' ...that the real cause, but is seldom mentioned. :rolleyes:

#4 Stant

Stant

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:32 AM

No problems with my 2 parkers, both 2 yrs old

Stan

#5 Michigan Hunter

Michigan Hunter

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationMacomb County Michigan

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

With 3 Tornados in the camp, all shooting redhot arrows we have had no limb failures so far.
I would immediately buy another one of these bows even if they did not replace the limbs.
This bow is that good. I have been able to group the redhots with a muzzy max3 fixed blade 1 1/4 cut ot to 60 yards with ease. This requies a shooting bench no wind a a few practice shots.
As of now I feel this is the best bow u can get regurdless of how much money you have to blow.

Fast enough, lite enough, accurate enoungh, great looking, and the most important feature of all
manuverable in a tree stand or ground blind.

#6 hunlee

hunlee

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Locationnorth side of river butt not far from big water.....MICHIGAN USA

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

With 3 Tornados in the camp, all shooting redhot arrows we have had no limb failures so far.
I would immediately buy another one of these bows even if they did not replace the limbs.
This bow is that good. I have been able to group the redhots with a muzzy max3 fixed blade 1 1/4 cut ot to 60 yards with ease. This requies a shooting bench no wind a a few practice shots.
As of now I feel this is the best bow u can get regurdless of how much money you have to blow.

Fast enough, lite enough, accurate enoungh, great looking, and the most important feature of all
manuverable in a tree stand or ground blind.

Yes whut you has said brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hunlee is with yous B)

hunlee

#7 bodoodle

bodoodle

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationVirginia by way of Georgia

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Zrt1200,

I'm one of the unfortunate Tornado owners who did have a limb problem this year. I disagree with Cossock as it frequently being the "loose nut behind the trigger", at least in my case but I do agree with him in "mechanical things fail occasionally". I also agree with him in knowing the reason for the failure is important but I have no clue as to why my limb split nor did Parker offer me any explanation. I emailed them with my problem on October 15th and to this day I have never received a reply from them. However, they did replace my limb within four working days through a vendor that I did not even buy my Tornado from.

As for the reason of the failure? All I did was cock my Tornado for a morning hunt and I heard a noise. It was dark at the time and I couldn't see anything wrong with my crossbow. When the sun came up I was in my treestand and I noticed the sliver sticking out from my left side limb. We shot the crossbow at the shop and it fired the arrow with it's normal accuracy and the limb held together. I shoot Carbon Express Crossbolts, who make the Red Hot's for Parker, and with my broadhead they weigh in at 425 grain. This combination is the same grain weight as the Red Hot's and well within their established 400 grain minimum.

I'll add a copy of the photo I sent to Parker at the end of this post so if anyone who reads this has any idea as to what happened feel free to post it.

Bottom line, I am still using my Parker Tornado with no problems at the time and I am still very much pleased with it. The only thing noticiable is the left limb is a darker camo color than the right side probably due to my original limbs being 2009 while the new one is a 2010. I would have liked both limbs replaced but only one was defective so that's the way it goes.

000_0042.jpg

#8 SEW

SEW

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

I've had more than 1set of limbs break on my #175 Saf Mag but never with less than 1200 shots on them. No, it wasn't the nut behind the x-bow. 1,200 shots is a lot of shots. I'd buy another Parker in a second but my Saf Mag is still doing well even with 1,000s of shots thru it. I don't think a cracked limb with an avg of 1,500 shots on it is still pretty good.