Shooting sticks

• Please log in to reply

#1 mattador96

mattador96

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

With all of the new crossbow gear coming out, will we be seeing crossbow shooting sticks being made?

#2 See4miles

See4miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • LocationSt. Helen, MI (Home of Heston)

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

I'm not so sure there needs to be crossbow specific sticks. Most of what is alreay out there would work fine. Plus, Ten Point and Horton also make unique items to support the crossbow and help steady the shot.

#3 Wyodream

Wyodream

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationStar Valley, WY

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

Hmm....being new to the crossbow world and reading this post makes me ask - will my Bogpod tripod shooting sticks with my v shaped swivel head (rubber coated) that I use for my rifle work for a crossbow rest?

#4 al k

al k

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFayetteville NC / Bassett VA

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

Yep, most any shooting stick will work. Before I bought a TP Phantom with "Steady Eddie" I had a TP Profusion and used an "Allen" brand monopod shooting stick to help steady it. Worked just fine - not as well as the "Steady Eddie", but it cost less then $10 at Walmart :)

Edited by al k, 28 January 2011 - 08:06 AM.

#5 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

I make my own shooting sticks....there's instructions out there on the web.....sometimes...I just find them laying on the ground......

#6 1BUCDWN

1BUCDWN

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTitletown USA Green Bay Wi. 1 2 31 45

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

resourcefulness is a good thing

#7 Zrt1200

Zrt1200

• Members
  • 971 posts
  • LocationMId Michigan

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

http://www.boggear.c...ing_sticks.html

#8 Gary in Ohio

Gary in Ohio

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Rifle shooting sticks work fine. Just make sure that the prongs do not stick up into the path of the string and you'll be good.

#9 Wyodream

Wyodream

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationStar Valley, WY

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for thoughts on using my bogpod for a rest for a crossbow - its a great solid rest and I have both the v shaped head and the camera head which both are quick change out.

#10 crappie-tom

crappie-tom

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

With all of the new crossbow gear coming out, will we be seeing crossbow shooting sticks being made?

Mattador96 you might want to check out the Primos trigger stick monopods which adjusts 31" to 64" (~$50) @ Cabelas. The trigger allows you to raise or lower your gun easily while watching game with the least amount of movement. This is the real deal for my Scorpyd and, rifles and, will work on most any other application.

Crappie-Tom

#11 sooner

sooner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

Mattador96 you might want to check out the Primos trigger stick monopods which adjusts 31" to 64" (~$50) @ Cabelas. The trigger allows you to raise or lower your gun easily while watching game with the least amount of movement. This is the real deal for my Scorpyd and, rifles and, will work on most any other application.

Crappie-Tom

trigger sticks are great.

#12 fredbeer

fredbeer

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

I like the Stoney Point. It's light, reasonably priced and easy to adjust for treestand hunting and target shooting. Got mine at BPS.

#13 bcslody

bcslody

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

I just rigged up a set of folding tent pole style bi-fold shooting sticks last evening. I can use them fully extended while sitting on a chair, or fold up one section to use them against my mid body area when in my tree stand. It works great and was a cheap add on to my crossbow. They are attached to the sling strap connection area. See attached pic.crossbow bi 1.jpg

Edited by bcslody, 12 June 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#14 stuffer

stuffer

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

shooting stick design for crossbows ready shot. go to www.ready-shot.com

#15 Cossack

Cossack

Incurable Tinkerer

• Members
  • 3,633 posts
  • LocationNo MN

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

If you shoot from a sitting position the Horton Knee Pod works very well, and inexpensive to boot.