View New Content Mark all as read |  

New Mexico finally gets Crossbows full legal.

• Please log in to reply

#1 Soocom1

Soocom1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSW US

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Ok.. Here is my first post outside of the welcome area.
Being in NM, we just got the clear by G&F to use a crossbow as an “Any Legal Weapon” type. So no special hunt dates and have to hunt with the rifles. Ok no problem.
Being a bow hunter, I am finally glad such is the case much to the chagrin of many of my counterparts.
But if they don’t want to, so be it.
So how many in here either hunt in NM with a crossbow or are thinking of it? What’s your thoughts?

#2 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

First of all...welcome to the Nation. I did not know that New Mexico was considering full inclusion. According to their website, it does not look like it will be legal for everyone during archery season....has something changed?

Edited by briarpatch, 14 February 2011 - 12:06 PM.

#3 Soocom1

Soocom1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSW US

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Not in the archery season, but:

My link

Crossbow Use Allowed
Crossbows and bolts may now be used in “Any Legal Sporting Arm” or
“Muzzleloader” hunts unless otherwise restricted.

Translation: At least we can now use them during the rifle hunts. Better than illigal.

#4 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Not in the archery season, but:

My link

Translation: At least we can now use them during the rifle hunts. Better than illigal.

thanks for the clarifications.....

by the way...I understand your signature line

#5 maratts

maratts

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

I live in LC NM and I hunt with a cross bow and yes this is the first year that you don't need to have a mobliity card of which i have. welcome

#6 Guide Girl

Guide Girl

Obsessed Huntress

• Members
  • 5,633 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

I tell ya, after crossbows are passed for archery season, all the propaganda sure settles down after a bit. GOod luck in New Mexico. I'd still hunt there if I could use my crossbow. Out of state license money!

#7 Soocom1

Soocom1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSW US

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:07 AM

I tell ya, after crossbows are passed for archery season, all the propaganda sure settles down after a bit. GOod luck in New Mexico. I'd still hunt there if I could use my crossbow. Out of state license money!

THAT my dear is a fight I am directly involved with as we speak. The whole NR tag thing is heating up to very open and hostile levels and it is going to go not the best for either side.

forget the weapon used, its all going ballistic. I just hope that it all settles down quickly.