• LocationSW Virginia

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

#2 CBRon

CBRon

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationErie, county. PA.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Thats a very good group offhand at 30 yards. I wonder how long it is advised to keep a bow at full draw. Is there a website? How much? WOW I could shoot a 80 pound bow... Ron

#3 Ventilator

Ventilator

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the vid, but could you please take a close up pic of where it mounts to the bow when your daughter lets you have your camera back? B)

Like CBRon says, we could all shoot much heavier bows with that rig. And the young kids that cannot pull a hunting weight bow, could easily shoot plenty of poundage with this. They would have plenty of strength in both arms, with a foot in the stirrup to cock it and safely let it back down. This will be a recruitment tool to get several people into, or back into the woods.

Did Jerry say when the production models will be ready?

#4 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

I'm sure I could shoot much better, but I don't know if you guys heard the wind chimes in the background, but the wind is howling here today. I think you see my hair fly up several times when I am looking back and forth to the camera. I shot the TAC-15 at the same yardage and got the same size group. I just could not hold the bows on target with the wind whipping around.

Taking a pic of how it mounts to the bow is moot right now because this is not the production model. Once I get the production model in I will take some detailed pics to show all the details. So this is all you get for now... :devil: Mean, ain't I?

In-Line Crossbow This is the crossbow version of the Draw-Loc, but does the same thing. The older Draw-loc he has on the web-site is not the same as the new model I have in the video.

And yes, you could very easily shoot a 80-90-100 pound model bow and not have a problem at all. My bow is set at 72 pounds and is so easy to draw it's not funny.

I think within the next few weeks Jerry will have the production models ready to ship. He is just waiting on the final finishes and so forth.

#5 drawloc

drawloc

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

I could not have done a better job myself 91. That was a great group at 30 yards, for your first time or your 20th time. I notice how quite that bow is with the draw-loc on it, hardley any noise, certainly not any additional to your bow. Because crossbow limbs are made of the same material as a compound bow limbs, there will be no damage to them. If you will search the internet on Draw-Loc, after 16 years, you will not find a legitimate case of where holding a bow back has hurt or damaged a bow. Critics will say it will, but there is no evidence and experts have said it will not. There are some of the original draw-locs, on the orignal bows they were installed on, still being used. Keep us informed with your findings.

Edited by drawloc, 12 March 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#6 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

I took this by a bow shop today to show them all about it. One thing that we discussed is how this device could be used as a "portable Hooter Shooter" to be able to tune a bow. You can easily take the Draw-loc and place on a bow, and keep adjusting what you need to get the bow in perfect tune. You can't torque the bow when Draw-loc is installed. Or at least it would be VERY hard to. If you were to rest the bow on a tripod or rest of some sort where the shooter was not holding the bow and only touching the bow enough to set the trigger off, you eliminate much of the human error factor. I think the Draw-loc has a lot of other merits than just a hunting tool.

My wife even shot my bow today with the Draw-loc installed. She might be a 24" or 25" draw length, and she might, and I mean might could pull 40 pounds. But she was able to shoot a 72 pound 27.5" XT. Sure, it wasn't easy for her to hold, but with a little practice she could do well with it.

And if you watched the video, did anyone notice how quiet the setup is?

#7 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Super 91: Thanks for the video, I'll be ordering one of these from Jerry, it's a definite step-up from the original Draw Loc and will allow me to shoot at 60 to 70 lbs for larger stuff like Moose and Elk. As for Limb fatique, Jerry's comments are right on ,I've left a Martin cocked with the original Draw Loc for a week with no negative effect and this system allows you to simply let it down between hunting sessions so a 8 to 12 hour duration will definitely not harm limbs, if it does they're substandard to start with. Thanks again. Cactus

#8 Unclebuck257

Unclebuck257

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

Any legal hunting complications expected with this? Afterall, I can easily see some anti XBow states saying that this is nothing more than an XBow held in the opposite way, which it kind of actually is because of the trigger etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for this and think it will help the sport tremendously, but I sure can see the possibility of some antis jumping up and down saying that with this device a person is no longer just bow hunting normally.

Great video BTW and THANKS!!

#9 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

It was illegal here in VA unless you got a doctors excuse. This was prior to crossbow inclusion. Each state is a little different. You just have to check with your DNR to make sure you can use it in your state. It is sort of like crossbows, it is slowly being allowed as crossbows are slowly being accepted as well.

#10 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

#11 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

#12 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

#13 recurveman

recurveman

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Super91, thanks for the videos. Now I am not if I want the new inline bow and drawloc or just the drawloc and bow of my choice....LOL. Options.....a terrible thing to have.

#14 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

#15 recurveman

recurveman

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hey Super, your videos have me rethinking how much I want an inline crossbow. I might just start with the inline draw lock on a 29" PSE Vendeta or something similar and then come back for the inline Xbow. Thanks for the vids...very informative.

#16 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

These are some really cool devices. You ought to try the Draw-loc first. You might be surprised at how nice it is. And the In-Line Crossbow is cool too. All fun toys and you can't have too many!!

#17 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

How true!!! :P

#18 recurveman

recurveman

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

Super, I am looking in to the idea of the inline draw-loc on a PSE Omen Pro at 370 fps at 70#s. One pin sight would be good to 40 yards. Might just work ok.

#19 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

Wait till you see how Jerry put a small scope on the complete bow he has and shoots it vertically. It is very neat. But what you are thinking right in line with how it can be used, and used very well. Cool!

#20 Super 91

Super 91

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSW Virginia

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

Here ya go.....gotta like this setup....

Posted Image