Strykezone 380 + HHA Optimizer

• Please log in to reply

#1 Dooder

Dooder

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationJackson, MI

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

I have seen a lot of questions pertaining to an HHA on the 380. Lots of concern about the final height of the scope. IMO this bow does have a high scope rail to start with. If I mount it like I would a shotgun, my line of vision is perfectly down the scope rail.(no scope mounted) The Optimizer does add roughly 1/4 inch to the over all height of finished mount. I got a few minutes to mount mine yesterday. With the Optizer and the Hawke/HHA L-4 scope mounted, it measures 2 1/2 inches to the center of the scope from the top of the stock. To me not that big of a problem, just move the bow/stock down closer to my jaw,than the bottom of my cheek bone, where I would noramlly mount. But, I would think that you need to have a consistent mounting point or it could throw of you accuracy for distance? (make sure the bow is level when shooting) One nice thing about the Optimizer is it gives you a lot of options for eye relief. Now....if I could just get a chance to shot it. I don't know how this Hawke measures up to others, but I was very impressed with the optics. It is a single line with a small dot at the intersection of the vertical and horizontal lines. It has 5 levels of brightness in red and green. I did notice the weight the Optimizer and Hawke added, but barely, and it is all at towrard the middle/rear of the bow. These bows are so light to start with, it is unbelievable. Now.....if I could just get out to shoot it. I have been a little stretched with time this week due to kids and basketball + My target is up at my cottage, and I cannot shoot in my neighborhood. Looks like I may have to go buy another one, and go to a buddy's house that has some acreage, and see what happens.

Dooder

#2 randyxx75

randyxx75

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

thanks for the info Dooder! im thinking hha myself, how much is the L4? thanks Randy

#3 Dooder

Dooder

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationJackson, MI

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

I think they sell for around $280 + for the scope and Optimizer. I got kind of lucky, and ran into a good deal. My original plan for a scope was to put on a Tasco 2-7 power that I had on a slug gun. When I compared the 2, the optics were better on the Hawke/HHA L-4 by a long shot. This was a display model at an archery shop and when I first looked at it, I thought it was the Hawke SR which I think is basically the same thing, except this only has the one line instead of 4.Looking at the information on setting up the optimizer, I think it will take the #27 tape. It is pretty simple to use the optimizer. Sight in from 20 yards, with the wheel set at 0 and then dial the wheel to get it sighted in at 60 yards. You can determine about what mark to use if you know the bows FPS and then look at the chart in the directions. In the 380's case shooting 380 fps it should be the #27 mark on the practice tape on the wheel. Make sure it is sighted in as good as you can get it. You then pick the corresponding tape that the optimizer is pointing to when sighted in at 60 yards. (again--probably the #27 tape) and apply that one over the practice wheel. You are now set for 20-80 yards.