View New Content Mark all as read |  

Hardcase for the SZ 380 ?

• Please log in to reply

#1 STEELERS 6 Time Champs

STEELERS 6 Time Champs

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

Anyone find a compact hardcase that will work with the new Strykezone's ? I'm not interested in a soft case but something that will truely protect these new SZ's. Thanks.

#2 STEELERS 6 Time Champs

STEELERS 6 Time Champs

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Anyone have a suggestion ? I think the Parker Red Hot soft case would probably work , but it would be nice if someone like plano would make one that is more compact or even custom fit to that model then bowtech could sell that as a complete package.

#3 Dan h

Dan h

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSouthern michigan

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Anyone have a suggestion ? I think the Parker Red Hot soft case would probably work , but it would be nice if someone like plano would make one that is more compact or even custom fit to that model then bowtech could sell that as a complete package.

I did buy and try the Parker soft case, not a good fit had to return it

#4 capitalasports

capitalasports

• Banned
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

I did buy and try the Parker soft case, not a good fit had to return it

Dan I have bought a 34.00 allen soft case until I can find a hard case....not the best but works.

#5 STEELERS 6 Time Champs

STEELERS 6 Time Champs

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

What about the Plano hardcase or Flambeau Stingray ? Would one of these work ? The plano is 11" high and the Flambeau is 10.5" , just wondering if the scope will have enough room ? Anyone try one of these? I know they are not the best fit for these SZ's , but I guess you can always add more padding inside.

#6 bodoodle

bodoodle

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationVirginia by way of Georgia

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

I just bought a SZ 380 and have two of the Plano hard cases. Even with my lower profile Pro Point scope it will not close because of the scope. The grip around the trigger extends down too far for the Plano and causes the rear of the scope to sit up too high. I've tried taking out all of the foam but no dice. I'm going to see if the Flambeau will work or maybe the new Plano I've been reading about although it is really wide to handle the Excals. Looks like it might be a lot of wasted real estate for us short limbed bow owners. But my ultimate goal is too protect my investment as much as possible.

#7 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

Plano is coming out with a new hard crossbow case...the Manta....which will fit a wide variety of crossbows...will yours fit? Don't know...you'll have to call Plano and ask...

here's a link to it:

http://www.planomold...ossbow-Case.pdf

#8 capitalasports

capitalasports

• Banned
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

What about the Plano hardcase or Flambeau Stingray ? Would one of these work ? The plano is 11" high and the Flambeau is 10.5" , just wondering if the scope will have enough room ? Anyone try one of these? I know they are not the best fit for these SZ's , but I guess you can always add more padding inside.

no on both...

#9 LoveLabs

LoveLabs

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

Anybody address this issue with BT?

#10 whitewm

whitewm

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

as soft case's go the new neet cx104

#11 jeffro14

jeffro14

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

I got a Plano Manta hardcase for my Strykezone 380. Works great!! Holds everything securely with plenty of clearance for scope.

Attached Images

• manta.jpg

#12 bodoodle

bodoodle

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationVirginia by way of Georgia

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

I bought the Flambeau soft case and it fit the my 380 just fine in the scope area. It is a bigger case than what is needed for the Strykezones but you have to do what you have to do at this time. It does have tie downs built into the case and also has a zippered pocket on the bottom, too. I finally got a chance to see a Manta hard case and ended up buying one. Like the Flambeau soft case it is overkill for the Strykzones since it is made to fit the wide Excalibur brand of crossbows. But I actually like it better than the original hard case made by Plano. The Manta has two stationary handles, one on each side, so I find it easier to move about and it has a shoulder strap if you are inclined to use it. Their new style locking latches are also way above those irritating ones that pop off on you all the time.

#13 eborrn

eborrn

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

Bought a Vangaurd Saberlock X Crossbow case for my SZ380. Fits like a glove and accomadates scope even with the HHA optimizer with HHA scope.

#14 Snowslammer

Snowslammer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Just sent a Plano Manta back. My 380 would not fit. Problem was length not height. Unless you remove the foot stirup it will not fit in the manta.

#15 TimF

TimF

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

I have the manta....there is tons of length.....it has the adjustable butt end and did not need to be lengthened the whole way....did you try adjusting that?