• Please log in to reply

#1 Patriot

Patriot

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationBexar County

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

Good Afternoon Evryone,

I just got my crossbow put together last night , so hopefully I'll do some shooting this weekend.

Here is the Question: I've got a New BoneCollector target that I intended to use for my compound ... Can I use the same target for my Crossbow ? My crossbow is the Barnet Jackel @ 315 fps and the BoneCollector target is rated to 400 fps.

Take Care & God Bless

Patriot

#2 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Good Afternoon Evryone,

I just got my crossbow put together last night , so hopefully I'll do some shooting this weekend.

Here is the Question: I've got a New BoneCollector target that I intended to use for my compound ... Can I use the same target for my Crossbow ? My crossbow is the Barnet Jackel @ 315 fps and the BoneCollector target is rated to 400 fps.

Take Care & God Bless

Patriot

I have the same target....have been using it for two years with my Tornado (330 fps) with no problems.....provided you're shooting field points only.....if you want one for broadheads...get a rinehart 18:1

#3 E Wayne

E Wayne

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

At what speed will a 12" deep rag bag target not be able to stop the arrows?

#4 vaguru

vaguru

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

At what speed will a 12" deep rag bag target not be able to stop the arrows?

It depends just how tightly you stuff the bag. I use feed bags stuffed very tight with old clothes, is about 6" thick. Will stop my arrows at 380 fps, unless I shoot exactly the same spot. Hit the same spot without stomping on the bag, and the 4th arrow will probably go through, but usually is caught by the fletching just inside the back cover.

I feel this is probably the best target for crossbows if you have the materials/time to make one. I prefer old jeans with metal removed.

BTW,shooting at 20 yds, a 265 gr arrow at 270 fps from a vertical sometimes bounces back! This is one tough target. Now a 310 gr arrow at 289 fps from a vertical always penetrates, but only about 5", unless I hit the same spot about 15 - 20 times. Then it might penetrate a bit out the back side.

#5 crappie-tom

crappie-tom

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Good Afternoon Evryone,

Take Care & God Bless

Patriot

A big YEP. It stops the Scorpyd 165 @ 400+fps with ease. I'm assuming you have the billard balls side to shoot at. You can call a ball and bet your buddies. Maybe even take their $ and buy some extra equipment. This target makes shooting more fun. They should make a bright broadhead target with the same side. I haven't seen one yet.

c-t