Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Anyone use one of these ?.. what one is a good one to get ....Hook

#2 SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

This might not help, but just for kicks I sat in two, for just a minute at a big box store and was not impressed enough to even look at the brand.
Being the kind of guy I am<fat old>I did not have enough room to think, even without the crossbow.

#3 mechmark

mechmark

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Locationcentral okiehoma

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

my buddy bought one last year with the built in chair, its surace was very shiny andno way to get in itwithout crawling on the groundand getting wet

he bought a doghouse this year for 25 dollars more than he had in the little one.

ive had a brickhouse for about 8 yrs and it has served me well but its near the end of its life so im checking out some new ones looking pretty good at the rhinoblind its more pricey but has some nice features

#4 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

Ron.....I've seen you eat...it would be best for you buy at least a 2-person blind :D

#5 Dan h

Dan h

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSouthern michigan

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

you might want to take a look at the LUCKY HUNTING BLIND, you will find it on there web sight, it is made in Michigan I have had there large one for over 3 years and have used it hard and left it out in the woods for weeks at a time and it still looks to be in excellent condition almost like new

#6 singleshot

singleshot

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hey I don't know if you get the sportsman guide catolog but I recieved an email sale from them a couple of days ago and there was one on there for 99.95 that was 6' x 7' by 6'6"high, and comes with a light backpack that if fits in and weighs 20 lbs. they had another smaller one that was 5'x5' x5'6" high but I considered that one to small, it also came with the backpack and weighed 14 lbs. and it's price is 49.95. just wanted to point out a couple of ground blinds that were at a fairly decent price, I went for the larger one and it is supposed to be delivered sometime friday. Check them out it never hurts to look.
Singleshot... :thumbsu:

#7 coltchris

coltchris

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNW Michigan

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

,Ditto the Lucky's Blinds; VERY well made with quality materials. Don't have one, but my nephew does and it is excellent.

#8 Capt Hook

Capt Hook

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

Ron.....I've seen you eat...it would be best for you buy at least a 2-person blind :D

Thank's alot bob .but I recall the last time we had lunch your food disapeared so fast me & dave thought you dropped your lunch on the floor ????....Ha.Ha.Ha. ............Hook

#9 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

Thank's alot bob .but I recall the last time we had lunch your food disapeared so fast me & dave thought you dropped your lunch on the floor ????....Ha.Ha.Ha. ............Hook

Dave only said that because he ate it....

#10 Capt Hook

Capt Hook

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

"Yea" I guess your right. looks like he didn't miss to many Hoagies...sorry Dave .....lol....Hook

#11 Neverhome

Neverhome

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

I used one for one year. You do have to crawl under the front to get in which is not a big deal unless it is raining but you also have a limited window to shoot through. I found it much better to be out side. If rain concerns you, those portable tree umbrellas work fine in a light rain if the wind isn't kicking up. They also double as a one sided ground blind. If it is, it reall isn't good bow hunting weather anyway. I also used a blind similar to the dog house which was much bigger and had wider side windows. It is a better choice and much easier to enter and exit, but you still do not have the ability to look 360 degrees around. Several times I heard movement behind the blind, only to find tracks within 15 yards when leaving for the day.

Neverhome

#12 Capt Hook

Capt Hook

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

you might want to take a look at the LUCKY HUNTING BLIND, you will find it on there web sight, it is made in Michigan I have had there large one for over 3 years and have used it hard and left it out in the woods for weeks at a time and it still looks to be in excellent condition almost like new

I checked the "Lucky's out look to be well made I like the gun model since I use gun & crossbow to hunt with looks big enough for me (As Bob would put it ).....Capt Hook

#13 srivers15

srivers15

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

I tried using a one person chair blind this past season, and with a crossbow you just don't have much room. I wouldn't suggest going this route.

#14 FLA-XBOW

FLA-XBOW

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Killzone blinds are really cheap with plenty of windows, i think the website is www.killzonehunting.com but if you want real quality check out Ameristeps Crossbones crossbow blind

Edited by FLA-XBOW, 17 July 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#15 saintdeer

saintdeer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHAW RIVER< NC

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Killzone blinds are really cheap with plenty of windows, i think the website is www.killzonehunting.com but if you want real quality check out Ameristeps Crossbones crossbow blind

I have 5 of those 2-man chair blinds and love them! they have great customer service also which goes a long way. If you sit in the chair first then pull the top over you dont have to crawl under. Not sure why nobody gets that? Thats how they were made was to sit and set up. Anyway, I shoot deer at 10 feet out of mine and they normally have no idea I am there til its too late.

#16 Falcon124

Falcon124

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Check out the Ameristep Outhouse blind. Simple to setup and take down, enough room inside for a full sized chair and reasonably priced. The tangle 2.0 camo blends in real well with thick brush.

#17 schneep

schneep

• Members
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Wisconsin

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

I shoot out of an Eclipse model which is a "hub" type which I like because there are no loose parts. I have a full size directors chair and a small table for my Tac 15i a Mr. Buddy heater and a 17 Lb. propane tank plus all my other gear in it. Still a little room left over. And, I am not some skinny minny.
By attaching some brush to these things, they become part of the landscape.

Also have and older "Outhouse" blind for another site for rifle. I have had deer stick their head in the window to look in, and I've had grouse seek in and try to land on the damn thing. The best was a little white weasel that snuck in and curled up on my knapsack.

Edited by schneep, 12 December 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#18 graywolf

graywolf

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

I crossbow hunt from a two man chair blind by Ameristep. I have plenty of room in front of the double seat. I use a bipod to keep the bow up and ready to shoot. The crossbow itself is concealed in the blind. The double seat gives a single hunter plenty of room for sitting and keeping your equipment handy. Also easy to pack up and move to a new site. I also have a singe seat chair blind that I turkey-shotgun hunt from.