Barnet Rope Cocking Device

• Please log in to reply

#1 Patriot

Patriot

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationBexar County

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

I'm new to crossbows and need some assistance on How to use the Rope Cocking Device. I'm more of a Visual Learner , So a video would be good but any assistance would be appreciated.

Unfortunatly The Barnet Jackal doesn't allow a Mechanical Cocking device ... wish I would have known before purchase but that's ... OK.

#2 JWG

JWG

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • Locationwoodlawn il. jefferson cty.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

p8t rope in gruve right behind trigg houseing then put both hooks on string on each side of flite rail with both handels next to string. you can shorten or lingthin rope to your likeing .i have as short as i can seams easer to cock that way for me.but i have a predator.jim

#3 JWG

JWG

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • Locationwoodlawn il. jefferson cty.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

also you should be able to adapt the crank cocker for the predator on it but not sure

#4 Patriot

Patriot

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationBexar County

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

After the kids went to sleep, I got on You Tube and there were a LOT of "HOW TO" video's for using hte rope cocking device.
I've been looking at Mechanical cocking devices that I think would work ... But the warrenty. Dang wish I would have found this sight before I got the bow ... Kind of a Christmas gift. But with my back feeling better and the video, It wasn't all that bad pulling the Jackal back.

Still wish Barnet would make ALL Crossbows compatable with a Mechanical Cocking Device!

#5 barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400

Barnett Representative

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

also you should be able to adapt the crank cocker for the predator on it but not sure

I just want to make it clear that there is absolutely no way to adapt the Predator crank cocking device for the Jackal.....

#6 RM-MN

RM-MN

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

I just want to make it clear that there is absolutely no way to adapt the Predator crank cocking device for the Jackal.....

Here's how one guy did it. http://www.crossbown...-crank-install/

#7 barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400

Barnett Representative

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

We offer plenty of bows that are crank cocking device compatible. If you need a CCD to cock your bow, buy a bow takes a CCD. We do not recommend attaching a Predator Crank or any Crank on the Jackal period.

-Jesse

#8 RM-MN

RM-MN

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for the (non) help. I had already bought the bow before I knew that I needed a crank cocking device. Nowhere on the box does it mention that you cannot use a Barnett Crank Cocking Device on this bow. Now you suggest I choose a different crossbow because your engineering department is unable to produce a CCD for this bow. Do I get credit for returning this crossbow so I can buy a different one? Should I buy a different brand since you cannot build a CCD for this even though I have provided proof that it can be done?

#9 llbts1

llbts1

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Wow, so you don't do your research, you don't check the options and it is somehow, Barnetts fault? And now Barnett is suppose to design a crank for you? And since you have proven it has been done, why don't you do it? All Im guessing Barnett is saying is that you will void the warranty on your crossbow and they will not be held liable.
  • jforbob and Jef like this

#10 AndyC

AndyC

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Wow, so you don't do your research, you don't check the options and it is somehow, Barnetts fault? And now Barnett is suppose to design a crank for you? And since you have proven it has been done, why don't you do it? All Im guessing Barnett is saying is that you will void the warranty on your crossbow and they will not be held liable.

A big plus 1^^^

RM-MN, you can't possibly mean what you are saying?
  • jforbob likes this

#11 stevinator

stevinator

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationN Illinois

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Must be a LIBERAL lol
  • Stalker likes this

#12 XLR8

XLR8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationAxson,Ga.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

X2
  • jforbob likes this

#13 Brian Brazier

Brian Brazier

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKent, WA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Being dissabled I knew ahead of time I would need a rope cocking device, I did lots of research on Barnett xbows and found out which models accepted a cocking devices and made an educated decision. Dont see how this is Barnetts fault, you should always research a product you clearly know nothing about, especially since they sell more than one rope cocking device and multiple bows, even a quick glace at Barnetts website would have shown you all xbows that can be used with cocking devices are clearly noted. What model cocking device did you buy? I need one for a Ghost 350, if you have the one for that bow, is new or like new condition, and we can agree on a price, I will take it off your hands.

Please PM me if your interested.

Edited by Brian Brazier, 03 March 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#14 RM-MN

RM-MN

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

How much research should be needed?  Shouldn't Barnett mention it prominiently on the package so by going to the store I can make an informed decision?  Do I need to search the internet before I buy anything?  This bow suits my purpose fine except I have a bad back and even with a rope cocking device I hurt when I use it which I didn't know would be a problem when I bought the bow.  I can make one to work but I'd rather just be able to buy one. 

#15 BigBowMan

BigBowMan

Happy Member

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationBig Flats, WI

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Ummmm, when going to make a weapons purchase.... YES! It's up to the consumer to know exacty what they are purchasing. You admitted yourself that you didn't know that you would have a problem drawing back the string. Did you even go to a store and shoot any crossbows or even try to cock them before you jumped in with both feet? Well since I have severe weekness and a broken back, those were the first things I did before making my purchases.  It's referred to as being a responsible consumer. Good luck and Happy hunting!

#16 JANDD2012

JANDD2012

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

WOW! Really! You made the choice to buy a crossbow and did zero research and now your are blaming Barnett ...I'm sorry guy but looks like you should have done your homework. That would be like someone coming into my car dealer and not reading the window sticker before they buy a car.

#17 Guest_Hoppytoad_*

Guest_Hoppytoad_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

How much research should be needed? Shouldn't Barnett mention it prominiently on the package so by going to the store I can make an informed decision? Do I need to search the internet before I buy anything? This bow suits my purpose fine except I have a bad back and even with a rope cocking device I hurt when I use it which I didn't know would be a problem when I bought the bow. I can make one to work but I'd rather just be able to buy one.

Kind of like with Obamacare it's OK to get a motorcycle - where is the personal accountability,

Here's a concept- find the reciept and return it, personally I got a Jackal for christmas too and both my shoulders are jacked up, I knew what I was getting into before it ever arrived, and Barnett has been great with any question or concern and believe me I'm a picky bastard. Ask the rep who hangs around this forum ( I really wish emoticons would work here from an Ipad )

Allow me to edit this post- I recently found an issue with printed documentation from Barnett that I'm not going to detail here as it's been resolved, the misprint cost me more agitation than money but I'm not blaming the company because I get it, product improvement changes and manufacturing runs don't always get the correct updates, nobody's fault just an oversight. And both pieces of information work just fine with the product involved. Might I add the Jackal is not the Cadillac of crossbows, more like an Aveo- as a beginner I'm fine with that but it was a conscious decision on my part to purchase.

Edited by Hoppytoad, 07 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#18 Hunting Sc

Hunting Sc

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationIn a blind in carolina

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

This is dumb... you should have researched the bow before buying it. Plan and simple.not trying to be a ass.. just saying. Alot of info out there on every model from each company.most can be cocked by hand ( not recommended ) but the rope cocker works just fine.. once again just saying lol

Chris

#19 Hunting Sc

Hunting Sc

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationIn a blind in carolina

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Lol didnt read much past the top post.. sorry about that.. either way it is what it is.

#20 llbts1

llbts1

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Me personally, if I have a specific need, no matter the product, I make sure from internet web site, reading the box, reading forums, calling the mfg, asking the dealer, that the product will work for my specific needs. And if I don't read it on the box, I don't assume the product will work for me. I do not purchase the product until I know that the product has all the features I require. From what I have read about the Jackal, it may be the best value in crossbows today.  I know you say you can make one, so you must be pretty handy around the shop, but I would sure be careful. Would hate to see a man get hurt. Good luck, Larry

How much research should be needed?  Shouldn't Barnett mention it prominiently on the package so by going to the store I can make an informed decision?  Do I need to search the internet before I buy anything?  This bow suits my purpose fine except I have a bad back and even with a rope cocking device I hurt when I use it which I didn't know would be a problem when I bought the bow.  I can make one to work but I'd rather just be able to buy one. 

Edited by llbts1, 07 March 2013 - 10:05 PM.