View New Content Mark all as read |  

Horton Legacy 175 or Excalibur Axiom

• Please log in to reply

#1 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hello All, I have narrowed down my search of crossbows to the Horton Legacy 175 or Excalibur Axiom. I would like to ask for opinions on which is better and why, or if there is a better choice for around the same monies?

#2 Guest_vixenmaster_*

Guest_vixenmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

I don't knowed nutten about the Horton cept others views. I haven't owned or shot the Axiom but i have had Excal Recurves fer close to 15 yrs now. Personally the excal is the better brand & more dependable. I have killed a many of Tick Toter using my Excal Bow :thumbsu:

#3 cabinfever

cabinfever

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSummit County Ohio

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

I don't knowed nutten about the Horton cept others views. I haven't owned or shot the Axiom but i have had Excal Recurves fer close to 15 yrs now. Personally the excal is the better brand & more dependable. I have killed a many of Tick Toter using my Excal Bow :thumbsu:

I have both brands. Both are nice bows. I like the Excalibur for the easy maintenance at home with no bow press

#4 georgiaboy

georgiaboy

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hello All, I have narrowed down my search of crossbows to the Horton Legacy 175 or Excalibur Axiom. I would like to ask for opinions on which is better and why, or if there is a better choice for around the same monies?

I 've owned a horton ledgend (175lb) and i currently own an excalibur ibex (175lb). Both are good bows, speed is close (slight edge to the horton) but the excal is the more accurate of the two hands down...not even close!!! Throw in the ease of maintanance, ability to change your own strings and the excal warranty and it's a no brainer for me!!

#5 den

den

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image do not know about horton... got a excalibur equinox .i did a robin hood shoot at 50 yard.when i was ajusting the scope for the frist time. so i leard not to haim same spot twice :thumbsu:
for me excalubur all the way!!!

#6 Johnie H

Johnie H

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

Posted Image do not know about horton... got a excalibur equinox .i did a robin hood shoot at 50 yard.when i was ajusting the scope for the frist time. so i leard not to haim same spot twice :thumbsu:
for me excalubur all the way!!!

That's more accurate then the best high powered rifles. Should make Ginues book of records

Edited by Johnie H, 20 May 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#7 gendoc

gendoc

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Locationlowest bama

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

That's more accurate then the best high powered rifles. Should make Ginues book of records

excal hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu: