View New Content Mark all as read |  

Replacing cable slide

• Please log in to reply

#1 Bobo

Bobo

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

I need to replace my cable slide on the Cyclone and have a couple of questions.

Do I purchase this from Parker? and do I have to press the bow to replace?

Thanks

#2 teamparker

teamparker

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

I would be glad to send you a slide for your crossbow. If you would email me your address to dough@parkerbows.com. I will send you one.You can then go to our website at Parkerbows.com and look at the how to video. This will help you in installing your slide. Thanks and I will look forward to helping anyway I can..... Doug Harris Parker Bows.

#3 Bobo

Bobo

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

Now that right there is customer service my friends. This is one of the reasons I told my wife I wanted A Parker For Christmas last year.

#4 XBOWMAN

XBOWMAN

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

I would be glad to send you a slide for your crossbow. If you would email me your address to dough@parkerbows.com. I will send you one.You can then go to our website at Parkerbows.com and look at the how to video. This will help you in installing your slide. Thanks and I will look forward to helping anyway I can..... Doug Harris Parker Bows.

Great! I just had a replacement slide sent to me. I am glad there is a how to video on replacing it. Thanks for the great service!

PHS1990

Edited by PHS1990, 26 July 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#5 XBOWMAN

XBOWMAN

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Great! I just had a replacement slide sent to me. I am glad there is a how to video on replacing it. Thanks for the great service!

PHS1990

Doug,

I just went to the Parker site to see how to replace the slide and I did not see where the video was. Can you post the link?

Thanks,

PHS1990

Edited by PHS1990, 26 July 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#6 Cossack

Cossack

Incurable Tinkerer

• Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationNo MN

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Doug,

I just went to the Parker site to see how to replace the slide and I did not see where the video was. Can you post the link?

Thanks,

PHS1990

Only referance to replacing the cable slide is under the troubleshooting section re cable wear. (A safe/strong press to do the job and know what you're doing necessary). Instructuons are to take it to a dealer.

#7 robertyb

robertyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

I checked it out and it does not show how under the Cyclone video. It does show the cable slide assembly on the Buckbuster video though I would think they are very similar it not exactally the same assembly.

Edited by robertyb, 28 July 2011 - 09:26 AM.

#8 Buck Buster

Buck Buster

Flying Dutchman

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

Thank you for the video, i had a problem with my cable slide last year. Parker sent me new one. Thanks Parker!

#9 KodiakIslandArchery

KodiakIslandArchery

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationFairbanks, Alaska

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I need some cable slides...sent teamparker (doug) a email plus a message on here, don't know if he will get it, he has not been on here for awhile

Edited by 909bowsniper, 29 December 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#10 Old Hoosier

Old Hoosier

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationJASPER COUNTY, INDIANA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Only referance to replacing the cable slide is under the troubleshooting section re cable wear. (A safe/strong press to do the job and know what you're doing necessary). Instructuons are to take it to a dealer.

I didn't need a press to install the cable slide and front bow on my Parker Hornet Extreme. The important thing is to cross the cables, on the left side of the stock while in the shooting position, in the right direction.