View New Content Mark all as read |  

best scope

• Please log in to reply

#1 ringer

ringer

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

What is the best scope for a bow that shoots 350fps?

#2 ynot

ynot

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

ringer what bow? people want to know. does it have 3/8 dovetail or weaver? do you prefer cross hairs, red dot, or 3dot bow scope, I didnt like any of my first three scope for bow , and picked a low power rifle scope, cause i'm just over 350, mines good out to 67 - 70 yrds, has mill dot retical, made by utg , 50$ thats all, droped it last week end, 20' or so and is still dead on.

#3 crappie-tom

crappie-tom

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

That's a loaded ? because you didn't list any of your preferences. Illuminated, Lines, circles, dots, magnification, price. I currently have a Lumizone and for hunting it is ok. I've studied the magnification to be ~ 5x on the highest speed setting compared with the Zeiss Conquest at the same distance. What I don't like about it is the fact that each click in elavation and windage is 1/2" at 20 yards. I believe this makes it 1.5" at 60 yards. Try to dial that in and shoot a small target. What I'm getting at is if you can't dial it in exactly at 20 you might have to play with the mounts if your picky like me. Check this fact when considering your scopes. Most rifle scopes have 1/4" clicks at 100 yards. Much more precise but, most are 2nd plane scopes and, that's another story depending on which one and application.

A little more info to narrow down your choices.

c-t

#4 ringer

ringer

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

That's a loaded ? because you didn't list any of your preferences. Illuminated, Lines, circles, dots, magnification, price. I currently have a Lumizone and for hunting it is ok. I've studied the magnification to be ~ 5x on the highest speed setting compared with the Zeiss Conquest at the same distance. What I don't like about it is the fact that each click in elavation and windage is 1/2" at 20 yards. I believe this makes it 1.5" at 60 yards. Try to dial that in and shoot a small target. What I'm getting at is if you can't dial it in exactly at 20 you might have to play with the mounts if your picky like me. Check this fact when considering your scopes. Most rifle scopes have 1/4" clicks at 100 yards. Much more precise but, most are 2nd plane scopes and, that's another story depending on which one and application.

A little more info to narrow down your choices.

c-t

Im looking to purchase a bowtech 350 bare bones and add accessories. I'd like illuminated w/lines but, could live w/o illumination. Also want to stay under $200. or so. Based on that, what u recommend?

#5 crappie-tom

crappie-tom

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

Im looking to purchase a bowtech 350 bare bones and add accessories. I'd like illuminated w/lines but, could live w/o illumination. Also want to stay under $200. or so. Based on that, what u recommend?

Ultimate Lightweight hunting bow that is really special. To keep it light with good optics I refer to Moon's favorite the Hawke XB30 for ~$200 w/shipping, You can see his bows set up with a HHA Optimizer and the XB30 on the Bowtech forum. Other less expensive choices for hunting would be the Lumizone for ~$150 or Hawkes SR and Varizone in that order.

c-t

#6 Johnie H

Johnie H

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

If you like fine crosshairs, you can't beat the Hawke XB-30. If you like a dot then the new Tenpoint Rangemaster is a good choice.

#7 Buck CLS

Buck CLS

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

I have a tenpoint Rangmaster and it's gets 5 stars from me. you can dial the speed of your bolt you are using for a certain bolt and it automaticaly resights to match your bolt. 5 dots to 50 yards and 3 options red, green or black dots and crosshairs 20,30,40 yards and dot for 50. you dail down the speed and it will be on farther out. Check it out at Tenpoints web site.

#8 ringer

ringer

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

I have a tenpoint Rangmaster and it's gets 5 stars from me. you can dial the speed of your bolt you are using for a certain bolt and it automaticaly resights to match your bolt. 5 dots to 50 yards and 3 options red, green or black dots and crosshairs 20,30,40 yards and dot for 50. you dail down the speed and it will be on farther out. Check it out at Tenpoints web site.

Thanks for the advice....I'll check them out