Barnett Jackal 3 dot Scope Question

• Please log in to reply

#1 green1320

green1320

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

I just received my brand new Barnett Jackal in the mail today. The CB is very well constructed and looks great. The only problem I can see is that the scope is not very clear and it is hard to see the 3 dots in it no matter what setting I have the illumination on. The dots are right on top of each other with no space. I was wondering if this is normal or is there something wrong with this scope. Also being new to CB's what distance should the top dot be sighted in at and then what distance are the middle and last dot zeroed at. I have shot bows for many years but due to back injury just got my first CB. Thanks for any help!

#2 blugrass

blugrass

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

May need a new battery. I had problems with my red dot scope from Barnet also. Finally had to put a tru glow crosshair scope on.
I used the top dot for 25 yds and the second 35 and the bottom at 45 yds. My problem with the Barnet sight was it would'nt stay zeroedin.

Good luck
Blugrass

#3 green1320

green1320

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

My problem is that the scope is very foggy and the three dots are so close together that they blur when you look at them. I have shot alot of IR scopes for bows and none of the dots were ever this close together. A friend of mine has a crossbow with another brand of scope and his is very clear and the dots are farther apart and the scope was only $40.00. His CB shoots very close groups and is accurate. The Barnett scope is being sold for $99.00 and is not near as clear and the dots are way too close together. Did you try contacting Barnett with the problem with your scope before you replaced it? I tried calling them but was on hold for over 20 min so I hope to talk with them tommarow. I hope their scopes are better that what I got!

#4 ridgehunter

ridgehunter

• Members
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

This is one of the busiest times of the year for the manufacturers but 20 minutes! I have that same sight and it has remaind on POA for 3 years, is clear, and has not moved. I am sure that customer service will help you. Try to contact barnettXbows on this site.

#5 vabowhunter

vabowhunter

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

I just received my brand new Barnett Jackal in the mail today. The CB is very well constructed and looks great. The only problem I can see is that the scope is not very clear and it is hard to see the 3 dots in it no matter what setting I have the illumination on. The dots are right on top of each other with no space. I was wondering if this is normal or is there something wrong with this scope. Also being new to CB's what distance should the top dot be sighted in at and then what distance are the middle and last dot zeroed at. I have shot bows for many years but due to back injury just got my first CB. Thanks for any help!

You definitely have a defective scope, bro. There should be a noticeable space between all of three of your dots and it should be clear. One thing I have noticed is at "last light" my scope does kind of have an amber tint but I can live with it. As for Barnett's customer service, I had an issue and had to call several times but keep in mind, 'tis the season and they are damned busy.

#6 green1320

green1320

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Got in contact with Rob from Barnett and he is replacing the scope! Thanks Rob for the exceptional service.

#7 fatdad46

fatdad46

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

I bought a Jackal a couple of months ago. I also wasn't pleased with the Barnett red dot. The dots all blurred together.[poor eyesight] I purchased a Hawke sport optics crossbow sr scope.I found it on the web for around $100. I am very pleased with this new scope. Good luck!

#8 choogiewayne

choogiewayne

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

I got a Jackel to and had problems with the scope to i changed the battery and could see the dots pretty good then. thought i was gonna have to send it back to barnett but it works now. Thought i was gonna miss opening day didnt get to shoot any monster bucks but did take down a doe with the Jackel at about 30 yards. I have the center dot set at 30 yards.