TRT UL Silencer Kit

• Please log in to reply

#1 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

I just ordered the BowJax Split-limb Silencing kit. I just hope they're as easy to install as the video depicts. The only thing I'm worried about is attaching the Slipjax string dampeners - I'm leery about trying to open up the string and it not being centered or possibly damaging the string. Would I be better off asking the bow shop to install the kit? The limp silencers just bolt right on no problem.

#2 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hi I just installed the split limb Bowjax system on my Carbon Express cx 3.5...Made a big difference you wont be disapointed.I think you will need bow press for the string silencers.I did the kit myself but I also bought the Bow Jax 1 $7 slip on silencers for the cable and strings.They slide right on string without taking string off bow.They are held on with really small zip ties.I also bought the bowjax Rizer $30 for the xbow risers.I will post some pics of my setup soon.

#3 Onlyaspike

Onlyaspike

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

I have a OMP EZ Peeper- String Seperator .....It'll help you seperate the string with ease with no fear of tearing a strand.

#4 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thanks guys. I've been searching the internet for some installation/how to videos to properly install the string silencers. Bow Jax shows the Slipjax model for CB, but they also show a "slip on" model - Ultrajax II - where you don't have to use a bow press or split the string to install. Would anyone know if those slip-ons will work on the CB the same as the Slipjax version? Also, the Slipjax look like they'd need to be served to keep them from flying off when you make a shot... correct? Any leads on the how to videos would be a plus.

#5 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Terry yes they will work just like the other ones.I have the slip ons and they work great I also installed the Bowjax Crossbow kit.It added 7fps to speed when I was done and a big difference on noise.On the back of package it tells you where to install the kit.I tried to upload pics of my set up but it wont let me says file to large:(

#6 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Terry yes they will work just like the other ones.I have the slip ons and they work great I also installed the Bowjax Crossbow kit.It added 7fps to speed when I was done and a big difference on noise.On the back of package it tells you where to install the kit.I tried to upload pics of my set up but it wont let me says file to large:(

Thanks. I think I'll just order them right off Bow Jax's website. I habven't a lot of lukc lately at Cabela's or Dick's looking for stuff and it not being out of stock. Bow Jax also says that they can be used on the cable as well as the string, might even try that if the first go proves fruitful. I'm even going to try them on my PSE BowMadness XS, and if that works then on my old Parker Buckhunter I'm trying to setup for my granddaughter.

#7 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Ebay $6 bucks

#8 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Terry I was able to upload it here :)

Attached Images

• SAM_0057 redone.jpg

#9 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

Nice rig!! I see you've got them doubled-up on the string & a single on the cable, plus the limbs. Rough guess on how much they reduced the typical CB "twang"? :beerhat: :cool:

Also see from your FB page you're a HOG mbmr.. I'm on an '08 Street Bob with a little work done on it, not finished yet... gotta powder coat new upper triple-tree (from on '07) and then add my son-in-law's old risers and bars off his Duece. Got some pics on my FB, the bike under the flag is mine...

#10 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

A big difference all Crossbows will make noise but I would guess 1/2 the twang we would call it is gone.This Xbow has a quick thud and thats it and that isnt that loud.Well worth the investment that I made but everyone has their own opinion on what is loud.I will make video of before bowjax install and after bowjax install and post it here.I tell ya what for what noise this Xbow does make the arrow is already threw the deer before his brain tells him he is screwed :) Check out this videos I found:

video 1:

Video 2:

#11 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

I just ordered the BowJax Split-limb Silencing kit. I just hope they're as easy to install as the video depicts. The only thing I'm worried about is attaching the Slipjax string dampeners - I'm leery about trying to open up the string and it not being centered or possibly damaging the string. Would I be better off asking the bow shop to install the kit? The limp silencers just bolt right on no problem.

one thing i did after i bought my TRT was to buy the portable bow press sold on this site. it works great and you can service the bow anytime yourself. on the TRT one thing that adds a bit of twang is the foot stirrup, its like a tuning fork.

#12 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

Terry I was able to upload it here :)

the position of those string silencers look like they would hit the other strings when shot.

#13 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Tracker I moved the one set of Bowjax to the other side of the cable so they dont hit at all.My foot stirrup is rubber dip coated but I can see what you mean about it being a big tuning fork.When I do my video on the Xbow shooting I wanna do a slow motion shot of the difference in the string vibration before and after install of Bowjax. Im trying right now on how to do that with the video.

#14 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Not takin' anything away from Bow Jax but I just watched a video with Jim Burnworth - LimbSaver VS Bowjax - Head to Head Comparison with Jim Burnworth
- of course that's with a vertical compund, not the TRT. Maybe I'll just get a comparison setup - no harm in having a back-up system.

What's really scary is that I saw another "static" test using a gummi worm (candy).. if you're strapped for cash but your kids have some candy in the house, if it happens to be gummi worms, you have help... worst case is it falls off your bow, but then you have a piece of candy if you're hungry :lolu: :beerhat:

#15 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

ya I seen that video also like everything ..everyone has their own opinion. I got mine because I have used Limbsavers and wasnt impressed with them before and thats why I tried Bowjax and now Im a Bowjax guyPosted Image
I think the best thing is for you to try different systems and find out what works best for you .

The gummy worm is awesome but wouldnt last long not because of kids but because I would be eating them.

#16 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

ya I seen that video also like everything ..everyone has their own opinion. I got mine because I have used Limbsavers and wasnt impressed with them before and thats why I tried Bowjax and now Im a Bowjax guyPosted Image
I think the best thing is for you to try different systems and find out what works best for you .

The gummy worm is awesome but wouldnt last long not because of kids but because I would be eating them.

Hey Carl.. I just looked at the pic of your bow setup.. your bow looks a little diff than mine. My cable slide seems to be more visible.. I can't even see yours. Is yours a 2010? Mine's a 2011 - at least I just bought it this past summer so I'm guessing it's this year's. How often do you apply rail lube and string wax? I just bought the portbl bow press for the TRT off the store this morning so I'm going to hold off on the string silencers until that shows up. I was thinking of ordering the Ultrajax II's as well, but I think I'll hold off on those for the moment.

#17 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Terry what kinda Xbow you shooting? mine is a Carbon Express Covert CB 3.5 2010 model Just bought mine Brand New off Ebay about a month ago.I paid $500 with the string winch crank included.Im very happy with it so far super fast ,very accurate and it shoots very smooth .It is a big step up from my Barnett Penetrator I had last year.Only complaint I have is weight of it 9.2lbs but I guess I can live with that.

#18 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Terry what kinda Xbow you shooting? mine is a Carbon Express Covert CB 3.5 2010 model Just bought mine Brand New off Ebay about a month ago.I paid $500 with the string winch crank included.Im very happy with it so far super fast ,very accurate and it shoots very smooth .It is a big step up from my Barnett Penetrator I had last year.Only complaint I have is weight of it 9.2lbs but I guess I can live with that.

Horton TRT UL Exp, 6.5 lbs, 330FPS slammer!... guess that explains why your bow doesn't look like mine. DUH!! :rolleyes: :wacko:

#19 HDMann292

HDMann292

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee ,Wi.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Posted Image I guess thats why........have you knocked any thing down yet this season?

#20 TerryB

TerryB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Nothing as yet... only been out with it 3 times, rest with the PSE vertical. Saw a bunch of does & 1 4, no clear shot on anything. My son-in-law already has 3 on the ground - 2 does n and 8. Freezer's getting full - yay!! :sword:

New day( 12/15 ) - new troubles. Discovered a frayed cable about 2 weeks ago after a hunt. Less than 2 doz shots taken. Bow's in 3 pcs waiting for new cable, sting & cable guide from Horton C.S.- hope this works, less than a month left of the season. :cigar: :beerhat:

Edited by TerryB, 15 December 2011 - 02:48 PM.