View New Content Mark all as read |  

Horton Supermag

• Please log in to reply

#1 massomessi

massomessi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

I bought a used Horton Supermag a week ago. I wanted to take before pulling the spare parts if it breaks, because it was stalled for time.

here are some photos.
Posted Image

I need the codes of the items for the entire section on cables and cords.
I found something on the web (in particular horton st018 and horton st008???)but at the end of the cables are small balls of aluminum and not the anchor that I have circled in red.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Also if I change the cables must also change the cam? because they pass through but do not understand how did they mount.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I hope that the translation I made from Italian is readable, if not I apologize.

thanks to those who can help me

#2 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,784 posts
  • LocationLAWRENCEVILLE GA

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

I think there is a kit to upgrade the cable cam and string system for that model but Im not sure.You will have to call or email Horton.

#3 semperfi1970

semperfi1970

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Locationwestern ny

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

I almost forgott what My supermag looked like seing how my kid has had it for two years with no intent of giving it back. :startle:

Whatever you do with a string make sure it is polyester, the teardrops hurt real bad when they pop off. If I remember correctly I think I was shooting 18" arrows out of the supermag, she was a tac driver out to 60 yards using pins. I think I need to get my supermag back, naaa he will just want to use a different one to replace it. :devil:

#4 xbowguy

xbowguy

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • LocationN.E. Ohio

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

DAMN! Thats in great shape. Brings back some good memories. Back in the day when 240FPS was considered fast and a priority was placed on dependability.

Im not sure if today Horton Archery can help you out or not. I believe the only thing that they might be able to do is to replace the whole harness and convert you to split limbs seeing you have a bracketed bow. Pretty sure they will not be able to match the camo/paint either.

You are all of twenty years on those cables! To be safe they should be changed. In the day the change also required new wheels as the harness was laced through the wheels and is held in place with a set screw which traps the cable to the wheel. The week spot is at the set screw and or just where the cable exits the wheel and wraps around the wheel on either side.

If you can find a good old fashioned Archery Pro Shop they might be able to make you a new harness.

If you need any addtional info on your harness please PM me and I will be glad to see if I can help or try and walk you through how to do it providing you can get the cables.

Again, It looks to be in great shape!

Good Luck

#5 Buckeye_Bowhunter

Buckeye_Bowhunter

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

Call Horton Archery customer service. As long as your limbs are in good shape (no cracks, etc.) they can do a "short update" which consists of new wheels, cables, and a longer string to eliminate the tear drops. It's pretty cost effective too!

#6 massomessi

massomessi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

Thanks to all of the advice.
in fact is so well kept that seems to have been put into a time capsule.

I emailed every where and I'm waiting for answers, considering that the Christmas period will arrive in a few weeks.

If I get negative responses I'll be happy to accept your help xbowguy to find the upgrade kit.