View New Content Mark all as read |  

2012 "Tac Pac"

• Please log in to reply

#1 copperjohn

copperjohn

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

I am contemplating whether I'll get this tactical accessory for my phoenix. It looks attractive, but looks can be deceiving. Being mounted that far forward may make it uncomfortable to use. I can see it being used as a "unipod" when shooting from a bench or flat surface. A light could also be put on the lateral picatinny rail.

Edited by copperjohn, 28 December 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#2 mattador96

mattador96

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

I'll get at least one and probably 2

#3 whiterhino

whiterhino

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

I will order one as soon as they are available !

#4 MUSKRAT

MUSKRAT

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMICHIGAN

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Um......What is it? And how will I know it when I see it?

#5 copperjohn

copperjohn

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

It's on their website under accessories I believe. It's a three sided picatinny rail that mounts to the rail. A folding, tactical grip is also included in the package.

#6 mattador96

mattador96

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

I just got one for my Equinox...I like it

#7 whiterhino

whiterhino

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

I just got one for my Equinox...I like it

So I take it they are shipping the tac-pac now??

#8 Guest_hankenhunter_*

Guest_hankenhunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

I wish they would sell the rail seperately. I want to be able to put a flashlight on or a mount for a fishing rig.
If anyone gets a spare somehow, I would by it.
Hank

#9 Guest_vixenmaster_*

Guest_vixenmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hope anyone who buys it likes it. Personally i dislike all that weight out front on my Bow.

#10 copperjohn

copperjohn

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Here's my version of the tac pac. Only cost me $27 for the pic rail and grip. The grip is stationary, but its mighty comfortable.

Posted Image

Edited by copperjohn, 08 February 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#11 whiterhino

whiterhino

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Here's my version of the tac pac. Only cost me $27 for the pic rail and grip. The grip is stationary, but its mighty comfortable.

Posted Image

What did you wrap your stirrup with? And did you lose any speed with the string whiskers? Thanks

#12 copperjohn

copperjohn

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

I used some foam rubber and then tightly wrapped it with electrical tape. I dont have a chrony, so I dont know how much speed I lost. It shooting somewheres in the neighborhood of 285-290fps with a 400 gr arrow. Ive read others mention that the whiskers decrease speed by about 5 fps, not a bad tradeoff IMO. I havent noticed a remarkable difference in the loudness of the shot w/ the whiskers, but the duration of the vibrations is definately shortened.

Edited by copperjohn, 08 February 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#13 Guest_hankenhunter_*

Guest_hankenhunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

I used some foam rubber and then tightly wrapped it with electrical tape. I dont have a chrony, so I dont know how much speed I lost. It shooting somewheres in the neighborhood of 285-290fps with a 400 gr arrow. Ive read others mention that the whiskers decrease speed by about 5 fps, not a bad tradeoff IMO. I havent noticed a remarkable difference in the loudness of the shot w/ the whiskers, but the duration of the vibrations is definately shortened.

Did you have to drill the rail or did it fit the existing quiver bracket holes. What brand?
Thanks,
Hank

#14 copperjohn

copperjohn

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

The supplied screws didnt fit the existing quiver bracket holes so I had to get some that did. The brand was magpul and the pic rail was polymer.

#15 Guest_hankenhunter_*

Guest_hankenhunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

The supplied screws didnt fit the existing quiver bracket holes so I had to get some that did. The brand was magpul and the pic rail was polymer.

Thanks John!
Hank