View New Content Mark all as read |  

New York Crossbow Members

• Please log in to reply

#1 NY Crossbow Coalition

NY Crossbow Coalition

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

New York had it's first Crossbow hunting season last fall, the problem is we are limited to gun season only. We are working on changing the law to have crossbows classified as legal hunting implements for all seasons. We are looking for support of all New Yorker's that share this position. There is a new Facebook Page, New York Crossbow Coalition. Please check it out, we need to address this with numbers and support to make this happen.

Together we will make this happen, https://www.facebook...289931664402757

Thanks

#2 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,392 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Good luck with your quest!!

#3 setreng

setreng

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

x2-would like to see it happen-this would open up the door for more physically challenged people.

#4 sits in trees

sits in trees

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

i think full inclusion in NY is way past do..heck every state around us has it already, i will check out your facebook page right now. we need a way to organize. i can remember back in the early 90s when a couple of NY bowhunters wanted me to join their newly founded organization. seeing how they act today and what they are all about i'm glad i didnt...

#5 Hunter2

Hunter2

• Members
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

• Freedom to hunt, oh ya.

#6 rag742

rag742

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

As Rick has indicated, we need to address this in numbers. Please sign on to Facebook and show your support. Our time is now.

#7 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Facebook site looks great! Your doing a great job!!!

#8 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

New York had it's first Crossbow hunting season last fall, the problem is we are limited to gun season only. We are working on changing the law to have crossbows classified as legal hunting implements for all seasons. We are looking for support of all New Yorker's that share this position. There is a new Facebook Page, New York Crossbow Coalition. Please check it out, we need to address this with numbers and support to make this happen.

Together we will make this happen, https://www.facebook...289931664402757

Thanks

Rick..... Have you contacted the American Crossbow Federation ? I am sure they could supply you with some facts & information with regards to crossbow inclusion. Just a thought!

#9 NY Crossbow Coalition

NY Crossbow Coalition

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

I have not been in touch with American Crossbow Federation, I beleive Bill Hilts has contacted them. I have been in contact with North American Crossbow Federation and there are helping with statistics and information around the crossbow issues in other states.

Edited by Rick McDermott, 18 February 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#10 Tinlodge

Tinlodge

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

We need to address this in numbers. Please sign on to Facebook and show your support. Our time is now!

https://www.facebook...289931664402757

We are looking for support of all New Yorker's that share this position.
Thank You

#11 RICKD

RICKD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

I sent out E-mails to the NYDEC and our state legislators last year. I will do the same soon to remind them of the many drawbacks of hunting deer during shotgun season and how we are limited to deer and bear only.

Unfortunately, I don't have a face book account. (To many drawbacks)

I am willing to help in other ways.

#12 Tinlodge

Tinlodge

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Rick, welcome! We all need to follow your advise about writing and sending e-mails to the DEC and our Legislators. NYCC will be in Albany on March 20th. for the
3rd Annual Sportsman & Legislative Awareness Day
We certainly need the support from members like you

#13 Tinlodge

Tinlodge

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

We are offering a $20 annual membership which allows you to vote, have input in the organizations business, hold an office, and will receive all important correspondence by mail if no email is provided. We are also offering an Associate Membership at no charge which allows NYCC to count you on our membership rolls to show the support for crossbow use. Associate members may not vote, hold office and will only receive correspondence via email if available.

You can download the membership application at the link below or from the link at nycrossbowcoalition.com, fill out the application and mail it to the address on the application along with your payment if applicable.

http://nycrossbowcoa..._Membership.pdf
An online membership application with PayPal is also available
http://www.nycrossbo...rship/index.php

#14 xbow755

xbow755

• Members
  • 2,606 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hi Everyone,
I'd like to echo what Rick Dermit and Tinloge are saying above. It's time for us all to put our money where our mouth is and join the states only crossbow organization. This organization has been working at a break neck speed to meet with our legislators and get the word in the press and everywhere it counts to fight for our right of inclusion into the archery season. They are also having athe bill drafted that will eventually be supported by our legislators and signed into legislation to get the laws changed in our favor.

Collectively, we are finally making great headway in achieving our common goal, but it does take funding to organize and run an organization and perform these tasks. If you are genuinly interested in seeing the laws changed and having full archery inclusion rights by this fall, please take the time and effort to join the organization, since your memberships will help fund the efforts and also help to grow the New York Crossbow Collition into a club that will dwarf the NY Bowhunters Club that had opposed us for so many years.

I'm asking that every New Yorker join our membership while your dollars really count toward our joint success. I'm a recent full member and would love to have as many of my crossbow brothers onboard with me in the fight as possible. With your help, we know we're going to win our rights.

Hope to see you onboard soon.

Xbow755

#15 xbow755

xbow755

• Members
  • 2,606 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Below is some information to help make joining the New york Crossbow Coalition much easier.
We now have an online membership for sign-up.

10:10pm Mar 22
An online membership application with PayPal is also available
http://www.nycrossbo...rship/index.php
New York Crossbow Coalition Online Membership Application
www.nycrossbowcoalition.com

New York Crossbow Coalition Online Membership Application
www.nycrossbowcoalition.com

Conservation Alliance of New York works to secure hunting, fishing, trapping and other sustainable a...

#16 Guide Girl

Guide Girl

Obsessed Huntress

• Members
  • 5,641 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Welcome to the world New York Coalition! If you would like any help we can give, please let us know. Even if it is to just listen, we are here for you. We are the Texas Crossbow Hunters Club. We have already walked in your shoes on this journey, so anything you need we can assist with, please ask. Good luck! You can do it! Sometimes we take a step forward and two steps back, but those who are successful are the ones who get up, dust thier buts off and get back moving forward. Persistance and righteousness always wins.

www.texascrossbowhuntingclub@gmail.com

Edited by Guide Girl, 04 April 2012 - 03:22 PM.

• Chaotic likes this