View New Content Mark all as read |  

Ventilator review on Wardensblog

• Please log in to reply

#1 buck

buck

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

I have a new ventilator on order and came across this review, which I hope is not true. I do not know how to attatch a link but if you do a search for Scorpyd ventilator Wardensblog you will see what I'm talking about!

#2 agingcrossbower

agingcrossbower

advanced member

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • LocationEast Central Wi.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

Read the review and its the first negitive thing I have heard about the ventilator. :phew:

#3 bloodrunner

bloodrunner

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Maybe this guy owns a anti-vibration and noise dampening products company:)

#4 Buck_Slayer

Buck_Slayer

• Members
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationTroy, MO

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

http://wardensblog.com/?p=569

Seems suspicious to me. But we should all be able to form our own opinions soon!

#5 SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

I personnaly would not put a lot of faith in this write up from Wardensblog , do not own any of Jims scorpyds ,however have shot many and none were as he described.

#6 Spike Country

Spike Country

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Michigan

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

I wonder how this guy was able to write a review of a bow that is not in full production? He also stated there was nothing for noise suppression on the bow yet we all know there are string suppressors on it. :thumbsd: HHHMMMMMM????

#7 outdoorzaddict

outdoorzaddict

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

This review is almost like going to a fortune teller a whole lotta nothing correct. This guy actually needs to shoot one which sounds like he didnt. Are any of this mans reviews in the past remotely correct or does he have a history of fishing and trying to get a rise out of people.

#8 Buck_Slayer

Buck_Slayer

• Members
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationTroy, MO

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

This review is almost like going to a fortune teller a whole lotta nothing correct. This guy actually needs to shoot one which sounds like he didnt. Are any of this mans reviews in the past remotely correct or does he have a history of fishing and trying to get a rise out of people.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but....

Did you read his Telson review? He claims the Telson is also too loud. Now all crossbows are loud in comparison to a good vert bow, but the Telson is fairly widely known as one of the quietest crossbows on the market. So I'm not sure I trust his judgement on that.

But hey....nothin wrong with writing a review. I will most likely write one after I get several shots out of my Vent. Can't wait!!!

#9 obro

obro

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

All you have to is read some of his other reviews and you can tell he is not a crossbow enthusiast. I would not let his review weigh my purchase decision in any way shape or form.
  • Buck_Slayer likes this

#10 dryforkbrady

dryforkbrady

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

There are many of us that know much more than him.

Edited by dryforkbrady, 08 March 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#11 Redm2

Redm2

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationMICHIGAN

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm not sure this guy knows what he's talking about... He said the Telson has 130lbs. Barnesdale "split" limbs like the Ventilator. Last I checked, the Telson uses Gordon Glass and the Ventilator has solid limbs, not split. He also said the Telson had a vibration issue. I can say from experience that the Telson had little to no vibration.

#12 crappie-tom

crappie-tom

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Moon shot one at the ATA this year. If it had vibration or noise we would have already heard about it. The prototype must have been good enough for him to order one to put through the range.

I"d believe these comments over any other.
Scorpyd: The Ventilator. Narrower, lighter, and so much better built than all the copies. It shoots like all the rest of his line, its just easier to maneuver and better balanced. Lots of little details that add up. Titanium fasteners, Barnstable limbs, an overbuilt rail with a finger guard, more comfortable fore-stock with multiple hand positions, All in all Jim did a nice job on this one…IMO
c-t

#13 Johnie H

Johnie H

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

I have a new ventilator on order and came across this review, which I hope is not true. I do not know how to attatch a link but if you do a search for Scorpyd ventilator Wardensblog you will see what I'm talking about!

No big deal, but I was going to place an order in a few days, but after reading the article, I think I'll wait till a few more reviews come out.

#14 recurveman

recurveman

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

Johnie...thanks for waiting..I can get in line earlier. :thumbsu:

#15 Ventilator

Ventilator

• Members
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

I would bet he hasn't even seen one of these bows. Read some of his other reviews. :thumbsd:
Ventilator: Statements like "Currently there are two other manufacturers using this technology that have better products." :lol:

Telson: "It has 130 lb Barnsdale split limbs like the Ventilator and a bit less mass weight (about 9.4 lbs) than the SLP.", "This crossbow, like the other Scorpyd crossbows has an anti-dryfire system and a smooth trigger."

SLP: "The SLP (solid limb platform) crossbow is Scorpyd’s speed bow. With 165 lb Barnsdale limbs and reverse limb technology, a 400 grain arrow rockets out at about 425fps making this crossbow about the fastest on the market.", "If you’re the type of person that must have the “fastest bow on the block”, you’ll be happy with this bow, however, you’ll have to put up with the heavy mass weight and rough shooting feel."

WOW, what more can you say?

#16 Sagittarius

Sagittarius

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationIn a Tarpon boat.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

That review is a joke; it's obvious, the guy has an agenda ! :thumbsd:

#17 Johnie H

Johnie H

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

That review is a joke; it's obvious, the guy has an agenda ! :thumbsd:

As a follow-up; just went to Google and facebook to check out this guy Wardensblog. Would appear that he has more credibility then we do. What agenda? Read his other reviews. How many people who rave about the ventilator have actually shot one???

#18 bluecreek170

bluecreek170

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Johnie h im surprised your considering a ventilator anyway.Remember its the ugliest crossbow you ever seen.You went from saying its the ugliest crossbow ever to its has a finish like a fine swiss watch in one thread.your credibility is definitely suspect!

#19 Johnie H

Johnie H

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Johnie h im surprised your considering a ventilator anyway.Remember its the ugliest crossbow you ever seen.You went from saying its the ugliest crossbow ever to its has a finish like a fine swiss watch in one thread.your credibility is definitely suspect!

I still think the bow is ugly, but really think the materials and workmanship look top notch. Two different subjects. Maybe this Warden guy got hold of a pre production bow that was a dud.

#20 Redm2

Redm2

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationMICHIGAN

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

As a follow-up; just went to Google and facebook to check out this guy Wardensblog. Would appear that he has more credibility then we do. What agenda? Read his other reviews. How many people who rave about the ventilator have actually shot one???

This guy claims the Ventilator has split Limbs like the Telson... he said this in his Telson review. How do you find credibility with that?