• Please log in to reply

#1 sculpty

sculpty

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh yeah, now this looks pretty nice, yet another reverse limbed crossbow. They do some neat accessories too like a cool backpack

Check it out!!!

http://www.armcross....m/crossbows.php

#2 sculpty

sculpty

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

BTW, the camo one is my pick!

#3 woodmaster

woodmaster

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Whats the ticket on them ?

#4 sculpty

sculpty

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:04 AM

I am not sure at this stage... I'm trying to find out - will keep you posted!

#5 Odd Job

Odd Job

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

Looks interesting. Would be nice to see pics of it loaded (from the top). I'm trying to visualise how it gets the required tension in that configuration.

#6 Emmevi

Emmevi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

here you can find some more info & pics

in the lower link you will find a web bage with a movie of cocking

http://www.crossbow-.../IWA/IWA_P6.htm

http://www.crossbow-...ws_Armcross.htm

enjoy
Mirko

#7 Odd Job

Odd Job

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

Thanks Emmevi!

#8 dyeclan

dyeclan

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

Horton licensed the tech from Armcross in its reCon and Vision. I have the former, and can attest to it's compactness, accuracy, and relative quietness. I can't speak for Leopro's workmanship or anything, only Horton, but my reCon is a work of machining art.

#9 marin

marin

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

thank you, mirko.

#10 sculpty

sculpty

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

I was recently talking to a certain someone with lots of knowledge on this site... he mentioned that he heard that the leo pro may have had some design flaws in build quality, giving way to breakages.

#11 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

on the reverse limb concept...............I think:p

#12 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,697 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

on the reverse limb concept...............I think:p

He says he does and he has not licensed it to anyone.

#13 sculpty

sculpty

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Strange isn't it

#14 sculpty

sculpty

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

OK, just got a price for the Leo Pro... it retails 1400 EUR approx US$1800 or for me a whopping AU$2800 - eek!!!

Those Russians must of got conned by their German manufacturers to need to charge so much.

#15 OLDFLYER

OLDFLYER

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

I found his patent on another forum. Here it is.

http://patft.uspto.g...pf)&RS=IN/kempf

#16 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

Horton and Russian version. If they are successful, he will pounce on them I guess:p If they are not.........................:P

#17 RoadWrench

RoadWrench

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

Patent's are a US thing, they mean nothing anyplace but here.

#18 xbowguy

xbowguy

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • LocationN.E. Ohio

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

Nothing to get ready for. I have been through the whole thing as the designer of the Horton Recon. Itís all in the claims. Just because someone has a patent and something may be similar doesnít me there is an infringement. Most of the time all a patent does is draw a line in the sand. The bloody battle and HUGE legal fees that follow typically like most disputes are fueled by ego and personal feeling.

Donít jump to conclusions yet.

I did find the ArmCross a little clunky. It is over built in some areas and under built in others.

The reverse draw concept really belongs to Leonard DiVinci. Letís give credit where credit is due. Look at he attached picture. The drawing hanging on the wall with the engineered concept belongs to DiVinci. So there are bows and crossbows then Allen invents the compound bow. One would have to assume that putting a compound bow on an established and documented concept is normal progression would they? In other words if I had invented the wheel and used it on a wheel barrel and then you put it on a cart should you get a patent for putting wheels on a cart?

Todayís US Patent office sucks and passes patents out like water. They just donít do their job and leave all the issues to courts that have no idea what they are talking about. We really need a professional patent court which is run and ruled by judges that really understand patent law. In countries like the UK when you bring suit against someone youíre responsible for damages and court cost and the other party's legal fees if you lose. Here in America right or wrong the guy with the deeper pockets usually wins as he can bankrupt the small guy in legal fees well before a court and jury ever get to hear the case. Want to fight or protect your patent? Show up with at least 100 grand. At the end of the day how do you ever recover that? That is money that could have been spent of marketing or development. It is a tough road.

Posted Image

#19 Guide Girl

Guide Girl

Obsessed Huntress

• Members
  • 5,624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

Patent's are a US thing, they mean nothing anyplace but here.

No, you can pay extra for an international patent. I've been through the patent process and it wasn't as easy as xbow guy says for me. I wish! I had to have a patent search done, then describe how mine was a different so I wasn't encroaching on anothers patent. Had to submit drawings, legal descriptions with even the most minute details and such as well, so mine could be defended in the future with all details. Costly though to go through the process ( paying all the various lawyers) and didn't quite get any return so far. I didn't do the international patent and one company that is BIG is off shore so sweating that one! That means, they can manufacter and sell my product and design in any country other than the USA. Mine is a Utility patent, not a design patent which is a stronger patent. Design patents are easier to get around if that helps you understand, and don't cost as much.

Edited by Guide Girl, 18 December 2009 - 03:50 PM.

#20 Boo

Boo

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

The reverse draw concept really belongs to Leonard DiVinci.

But he didn't patent it in the US nor do I believe he will file a suit based on his prior art! LOL!