Best Broadheads for Predator

• Please log in to reply

#1 Kudu

Kudu

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Just got my new Predator. Will go hunting next weekend and need to get a set of broadheads. I was just wondering what will be the best broadheads for the predator. Any advice??

#2 HogBane

HogBane

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

I use the Excalibur "Bolt cutter" or the "Slick Trick" is about the same. Get the 150 grain so that your FOC % will be good. They don't have a real big cut radius but that's not as important as penetration and accuracy.These to types of broadheads have these important characteristics. The trad off on big blades is accuracy. Good shot placement is what counts.

Edited by HogBane, 21 April 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#3 briarpatch

briarpatch

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

You should be shooting the same weight broadhead as your crossbow has been sighted in with, unless you want to take the time and sight it in again. You should also practice with the broadhead you will be hunting with, and a week may not be enough time to do so. If I were shooting a fixed blade, I'd go with Slick Tricks. Based on what I've read, they have very good flight characteristics and are very durable. For mechanicals, my signature line tells you what I use.

#4 georgiaboy

georgiaboy

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Fixed blade...slick tricks
Mechanical...spitfires/grim reapers

#5 countryby25

countryby25

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

My vote is for the Ramcat fly very well & hit hard I haven't personnally tried them yet, I just got my first crossbow a few weeks ago. i have how ever researched them quite a bit by through reading n vidoes, which is how I came to choose them. I'll be ordering them in a couple weeks & well probably be testing them out on coyotes first.

#6 countryby25

countryby25

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

• Jeremie91 likes this

#7 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationLAWRENCEVILLE GA

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Ive tried muzzy fixed blades rage,grim reapers and schwackers. I like all three mechanicles.The grim reapers have a cheap practice head imo.I cant find a pracetice head for the schwackers.The rage seams to fly just like my field points out of 2 different bows and has a durable practice head.The grim reapers dont want to close all the way after a shot or 2 without replacing parts or using bands. The schwacker blades slam into my inserts leaving dents in them when they open. All three are not the xbow models.They all stay closed in flight out of my Quad 400 345fps except the grim reapers but only after they have been shot once when the blades wont close all the way. The muzzy 3 blades in 100 and 125 are ok but each one seams to fly a little diferent even using the same arrow.They will all do the job with a good shot. I like the rage the best because of the practice head and the field point accuracy. I have read some people saying they did not get good penetration with the rage heads but I have got pass throughs out of my summit 150 260fps with great blood trails.

#8 speedball

speedball

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

slick tricks are a great fixed head choice, for my personal set-up on my predator im using FOC by New Archery Products, should be a nasty combo :devil:

#9 Kudu

Kudu

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for the advice guys!!