• Please log in to reply

#1 Buck_Slayer

Buck_Slayer

• Members
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationTroy, MO

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hello,

I wear hunting bibs while in the field. Just have always preferred bibs over standard pants. Anyways it looks to me like the Lo-Ready sling requires a belt. Is this accurate?

Is there anyways it could be used with hunting bibs or possibly some coveralls?

I'm also curious if CAMX recommends using the Lo-Ready sling while in a tree stand? It seems slightly unsafe to me. I don't think I would want the crossbow attached to me with the sharp broadhead on the end if I fall out of the stand (with a safety harness of course). I think I would want to be able to let go of the bow and let it fall.

Just curious what the manufacturer recommendation is. Thanks!

Very innovative design BTW! :clapping:
  • Joe171 ( DR FRANKENBOW ) likes this

#2 CAMX

CAMX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationKent, Ohio

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Buck

YUP you need a belt. Be it the belt you wear on your pants or your safety belt. When it gets cold I also turn to bibs but usually always have a belt on my pants under the bibs. You can wear the sling under your bibs and let the tail that attaches to the crossbow easily come out of you jacket. The padded shoulder strap and belt attachment points do not need to be exposed or the last layer.

I have no plans to fall from my stand. That is why I wear a safety belt. YES I do have it attached to me while on stand and when stalking. In the tree is where it performs. Once adjusted, you can easily sit and stand up and the crossbow moves with you. Your hands are free to glass or call. You can even play video games on the iphone and never have to reach for your crossbow.

I can and understand you concern. Your crossbow will hang at whatever level or position you adjust it to. It’s very easy to grab and maintain positive control of the crossbow. For the broadhead to even be an issue the crossbow would have to get turned totally over because your broadhead is shielded by the cocking stirrup.

Anything is possible but we hunt with them attached while in the stand.

NEVER hunt from a tree stand without some sort of safety or fall system in place. NEVER!
  • Buck_Slayer likes this

#3 Buck_Slayer

Buck_Slayer

• Members
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationTroy, MO

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks CAMX. Great idea putting it under bibs.

I have no plans falling out of a tree either. I personally witnessed a friend do this while hanging a tree stand. It was not fun.

#4 Johny D

Johny D

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

I love the idea of having the crossbow attached to me. Like you said the footsturip will hit you before the broadhead if you fall. which I drop stuff from my tree stand more than I fall. nock on wood! Ive never fallen. But i drop stuff sometimes. and when I hear a deer coming i stand up get my range finder and my bow. The low ready sling is one of the main reasons I purchased a camx. to me it just makes sense.I want to be able to range my target then raise my weapon without any extra movement.