Revolution AVI

• Please log in to reply

#1 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationYardley, Bucks County Pennsylvania

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

Still looking for my first Crossbow, I was looking at the Barnett Revolution AVI for 360 new. I like the Invader hp from TP, but its about 470, I dont want to get a real expensive xb, if anyone has an opinion on the Revo, I would greatly apprieciate it.

Thanks
Lou

#2 rander3141

rander3141

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndian Mound Tn, 37079

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

I have the older Revolution, not the AVI. It's been a great bow, fast and dependable. The feature I like the most is the breakdown latch. When I hunt a place that requires a cased crossbow I just remove the bow from the riser and its legal and takes up a lot less room in the Jeep.I don't think Barnett is making them in 2012 tho, didn't see them on their website.

#3 countryby25

countryby25

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Again Bucks I would look @ the Barnett Jackal for $265 w/ shipping on ebay that way you can get all the extra goodies too, it also has more then enough kentic energy to harvest a deer or even an elk. Have you looked @ it and read the reviews on it, but anyways not trying to presaude you in anyway. Truely the best thing to do is if you can, is to shoot as many bows as you can @ your local arrchery shop/s. Good luck in your search and just remember regaurdless of what anybody says on here including me get what ever feels rtight because, we're not the one that
s gonna be shooting it all the time
  • X-bowBucksCo likes this

#4 Hunter2

Hunter2

• Members
  • 3,871 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

I had a Rev AVI and it was very fast accurate and a good bow for the price.

#5 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

Again Bucks I would look @ the Barnett Jackal for $265 w/ shipping on ebay that way you can get all the extra goodies too, it also has more then enough kentic energy to harvest a deer or even an elk. Have you looked @ it and read the reviews on it, but anyways not trying to presaude you in anyway. Truely the best thing to do is if you can, is to shoot as many bows as you can @ your local arrchery shop/s. Good luck in your search and just remember regaurdless of what anybody says on here including me get what ever feels rtight because, we're not the one that

The Jackal looks awesome, I might go with that, what would you suggest I upgrade? Scope/bolts? if So what Scope you suggest.

#6 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Do you think the Wildcat C5 for 30.00 more is a better option?

#7 SFA Member

SFA Member

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hi
To answer your question, Yes I think the Wildcat C5 is the better option.
My first crossbow was a Jackal but later I got a Wildcat C5 to use at the archery club
for target use.
As I fire a lot of arrows every week I found the Wildcat C5 to be very accurate and reliable.
My advice to you is to give them both a try at the shop and it will make the decision easier.
Good luck good shooting.

Graham

#8 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Have a couple questions, Im getting a Revolution on CL for 180, the person told me he sent it to Barnett and they replaced trigger and limbs, he also said there are rubber covers on the limbs, does anyone know anything about this? Thanks

Also is ther a Revolution and Revolution AVI, or they just all AVis

Lou

Attached Images

• xbow.jpg
  • xb2.jpg
  • xb3.jpg

#9 countryby25

countryby25

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

I don't know anything about the revolution but, something ya might wanna think about is it's already had to have work done on it, plus if the person just got it back from Barnett why are they selling it. Another thing is are the limbs and trigger gonna be a continuel probelm. If I buy a crossbow over the internet I make sure it's from a dealer & atleast comes w/ the factory warranty & also a 14 day or more return policy. I'm not saying all peole are crooks but, a warranty and a written return policy mean alot to me. I hope it all works out for you & don't have any probelms.
  • X-bowBucksCo likes this

#10 rander3141

rander3141

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Sounds like an AVI. Mine is older and has plain limbs. It is a great bow and has been shot thousands of times. I had a cracked limb pocket from a dry fire with a fiberglass decocking that split down the middle when I fired it. It was well out of warranty but Barnett put a whole front end on it for 75 bucks and the bow is like new. If the bow your looking at has if fact been back to Barnett and they repaired it, it should be as good as new and I wouldn't be afraid to purchase it

#11 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Sounds like an AVI. Mine is older and has plain limbs. It is a great bow and has been shot thousands of times. I had a cracked limb pocket from a dry fire with a fiberglass decocking that split down the middle when I fired it. It was well out of warranty but Barnett put a whole front end on it for 75 bucks and the bow is like new. If the bow your looking at has if fact been back to Barnett and they repaired it, it should be as good as new and I wouldn't be afraid to purchase it

Thanks, I wasnt going to buy it, but now I might reconsider, I was planning on 400 for a bow, but now I can buy Bots targets and camo

#12 rander3141

rander3141

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

I shot plenty of deer with mine and I really love the takedown feature. Instead of casing it I just remove the bow from the riser. Takes up a lot less room. On my older model the trigger wasn't that great, has a long take up and hard pull but I got used to it. Triggers on the newer
Barnett bows are considerably better

#13 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

The guy is selling them because he purchased 2 new parkers

#14 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Fianlly got my XB, my Rev AVI, the XB is 4 years old, he sent it in for repair and they replaced the Trigger (Metal) and Put on the AVI as prior they didt have it on them, I shot this for the first time at 20 yard, and BAM hit exactly what I was aiming for. (I was Free Standing) It comes with the Barnet 4x32 multi retical scope. He also bought a Parker Challenger and took the scope (4x32 multi retical) off and gave it to me for free, also 6 arrows and and cocking string. All for 180.00.

He said I should put a 1.5x scope on it, because the 4x at 20-30 yards whould see too much of the deer, is this the case. any suggestinons on a better scope. Oh the Stock is adjustable and the chin rest is also adjustable.

The only thing I have to find is a manual and figure out how to remove the front because he said it has a feature that you can break it down so you can put in in a NON XB case.

Thanks
Lou

#15 rander3141

rander3141

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

The 4x scope is fine at 20 yards, the takedown feature has a small latch that you push down to release the stirrup hooks from the two stationary pins in the riser. You can then pull the bow from the riser. Make sure you have the cables in the proper slot when you put it back together. Enjoy you bow

#16 X-bowBucksCo

X-bowBucksCo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

The 4x scope is fine at 20 yards, the takedown feature has a small latch that you push down to release the stirrup hooks from the two stationary pins in the riser. You can then pull the bow from the riser. Make sure you have the cables in the proper slot when you put it back together. Enjoy you bow

THANKS
Lou