View New Content Mark all as read |  

Stryker Problem

• Please log in to reply

#1 deerfarmer

deerfarmer

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Was shooting my full size stryker yesterday and had a string give way. It doesn't appear to have hurt the limbs but it chipped one of the cams where the string rides. I emailed David at wyverncreation and he said he didn't believe bowtech had any cams. So here I am with a 5 year old 1500.00 crossbow that I can't get parts for. Looking for suggestions on how to get this crossbow back in working condition.

#2 buckeyeoutfitter

buckeyeoutfitter

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

that really sucks.... sorry to hear that i had problems with mine also. the chain broke the 1st time the second it blew up.. glag u didnt get hurt

#3 GRIM

GRIM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Can you see if it possible to use more current cams, essentially upgrading the bow.

GRIM

#4 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

I don't believe Bowtech supports this bow any longer! Bowtech moves on from older bows that leaves the customer in a bad position if one of these bows fail. Good luck!!

#5 PaTurkeyHntr

PaTurkeyHntr

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

I thought Stryker bows came with a lifetime warranty? Not much of a warranty if you can't get parts for the bow...

#6 deerfarmer

deerfarmer

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

I bought the bow second hand so I don't know about the warranty. I did talk to someone at bow tech yesterday and he told me he would look around and see if he could find a cam off another returned crossbow. I would hope that bowtech would want to make this right. To me it reasonable to believe any company would have stock on replacement parts for longer than 5 years. the full size stryker is a kick ass crossbow and I really hope I can find a cam somewhere.

#7 capitalasports

capitalasports

• Banned
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

I don't believe Bowtech supports this bow any longer! Bowtech moves on from older bows that leaves the customer in a bad position if one of these bows fail. Good luck!!

Tim.....tim tim tim tim.......

#8 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Tim.....tim tim tim tim.......

I guess the truth hurts? If David at wyverncreation cannot help this fellow who can? If you can please supply this fellow member with exactly how he should go about getting his $1500 Bowtech repaired under warranty!! Not picking on your bow of desire just stating the ugly truth! Don't shoot the messenger......

Edited by Tim50, 09 October 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#9 szone380

szone380

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Sorry to here it Tim.

#10 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Sorry to here it Tim.

szone380....I no longer own a Bowtech. I was hoping Capitalsports could work some magic and get a fellow members bow fixed! It appears that eventhough Dave @ Wavern Creations states this bow is no longer supported Cappy fells the need to single me out & not one of the largest crossbow dealers in America who originally made the statement! Kinda like an internet stalker! :ph34r:

#11 capitalasports

capitalasports

• Banned
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

timmy david isnt bashing bowtech ......he sells the heck out of them......you are as always

#12 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Was shooting my full size stryker yesterday and had a string give way. It doesn't appear to have hurt the limbs but it chipped one of the cams where the string rides. I emailed David at wyverncreation and he said he didn't believe bowtech had any cams. So here I am with a 5 year old 1500.00 crossbow that I can't get parts for. Looking for suggestions on how to get this crossbow back in working condition.

Sorry you missed this Cappy! Just calling a spade a spade! Sometimes the truth hurts no mater WHO sez it!!

Edited by Tim50, 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#13 capitalasports

capitalasports

• Banned
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

um tim.....what spade are you finding? I am not sure if the bow is original owner or not....but if he is bowtech will take care of him if it wasnt a user error issue.....deer I am not in anyway saying it is your fault. that is not my determination to make......but if it is used no compnay would support it either unfortunetly ......well I think camx may now....

#14 tasher

tasher

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

I have a Stryker Crossbow full size over $1,200.00 lost !!!  I shot my Stryker to unload the Bolt and BANG!!! the CAM bent releasing the string and my bow is CRAP!!!! Called BowTech had to send the crossbow into them and waiting for their Anwser. Was told they Do Not Make the Cams anymore??? Interesting?? They have the machinery or did ?? They made the cams in house. And all I need is ONE (1) Holding the crossbow - Left side. They did say if I send Them $350.00 dollars they can get me a new one???? All I want is they replace the CAM or Give me one for Equal or my money back.??? Limbs Are Not Dammaged at all,  No chips or digs.

After Reading everyones posts Iam not the only one who can use a CAM.

#15 shadowpdog

shadowpdog

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

I know this wil not be of much hellp but I do know of a dealer on the Eastern Shore of Maryland who still has an original Stryker Crossbow in stock. If anyone is interested I could get his phone number.

#16 daemonxr

daemonxr

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

350 USD for custom CNC-ed cam (which is not at sale anymore) is not big price for such a xbow if u want it badly to be operational :) It wouldnt be big for me though :) its not machinery which matter. it is CAM management software loading and machinery calibration which matter :)

cheers

Edited by daemonxr, 15 August 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#17 Excalibur

Excalibur

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

all the reason to have an Excalibur....even though I have a couple of crossbows with cams