View New Content Mark all as read |  

Horton Legend II 175

• Please log in to reply

#1 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

I have seen these x-bows online selling for under 300.00. that seems pretty cheap for a package of x-bow, lighted scope, quiver, and arrows. the only other thing is its all black.
anyone have one?

#2 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts
  • LocationLAWRENCEVILLE GA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I bought a Legend hd pro 175 at Dicks sporting goods online.Dp2 limbs that have the lifetime warranty it came with a 2x40 3dot scope for $299 free shipping.I had a $20 coupon got it all for less than $300.Its a great shooting bow and has a nice camo finish.They had the one you are talking about for $279 but it does not have the Dp2 limbs or the camo but has a better scope.I think both are great deals on good bows.everything I have heard about the Legend hd 175 has been good.I will say mine is a little heavy though.Built like a tank.
  • Echo likes this

#3 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Stalker, I just sold a Legend HD 175 that I had for about 6 years and it was built like a tank. I never thought I would sell it, it was a good xbow. my grandson decided he wanted to hunt this year and was disappointed I had sold it. I seen this xbow on Ebay for 248.00 / free shipping so I bought it for him. I hope its a good xbow and a just little lighter than the HD models. I'll probably sell the lighted scope cause he likes a dot scope that I have.

Edited by tracker1, 20 September 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#4 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Sounds like a great deal.If there are any problems with it Im sure Horton will take care of you.Good luck on getting your grandson his first deer he will never forget it.

#5 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

did one horton feel heavier than the other?

#6 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

I dont know.I bought it online.The Legend hd pro has a 1 inch longer power stroke and the Dp2 limbs which I would think would be heavier than the regular Legend hd 175 that had the regular limbs.

#7 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I seen the Pro model for 15.00 more so I bought it also. I'll check them out, keep one and put the other on Craigs list. both are in black only. one thing about the Pro model is the added power stroke. my old Legend wasn't a Pro model model and I clocked my 425grn arrow at 278fps, so this one should be closer to 300+fps. I'll post after Iget them.

#8 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yes let me know what the pro model shoots.The add that dicks had said both Hd models shoot 305 fps so who knows.The pro model had the dp2 limbs.Does the one you bought have the dp2 limbs or did it say.The dp2 limbs have no bolt by the fork where the cams go.From the pictures Ive seen the other model has bolts by the fork.The manual that came with mine didn't have my bow in it.I called Horton and they dont have them any more.The rep did tell me that I had the dp2 limbs and they have a lifetime warranty.The other type of limbs are called camo tuff and have a 3 year warranty I believe.I have no way to check the speed of my bow so it would be great if you let me know.Just send me a pm.Thanks

#9 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

the Pro has the Dp2 limbs and Talon trigger. the Legend II has the Camo Tuff limbs and steel trigger. I have been buying Hortons for years and the speeds are often less than posted useing their aluminum arrow with a 100grn head. two Hortons that were posted speeds was a 200lb Hunter Express at 308fps and the Realtree Ultra Lite [330fps] that I bought last year was 338fps.

#10 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

The Legend ll must be a lot older not having the talon trigger. Thats been out for a long time.Yes I am aware of speeds not being as advertised. Thats why I am so curious as to what the Legend pro speed will be.Keep me posted

#11 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

the Legend II was made this year as per add and a call to Horton. I just clocked the Pro and with the arrows that came with it it ran 290fps.

#12 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Thanks Tracker 1 thats about what I figured it would be.What do the arrows weigh ? Mine weigh around 418

#13 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

I didn't weigh the arrow that came with the bow but my regular aluminums were the same speed and weigh 425grn.

Edited by tracker1, 24 September 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#14 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I didn't weigh the arrow that came with the bow but my regular aluminums were the same speed and weigh 125grn.

Is the pro faster than the Legend ll as we suspected or are they about the same? Which one are you going to keep? 125 grn thats the lightest arrow Ive ever heard of with that weight it should be going at least 500fps LOL.

Edited by Stalker, 24 September 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#15 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Is the pro faster than the Legend ll as we suspected or are they about the same? Which one are you going to keep? 125 grn thats the lightest arrow Ive ever heard of with that weight it should be going at least 500fps LOL.

I corrected that post, it was suppost to be 425grn.
I haven't got the Legend II yet, it should be here Weds, but I'm keeping the Pro. unless the Legend II impresses me or a better fit for one of my grandsons I'll sell that one. selling my first Legend was a mistake, I really liked that xbow. this one is new and the added 15fps does make a difference. I really like the Legend stock and this one seems a little lighter than my last one. and yes these things are buit like a tank.

#16 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

I actually have 2 I got one for my daughter to use she is about five foot three and we took the stock extension off so she can cock it easier.I took the extra piece and added it to mine using longer screws.It makes it fit me perfect.I am not a big guy but the added 1inch makes it a lot more comfortable to shoot. Good luck to you and your grandson this season. I would still like to hear your opinion on the Legend ll when you get it and how fast it shoots if you get the chance.Thanks again.

P.S.I knew you meant 425 LOL.

Edited by Stalker, 24 September 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#17 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

well UPS brought my Legend II today and its like my Legend Pro but seems a little shorter and a little lighter in the front. I put the bow on and the string is about a quarter inch off the deck. I called Horton then took it in to them [they are 15min away]. they told me they would work on it tomorrow and it should be done Fri. they looked mighty busy and had a whole lot of workers there. I really don't know what they can do with it unless the riser was not in spec.
everyone there was so nice and helpful, even as busy as they were. I have been dealing with them for somewhere around 30 years and well past 25 xbows. they have always had the best CS, although it helps to be local. I know how many xbows they make so I don't sweat it if I get one out of spec, this has been the first for me though. with my experieces with Horton over the years I never worry if I have an issue whether my fault or theirs [plus I always have a couple for back up].

#18 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

well UPS brought my Legend II today and its like my Legend Pro but seems a little shorter and a little lighter in the front. I put the bow on and the string is about a quarter inch off the deck. I called Horton then took it in to them [they are 15min away]. they told me they would work on it tomorrow and it should be done Fri. they looked mighty busy and had a whole lot of workers there. I really don't know what they can do with it unless the riser was not in spec.
everyone there was so nice and helpful, even as busy as they were. I have been dealing with them for somewhere around 30 years and well past 25 xbows. they have always had the best CS, although it helps to be local. I know how many xbows they make so I don't sweat it if I get one out of spec, this has been the first for me though. with my experieces with Horton over the years I never worry if I have an issue whether my fault or theirs [plus I always have a couple for back up].

One of my Legend Pro's was the same way when I got it.I had to send it in and asked if I could trade the 3dot for a 4x32 they fixed the problem and upgraded the scope for free.From what I could tell from the parts list it must have been the cams.The $15 shipping fee was well worth the scope upgrade. Great CS. keep us posted on how it does when you get it back.

#19 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

got a call this morning and picked the bow up. they didn't really tell me what the problem was but no parts were listed. they did say and list tightening of some bolts but wasn't clear about it when I asked.

#20 Stalker

Stalker

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

Did you get a chance to shoot it? and compare to the pro?