Probably crashed when being tranlated from Chinese to English . :D LOL

#3 Hoss

Hoss

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

All,
We are updating. It should be back up in a couple of days or so. I do not work with our web people so that is all I know.

DaGriz,
What crossbows do you own?

Hoss

#4 Big-Bird-VA

Big-Bird-VA

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:46 AM

Well might as let it out. Someone on another forum pm'd me a week ago about Horton xbows and what I thought of them? Said he had an offer to buy them and they were in some trouble. Now this is all hearsay but from a good source and person who has always told the truth in the past. I hope I'm not eating my post on this one. That's why I kept quiet on it.

The domain name has not expired and it's owned by Horton. Unless they didn't pay their hosting service and they took it down it's not looking too good right now. Hosting isn't that much $$$$ so......... makes you wonder a little! :D

#5 Big-Bird-VA

Big-Bird-VA

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

All,
We are updating. It should be back up in a couple of days or so. I do not work with our web people so that is all I know.

DaGriz,

Hoss

Sure is a strange under construction page you have there. :D

#6 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

be nice:) My first Horton will be the V 175. Can't wait to play with that neat little crossbow. As long as it meets Horton's quality specs and they stand behind it, I'm ok with it.

#7 Guide Girl

Guide Girl

Obsessed Huntress

• Members
  • 5,633 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

Good answer Moon. I see everyone complains because the page isn't up to date, then complain when it's being updated. Hmmm? Then I see folks who don't even use a Horton bow putting their ugly two cents in all the time. Why is that?
As a business owner myself, I think I'd be more than happy to not have whiners or instigators as customers and have to deal with them all the time. I'd be trying to delete them by finishing my business with them and move on to good folks who understand what it's like to be a business owner as well as a consumer, and all "the wildfires" that are unnecessarily started up. That's what us secretaries call this-wildfires. We play fireman alot some days. Doesn't matter the business. It is part of the business world. It just causes undue stress, especially when invoked by non product owners. Kinda like the vertical bow clubs do to the crossbow world anyway. They don't own one, never shot one, but have to put their two cents in. Why is that?

I personally have no worries about Horton backing their product lines. That's one of the reasons I use them. I have confidence in the product and the company, unlike some of the others who haven't been in the business anywhere near as many years. Personally, I'm not thrilled about the China thing, but I hear it will be overseen closely by Horton folks, so that makes me feel comfortable about that decision, which as a consumer only and not a business owner isn't mine to have to make. My only decision is does this product fit my needs and perform like I want. Kinda like "American made" Chevy assembling their vehicles in Mexico to keep cost down. Difference is, they didn't announce that openly. Lots of "American made" companies do that.

It's either do this or jack the price of the product up and make it not as affordable for several potential crossbow shooters. Now a days, you do what you have to do to stay in the game, be viable, and to recruite new hunters by making the product lines affordable to the average income household. Which is me. Average household income. Quality vs. Quantity and what fits your wallet. Horton has always done that for what, 50 years now?
By the way, where do all the crossbow scopes come from? Arrows?

#8 Big-Bird-VA

Big-Bird-VA

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

By the way, where do all the crossbow scopes come from? Arrows?

Too bad our bail-out checks can't come from there too. :D

#9 Guide Girl

Guide Girl

Obsessed Huntress

• Members
  • 5,633 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

Too bad our bail-out checks can't come from there too. :D

LOL. I'm still waiting for my check from Obama being elected. Where's my check? I'm tired of working for a living.
Anyway, I hear the USA borrowed money from them & other countries to help the stimulus here. Real mixed feelings & thoughts about that. Oh well. I guess I'll just sit back and watch this global show.

#10 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

:):D

#11 DaGriz

DaGriz

Banned

• Banned
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:40 AM

DaGriz,

Hoss

Hoss

I own 3 Hortons that WERE made in the USA, 3 Ten Points, 1 Bowtech and an Old Barnett Commando!!!!!

NO CHINESE MADE CROSSBOWS!!

I had really believed that Horton (of all CB Manufacturers) would not go off shore but I guess money is king. Just take more jobs away from US People! What a crock of shiete!

#12 dyeclan

dyeclan

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:13 AM

be nice:) My first Horton will be the V 175. Can't wait to play with that neat little crossbow. As long as it meets Horton's quality specs and they stand behind it, I'm ok with it.

If it's like my recon, which it should be, you're gonna love it! :D

#13 Hoss

Hoss

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hoss

I own 3 Hortons that WERE made in the USA, 3 Ten Points, 1 Bowtech and an Old Barnett Commando!!!!!

NO CHINESE MADE CROSSBOWS!!

I had really believed that Horton (of all CB Manufacturers) would not go off shore but I guess money is king. Just take more jobs away from US People! What a crock of shiete!

Griz,
The crossbows may be assembled in the USA, but were did the parts come from? This question is for your non Horton crossbows.
The U.S. customer has not seen a Chineese assembled Horton crossbow yet. Not sure which models will be Assembled in China yet. We need to wait and see.
I can not disagree with your second statement, nor will I try to.

Hoss

#14 Sparhawk

Sparhawk

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

Griz,
The crossbows may be assembled in the USA, but were did the parts come from? This question is for your non Horton crossbows.
The U.S. customer has not seen a Chineese assembled Horton crossbow yet. Not sure which models will be Assembled in China yet. We need to wait and see.
I can not disagree with your second statement, nor will I try to.

Hoss

Darton and Ten Point are both domestic. I'm still researching Parker but have yet to find any data that indicates components manufactured by our political enemies. Im disappointed to learn this fact about Horton, <> Maybe we all better learn Chinese.

Edited by Sparhawk, 25 February 2009 - 02:08 PM.
A tad nasty

#15 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

Chinese....? Hah....

How about Spanish
How bout Japanese
How bout Taiwanese
How bout Itallian
How bout German
How about......................?

As I stated before...while I don't particullarly like it either...even many GoodYear and Firestone tires are not made here any longer...!

Your Chevy Ford and Chrysler vehicles...have offshore parts in them.
Harleys...................have offshore parts in them.
And just how many complaining own offshore vehicles...any three or four wheelers out there...???

I think we're stuck with paper towels and toilet paper.

Mike

#16 Sparhawk

Sparhawk

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

Mike,

I agree with what you're saying but add that your post is symptomatic of what's wrong with America right now. We are selling... correction... have sold our manufacturing base overseas.. especially to China, Taiwan and other nations that pay substandard wages.

I agree it is cheaper for companies to do so but these savings are not passed along to the consumer, they fatten up the executive bottom line. Look at all the recalls on Chinese manufactured goods recently ranging from toothepast to children's toys. I don't beleive that crossbows manufactured in China will have the same quality as a domestically produced product.

Excessive Union demands have driven out the manufacturing base and weakened our economy. Even now, when GM teeters on the brink of oblivion the labor unions refuse to make any real concessions and management continues to piss through capital like a drunken sailor on shore leave. Both sides are are greedy and corrupt and equally at fault.

My point is that knowing this, companies still decide to send their manufacturing process overseas despite what's occuring domesitically. I guess what is missing is a sense of patriotism and loyalty to the american worker. There has to be a middle ground where Domeistic manufacturing can provide a worker a decent wage and reduce the motivation for setting up shop overseas. I'd like to see higher tariffs on imported products (as other countries do to our goods) and corporate tax breaks and incentives for companies that establish a manufacturing base domestically.

Horton's actions are indicative to other companies bottom line mentality (My opinion). I acknowledge that not too much is made in America anymore and that's sad. Only by the consumer demanding American goods from companies that employ American workers can change occur. By simply accepting the status quo will ensure that NOTHING is ever made in America ever again. My tax refund just came in today and I'll be purchasing a Parker Tornado or a Ten Point GT Curve with a portion of it. Does this mean that Horton makes a bad product? No!!! The products made in Amercia seem fine and are comparable with other high end crossbows. I don't want to willingly support China; plain and simple.

My right, my choice. I can only hope that there are other consumers who are similar in mindset; maybe, in time, our voices will be heard.

#17 Sparhawk

Sparhawk

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Mike,

I agree with your post but beleive that if we, as a consumer, simply accept the fact and remain mute.. nothing will ever change.

#18 DaGriz

DaGriz

Banned

• Banned
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

What pisses me off is companies who decried those that have stuff made off shore until they themselves started doing it. Then they believe it is okay and people are suppose to accept!. bull.

It is getting harded and harder to find "stuff" that is 100% made in the USA but like Sparhawk I don't think people should remain silent about it. The buying public needs to let these companies and politicians know that we are not happy and do not support this.

This continuing sending work overseas has got to stop. I don't like to single out Horton but they really should rethink their decision. I for one, will not buy their stuff again. It's bad enough the Chinese own over half this country as it is, without me supporting them any more than I unknowingly do!!

Edited by SPECIALIZED, 23 September 2009 - 03:11 PM.

#19 Hoss

Hoss

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

What pisses me off is companies who decried those that have stuff made off shore until they themselves started doing it. Then they believe it is okay and people are suppose to accept! Bull .

It is getting harded and harder to find "stuff" that is 100% made in the USA but like Sparhawk I don't think people should remain silent about it. The buying public needs to let these companies and politicians know that we are not happy and do not support this.

This continuing sending work overseas has got to stop. I don't like to single out Horton but they really should rethink their decision. I for one, will not buy their stuff again. It's bad enough the Chinese own over half this country as it is, without me supporting them any more than I unknowingly do!!

Griz,
Hate to loose a customer, but you will not find a 100% made in the U.S.A. crossbow. It does not exist!!! Horton is not hiding the issue. That is all.

Hoss

Edited by SPECIALIZED, 23 September 2009 - 03:11 PM.

#20 ohiostate

ohiostate

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

my four wheeler is assemble in georgia.. my tenpoint is made in the usa.. ;);) is the price going to drop??? it is BULL :D:confused::confused::confused: thanks WORM:D:ack2: