TV SHOW - Revolution

RE - Type of Cross Bow

• Please log in to reply

#1 white rabbitt

white rabbitt

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Does anyone here know what model/brand cross bow is used in the TV Show "Revolution" by the female character known as Charlotte 'Charlie' Matheson ?

#2 StriperT

StriperT

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Jul 24, 2012 – actually the crossbow use in revolution is a new style crossbow put out by barnett called the vengeance.

#3 Raleigh Archer

Raleigh Archer

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

The Revolution crossbow has round wheels, a small solid riser, and solid limbs. The Vengeance has large, aggressive cams, a large, sectioned riser, and split limbs.

In fact, it looks exactly like a stirrupless Horton Vision with the buttstock chopped off, then painted all black. You can even see where they took the Horton badges off the sides of the stock.

Posted Image

#4 StriperT

StriperT

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Could very well be..

I was just quoting what I found on the internet..

NBC To Preview 'Revolution' During The Olympics, Sample New ...

www.deadline.com/.../nbc-to-preview-revolution-during-the-olympic...Cached
You +1'd this publicly. UndoJul 24, 2012 – actually the crossbow use in revolution is a new style crossbow put out by barnett called the vengeance. Comment by howard — Thursday ...

#5 Ventilator

Ventilator

• Members
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Horton VIsion. Look at the cam orientation, they are at brace position with a longer string to go back to the latch. Limbs are only under preload tension. If that thing was actually at the fully cocked position, the cams would be rotated, and the axle to axle would be at least 6 inches closer. I guess it makes a nice movie prop, for the untrained eye?

#6 mp1986

mp1986

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Look at the shape of the rail, its a horton all the way! no question.

#7 mp1986

mp1986

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

watching the girl cock it in episode one, was easier than drawing a slingshot..

#8 Cowsword

Cowsword

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

I was gonna post about this TV show, I saw a blog that catalogues the numerous xbow kills through out the first episode....amusing. kinda. http://www.grantland...e-of-revolution

Is the show any good?

#9 xbow755

xbow755

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi All,
Just one quick note for everybody's understanding. I know that these new shows are pretty cool and it seems like a good thing that crossbows are finally getting some attention and advertisement, but in reality many of us also know that it's a double edged sword and I'll explain why. For many years verticle bows and crossbows always flew below the radar screen of politicians and law enforcement agencies because they were considered to be much less dangerous than firearms. Firearms received a great deal of regulation and pressure from these same sources, so the control aspects were always tough on firearms and very laxed and easy on the archery industry.

The recent movies and TV shows that have been bringing high levels of attention to verticle and crossbows is also now bringing the attention of the unwanted to these same items. As you can imagine, it brings the attention of an unwanted element of the public to run out and buy these weapons thinking that what they see on TV or in the movies can easily be repeated in the execution of crimes. It also has the attention of law makers and public officials that are now realizing that these are dangerous weapons and therefore great deal of additional legislation is need for purchase and control purposes.

Although it appears like a good thing on the surface, in reality we might be much better off if there was a little less attention on TV so we might remain in the shadows and below the radar screens for as many more years as possible.

Regards,

Xbow755

#10 webfarmer

webfarmer

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

I don't know about that but I have to say, the girl - why'll not so bad to look at - is annoying me to no end. Just saying........

#11 Corky

Corky

• Members
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

I agree with Xbow755... but then, Hollywood will do anything to cash in on a "trend." They hire people to find the new, "next big thing!"

Corky

#12 xbow755

xbow755

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hi Corky,
Sometimes I wonder if I think the way I do because I'm right or just because I'm getting older and more tempermental?

I do have very close friends that are still in the archery/crossbow business and they have ties to just about everyone in the country who's big in the business. I hear a great deal of insider information that is not for public consumption, but this often forms the basis for some of my statements.

My comments are not intended to upset anybody as much as to simply present another view that most people wouldn't normally consider. As they say, there's two sides to every story!

Xbow755

#13 Techstuf

Techstuf

• Banned
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

A lot of common themes in virtually the whole of modern T.V. series as of late....

Peace

#14 Raleigh Archer

Raleigh Archer

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

In NC, we just got rid of the requirement to get a pistol permit (and related background check) before purchasing a crossbow. We've opened archery season to crossbows, including hunting on Sunday on private land.

I don't see any worrisome trend with the regulation of crossbows in our state.

#15 FlDeerman

FlDeerman

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

The crossbow that kills me is in "the walking dead",it must have about a 20# pull.I mean shoot a zombie at 15 feet and it just sticks in the head.He shot a deer three times and the bolts where only 3 or four inches in the deer.Come on Hollywood at least try and make it some what real.

Edited by FlDeerman, 05 October 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#16 mp1986

mp1986

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thats because daryl is using a horton scout, its a youth crossbow...