View New Content Mark all as read |  

flat nocks or half moon shape nocks/2011 Wicked Ridge Invader.,

• Please log in to reply

#1 moses1

moses1

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I was told by my local bow shop, where I bought my crossbow that I can use half moon nocks in my 2011 Wicked Ridge Invader. It came with flat nocks on the bolts. He said the alot of guys are going to the half moon shape for better accuracy. He also said that a bow that is designed to shoot flat nocks can shoot half moon nocks but a crossbow designed to shoot half moon nocks can not shoot flat nocks. Is this info accurate?

#2 blackoak

blackoak

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

I was told by my local bow shop, where I bought my crossbow that I can use half moon nocks in my 2011 Wicked Ridge Invader. It came with flat nocks on the bolts. He said the alot of guys are going to the half moon shape for better accuracy. He also said that a bow that is designed to shoot flat nocks can shoot half moon nocks but a crossbow designed to shoot half moon nocks can not shoot flat nocks. Is this info accurate?

I don't think the part about guys going to moon nocks for better accuracy from bow shop guy is accurate. Are you having accuracy problems with your flat nocks from your Invader? I would stick with the flat nocks that Tenpoint recommends. You are far more less likely to experience a dry fire with a flat nock with your WR Invader IMHO

#3 larryschooley

larryschooley

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Stick with the Flat, They are recommended for a reason by Tenpoint.

#4 moses1

moses1

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I am having a hard time finding lighted nocks that are flat.

#5 blackoak

blackoak

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

If your local dealer doesn't stock them, they are available on line from many different companies. I just got some flat Lumenoks for my Gold Tips straight from the company and got them in three days

#6 kevin1911

kevin1911

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationsouth texas

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Blackoak how we'll do the lumenoks work? I have been thinking about getting them, I've had some of a different brand on my arrows for my compound and realy liked them but have read some bad and good things about the lumenoks.

#7 RC63

RC63

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

I just ordered some flatnock nocks from firenocks website for my Turbo. I'm just waiting for them to arrive so I can try them out.

#8 Timber Ghost

Timber Ghost

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

If you use carbon express bolts, and replace or add to them with individual purchases, the flat nocks are very hard to find. I only shoot flat nocks in my Wicked Ridge and bought a number of carbon express bolts when I purchased it, may have to chuck them all and go to Easton to be able to get flat replacement nocks.

#9 BUS#7

BUS#7

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest Central Ohio

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

I have an invader, and I would definitely stick with the flat nocks. As far as lighted nocks are concerned, I use Firenock's and I am very pleased with there performance.

#10 allchokedup

allchokedup

• Members
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationUpper Middle, TN

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Stick with the Flat, They are recommended for a reason by Tenpoint.

If your crossbow would shoot better with moon nocks Tenpoint would have designed it that way.
Flat nocks all the way!

#11 Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationMontgromery county,Pa

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I agree.....stick with what is recommended.....Thunderbolt

#12 blackoak

blackoak

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Blackoak how we'll do the lumenoks work? I have been thinking about getting them, I've had some of a different brand on my arrows for my compound and realy liked them but have read some bad and good things about the lumenoks.

They work great with my Gold Tip LaserII. I will never again hunt without a lighted nock arrow. The new style Lumenok have replaceable batteries and are much brighter than the old style Lumenoks