View New Content Mark all as read |  

Wanted Reverse Energy Bow (R.E.B. Shadow).

• Please log in to reply

#1 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Just want to say sorry.

Edited by I_love_R.E.B, 13 October 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#2 Lightfoot

Lightfoot

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Dennis is still active and working for his sons aircraft manufacturing facility just outside Walhalla SC. To get ahold of his contact information, simply go to youtube and look up Woodland Survival Flipper.

If oldlonghair decides to sell his REB, I asked for first consideration years ago.

Hope that helps ya out.

#3 Old Longhair

Old Longhair

Crazy Ol' Foole

• Members
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationMid-Michigan Cornfields

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

oh-smiley.gif You guys are killing me!
I've contemplated selling it.
To be honest, I've been pestered about it enough that it might be worth it just to make that stop.

Part of the problem is that I don't tend to buy things that I don't want and keep forever. The reality however is that I'm not getting any younger, and I don't have any progeny to leave anything to. I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that I need to start slowly liquidating, and it's not an easy thing for me to do.

Here's the deal on the bow. I could be convinced to let it go, but I don't know how to begin to price it. As used equipment, it shouldn't be worth what I paid for it...it's used. But as a collectable, it's easily worth more. I don't want anyone to get screwed on the deal...and that includes me.

It is serial number 0162 and I purchased it new the end of September 2006. It is a 60-70lb draw that I've added spacers to to get the draw weight down to about 55lbs (for a weak old man to smoothly draw in any position). I've also added the Whiskerbisket, added a couple pieces of adhesive backed calfhair strips to the grip frame (to keep it from freezing my hand in the cold), had new better cables and string custom made for it, and adapted a Cobra LED light to illuminate one pin w/o any light escaping (for dusk hunting). It would also ship with a ½dzn Blazer fletched GoldTip Expedition arrows that are brand new unused.

So please tell me. What should I do? What would you do?

Edited by Old Longhair, 06 October 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#4 Lightfoot

Lightfoot

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

I think ya just talked me outta it. Reminds me of the bows, crossbows, Draw locs and experimentals I have put into the basement for now. That leaves the heavy Tac15, Scorpyds, and Wolverine cluttering up the upstairs...

Since the other fella is offering top dollar you could sell it him and then go buy your best gal something frilly...

#5 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Dear Mr. Old Longhair, I am very excited to see your reply!I go crazy in the Google search for information about REB lasted several months, I am a foreigner, because the language is limited, it is not easy for me, but I really like it, so I in many a night I dreamed I used REB in the shooting.I am willing to accept any price for it, I will always treasure it!Please contact me! Thank you very much.

My e-mail address is: qyj_1098@hotmail.com,you can also send information to me!

#6 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks to Mr.Old Longhair and Lightfoot once again!Thank you for your help!

#7 Ghostmanmp5

Ghostmanmp5

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara County, California

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

I will take this off your hands OldLonghair
Please Call 805 689 1859 Kurtis

#8 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

Mr. Old Long hair,I will be right here waiting for you!Every day I will be here waiting for your reply!

Because my English is poor,I can't call you, I feel very sorry! Please send me a message!

#9 Old Longhair

Old Longhair

Crazy Ol' Foole

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

You see! This is the problem. How do I price and market it? Regardless of what I do, someone will feel slighted.

Maybe I should just put it up on E-bay and let the whole world have a crack at it.

Any other suggestions?

#10 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

You see! This is the problem. How do I price and market it? Regardless of what I do, someone will feel slighted.

Maybe I should just put it up on E-bay and let the whole world have a crack at it.

Any other suggestions?

You can sell to me according to buy them to price, I am willing to accept! Please contact me!

#11 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

How about 800 dollars just for the bow?I am looking forward to your reply!

#12 Stillhunter

Stillhunter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationApex N.C.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Old Longhair, I like the way you think and it sounds like you'd rather keep and enjoy that unique machine for a while. If you did get rid of it i would think the auction would be the way to go w a minimum price that you would like to recieve, or just keep it a while . The rare factor seems to make it about priceless.........................I love the 99% comment!! :drinks:

#13 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

I hope you can sell me, I very like the crossbow, but I can not have it, the bow is my only on.

#14 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

I'd like to see Mr. Old LongHair here to auction his beloved REB, I will try my best to take it.

#15 Old Longhair

Old Longhair

Crazy Ol' Foole

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

As of now, the bow is no longer available. I've made my decision.

I'll request that the Admin deletes the other thread as it serves no purpose.

#16 I_love_R.E.B

I_love_R.E.B

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm sorry, I let you be troubled, sincerely ask for forgiveness.