View New Content Mark all as read |  

PSE Viper Copperhead Crossbow Help

• Please log in to reply

#1 kornholyo

kornholyo

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

I have a PSE Viper Copperhead Crossbow but I am missing the manual, PSE is no help finding one, Is there anyone here who can help me find one? thanks

#2 Cadet Jack

Cadet Jack

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

I can fix you up with a manual, however, there is little need for one as it is a very straightforward bow. Maybe I can help with something specific. PM me with any concens you have.

Jack

#3 kornholyo

kornholyo

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

It's a PSE Viper Copperhead Crossbow. I got an email the other day from PSE and they sent me a copy of the manual. Thanks again.

#4 timebandit

timebandit

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hello...what is the link to get a manual..txs dan

#5 alwzfishin

alwzfishin

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

hi!! i also have a pse viper, bought it at walmart 3 or 4 years ago, i wasn"t really looking for a crossbow at the time but it was on clearance for $99, couldn't pass it up. i started shooting a little with it last year & i had trouble with the safety jammin up on it. i tore it apart & a pin was laying loose in the rail, for the life of me i can't find where it goes. when i pulled the trigger assembly out the pins were set in so loose it literally fell apart, can you get me that e-mail address also because i would like to purchase the entire assembly thanks for your response!!

#6 Cadet Jack

Cadet Jack

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

The Wal-Mart version of those bows were produced with inferior pot metal trigger/safety components, plastic scope rails and brittle stocks. They are easy to distinguish from the pro shop models by their very dark camo pattern. and overall toy-ish feel. The pro shop models are much more substantial and have stainless trigger/safety components and a beefier stock. When at Wal-Mart.... caveat emptor!

Take it to a PSE pro shop or send it to PSE to be repaired with "the good stuff".

#7 gopher

gopher

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

Cadet Jack

Tell me about the the elevation thingy ??:D

#8 Cadet Jack

Cadet Jack

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

The "elevation thingy" is a simple cam that, when rotated, will increase the angle of the scope rail relative to the track, thus compensating for trajectory. It's primary use is to coarse-set a scope's upper crosshair or dot for 20 yards with fine adjustments made with the scope's turret adjusters. Those using a single-line scope or single dot, can use additional incremental clicks to increase the range setting. However, the actual range will be very arbitrary and you may have to experiment to see which click equals which yardage for your setup. It's exactly like Horton's "Dial-a-range", but with far fewer parts.

Trying to use this adjustment with pin sights is a waste of time. Rely on your pieep and pins in a fixed configuration.

Enjoy!

#9 gopher

gopher

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:34 AM

Thanks !!!!

#10 KWheels

KWheels

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

I also just picked up a used Viper Copperhead and Viper Python. Have been looking for manuals as well, to no avail.

I think i have figured out how to sight it in(elevation on 1, zero at ~20 yds, then more elevation at longer range), but i want to rebuild the trigger and sear mechanism and try to shim some of the slop out