View New Content Mark all as read |  

Bowhunting Super Show; Open to the Public!!!!

• Please log in to reply

#1 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

To all members,
Here is your chance to go to one outdoor show just for bowhunting and see all your favorite product lines and manufacturers under one roof. Please check out the press release and click on the ad in the right hand sidebar of the forum to find out more.
Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 4.17.38 PM.png

Never has there been a show like this open to the public. Don't miss out.

PRESS RELEASE.jpg

#2 msflatlander

msflatlander

• Members
  • 1,030 posts
  • LocationIllinois South of I 80

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see what TenPoint has for 2013, besides the Omni noc.

#3 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,287 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Will Crossbow Nation have a booth?

#4 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

No. Not this year. But I will be floating around since it's right in my backyard.

#5 fmrleatherneck

fmrleatherneck

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Little too far for me; when it gets to Charlotte, (4 1/2 hours...), I'll be there!

#6 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,287 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

UL...is there a listing anywhere of exhibitors? I went to the site and it gave a map of the hall. I was more interested in who's going to be there showing their 2013 stuff than the speakers!....Also who exactly is the "National Bowhunters Association"? I cannot find a website or anything about this organization.

Edited by Tim50, 12 December 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#7 GRIM

GRIM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

AHHHHH so here is the mad scientist scheme behind the new T-shirt release. I can see a Crossbow Nation flash mob forming, all wearing the new shirts and doing that "gettyup dance move".
You should put out the call soon. Most of your members are older and will need time to practice the dance steps without breaking themselves.
Just think, a sea of octogenarian's dancing in step and posted on You Tube. My estimate of several dozen hits is just the start. Once the grand children get a hold of it, it will go virile.
On second thought, hire some cute girls in shorts and give them the shirts. they will work cheaper and you won't have to have paramedics standing by with oxygen.

GRIM

#8 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm actually not even going to be selling anything there. The shirts and the show are two different things.

#9 GRIM

GRIM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Just because you don't have a vested interest in the show doesn't mean you can't flood the show room floor with some Crossbow Nation signage.
Especially if they are cute girls, with their small stature the shirts should cost less than the 4X shirts you would need for some of your web members

GRIM

#10 bowriter

bowriter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I suspect Stan is the National Bowhunters Association. He started what became bowhunting version of the SHOT show and lost it due to some legal wrangling. Don't know but I imagine this is his return to the trade show business. By forming an association, he insulates himself from some legal iabilities, I guess.

Be interesting to see how it works out competing with all the other shows that are up and running with good track records.

#11 thirdhandman

thirdhandman

• Members
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationUnion Ky

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Stan is the originator of the then, Bowhunting trade show. He paid the Archery Manufacturers Organization to use the name the AMO show. After many years of getting the show going, the AMO took the show and is now called the ATA show.

If Stan were able to get Just 10,000 bow hunters at this show which is not a big number. It would be the biggest retail bow hunting show in the world.
Harrisburg Pa's show is the biggest hunting show in the world. It is hunting, camping, hikeing, canoeing, boating, fishing, gun hunting etc.
This show is just for bow hunting. If is not set up to be a family oriented show with all kinds of things for the wife and kids to do. It is to be for the serious archer who wants to shoot 20 different bows before buying one. Sit in a dozen different stands to figure out which is most comfortable for them.
It will be the try it before you buy it event for archers.
Just wish I could be there, but already booked another show.