View New Content Mark all as read |  

Hawke MAP ... is this actually what the reticle looks like?

• Please log in to reply

#1 deliriousnomad

deliriousnomad

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAlliance, NE

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I only asked because I googled it and got many many different variations...

curious...

(yes the left hand one as the other is the illuminated one...)

Attached Images

• map_sr_crossbow.jpg

#2 Joe171 ( DR FRANKENBOW )

Joe171 ( DR FRANKENBOW )

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationHamilton Ontario Canada

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

deliriousnomad

Head over to the Hawke sight they have some pix of the recitals looks right here is a link

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/about.html

#3 deliriousnomad

deliriousnomad

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAlliance, NE

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

thanks I had looked there before and didn't see it but I did but this time I did... thanks again.

#4 skg2004

skg2004

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yes, those are correct images. Amazon had the camo map for like 44/45.00. I just put one on. Link

http://www.hawkeopti...bow-scopes.html

#5 deliriousnomad

deliriousnomad

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAlliance, NE

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

:) I love Amazon Prime... already mounted! ;) sight it in tomorrw

Edited by deliriousnomad, 18 December 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#6 deliriousnomad

deliriousnomad

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAlliance, NE

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

mounted and sighted.

I kinda like the look of the camo on the black... the son does not...

I was going to camo the stock but have decided not too...

Attached Images

• 010 resize.jpg

#7 blackhawk611

blackhawk611

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 926 posts
  • LocationHUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA35811

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

I only asked because I googled it and got many many different variations...

curious...

(yes the left hand one as the other is the illuminated one...)

i think i will get one of those bad boys.

#8 deliriousnomad

deliriousnomad

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAlliance, NE

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

you will like it! I've mine as such the dot above the top crosshair is 20 then down it goes 30-40-50-60 about dead on at each of them!

#9 bowman81

bowman81

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationS.E. Michigan

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

I just picked one up from amazon...$54.00 delivered. A pretty nice scope. I much prefer the reticle with multiple crosshairs to the triangles on the Excalibur scope that came with my Axiom.

#10 Jackal12

Jackal12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 820 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

Im with your son my ocd says black on black or camo on camo lol

#11 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Are these Hawkes scopes really that good for $40-$50. The one that came with my TP Turbo XLT II is a 3x Pro-View 2. It sells for $189. It has great eye relief clear as can be, and excellent in low light.Is there something I'm missing here? Please fill me in.

#12 deliriousnomad

deliriousnomad

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAlliance, NE

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

well Bobby that price point was on Amazon. the black one was $79.99 same scope. mine was $45 free two day shipping. compared to the CROSS 4x32 that came with the Ghost 350, I like it. clearer and I prefer the crosshairs.

I have a mind set and wont put a $300 scope on a $400 bow. both of my ARs have Tasco World Class 3x9 50mm and the are fantastic and were only $50 or so dollars on Amazon.

I try not to be an equipment snob with the things I drive or use. to me inanimate objects are just tools. if they function for my function they are good enough.

anyhow that is how I roll...

#13 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

well Bobby that price point was on Amazon. the black one was $79.99 same scope. mine was $45 free two day shipping. compared to the CROSS 4x32 that came with the Ghost 350, I like it. clearer and I prefer the crosshairs.

I have a mind set and wont put a $300 scope on a $400 bow. both of my ARs have Tasco World Class 3x9 50mm and the are fantastic and were only $50 or so dollars on Amazon.

I try not to be an equipment snob with the things I drive or use. to me inanimate objects are just tools. if they function for my function they are good enough.

anyhow that is how I roll...

No I was just wondering. The scope I have came with the package. Just wondering if the Hawkes were much better for less money, in case I buy another xbow and it doesn't have a scope.

#14 bowman81

bowman81

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationS.E. Michigan

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

I just put mine on and haven't hunted with it yet. The scope is very clear and bright...some aberration at the edge of the field of view...finish is first rate, the adjustments are crisp and easy to use without tools. I like it. Only time will tell how weatherproof and durable it is.
The sale on amazon was terrific. Usually you see it for sale at $109-129 + shipping. I should point out that it is very compact...at least a couple of inches shorter than the Excalibur. The eye relief is also longer..the ocular lens is mounted some 2" further forward than the OE scope. So far I like it. I would have preferred a black scope but wasn't willing to pay $30 more for it.

bobbyd1947-- I would at least look at the Hawke scopes before I purchased others. It seems like a heck of a scope for the money.

#15 deliriousnomad

deliriousnomad

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAlliance, NE

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

yeah maybe I got a bit winded... :D it's a good scope for the money for sure. they sell or make (not sure which) the 3 dot red dot that Barnett sells as their brand...

another alternate if I was going to get HHA Optimizer or whatever its called would be a Bushnell Banner, rave reviews 1-4 x 32mm nice compact rifle scope under $100 but only one aim point...

Edited by deliriousnomad, 20 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#16 dropzone

dropzone

• Members
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have the MAP and love it the glass is clear and light gathering is exceptional. I had a SR I figured out I'm not fond of the circles but it's a nice piece of glass, if you are in to the circles. But that's just me I like the thin cross hairs. I am saving up for a XB1 with the crossbow SR reticle I like the idea it can be adjusted to match the speed of the crossbow and I like the + cross hairs.