• Please log in to reply

#1 RookieFromTN

RookieFromTN

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMcMinnvile,TN

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hello CrossbowNation ,
Newbie here ,I'm curious as what would be the best scope for a rookie on a budget ,I currently have a 3 dot red dot site , But it seems very inaccurate . My bow is a PSE copperhead viper. Also do they make bipods or any other worth while accessories for these xbows?

Thanks in advance for your help ,
RookieFromTn

#2 HORNS-A-PLENTY

HORNS-A-PLENTY

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hello CrossbowNation ,
Newbie here ,I'm curious as what would be the best scope for a rookie on a budget ,I currently have a 3 dot red dot site , But it seems very inaccurate . My bow is a PSE copperhead viper. Also do they make bipods or any other worth while accessories for these xbows?

Thanks in advance for your help ,
RookieFromTn

I use a Nikon Bolt scope and consider it to be very, very good -- available on Ebay for around $ 130.

I shoot off of (leaning on) the hood of my truck -- using it as a rest to hold as steady as possible. You need to invest in a bag target and good arrows. Sight in at 10 yards to start with, and get to where you are hitting a small circle before going out to 20 yards and so forth.

HortonWildman

#3 lovetohunt

lovetohunt

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Searching for the best scope is something your gonna get many different answers. Everyone has a preference that they believe to be the best. And their all right cause their shooting the best... the best for them.
Scopes have different magnifications, red/green dot, crosshair, or 3-5 crosshairs, illuminated crosshairs, eye relief, ect.
Best thing to do is go to a shop that has crossbow scopes, and get the one that works best for you... then you will have the best scope on the market.
Welcome to crossbow nation. Glad to have you here.

Edited by lovetohunt, 30 December 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#4 RookieFromTN

RookieFromTN

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMcMinnvile,TN

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for all the reply s and suggestions