View New Content Mark all as read |  

Any info on the new Native Crossbows

• Please log in to reply

#1 Jeeptag

Jeeptag

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I saw a pic of a new Native Crossbow called the Rampage and it looked like it had a Scorpyd stock & trigger and Maximus stirrup.

Anyone know anything about these bows?

#2 Lightfoot

Lightfoot

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

The bows made debut at ATA and is basically a non rdt compound model that comes in two flavors, 175lbs (799.00)and 150lb with a solid stock 699.00

If you took the lmbs off the Maximus Ergo, stuck them on a scorpyd, that would be pretty close. Very nice looking bow IMO. You can find a pic by googling it and going to HuntingPA forum you find it. Looks like a sweet bow at a sweet price.

Company is located in Alexandria IN.

#3 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Just in case this is what it looks like.

Attached Images

• native.JPG

#4 Jeeptag

Jeeptag

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

So, who is Native are they affiliated with either Scorpyd or Maximus or did they just borrow parts and design elements?

#5 Trapper1

Trapper1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Scared lol

#6 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

I was very impressed by this crossbow.

This bow feels like the 2011 Tornado in many ways, except it is a much improved version. Limbs, trigger, cable termination point, safety, anti-dryfire and more.

For starters it's got a forever warranty. The warranty is a lifetime to every person that ever owns the bow. It transfers to the new owner. It's made in the U.S.A. It uses Hawke optics and is offered in several optics packages. The trigger is very good. Just a slight hint of uptake in the very beginning that is barely noticed and then it breaks very clean with just a little effort. The 175 lb. model comes with a stock that rolls over and can easily be cocked from a sitting position or while standing. The stock is very comfortable and the cheek weld lines your eye up with the scope. The auto-safety goes off silent and is centered on the rear of the trigger box. Balance is perfectly centered on the bow.

This is a very comfortable bow to shoot (it has that special feel, like it was made special, just for me) and I spent a long time talking with the guys at Native. I'm convinced they are a stand up company with alot to offer. They are already looking forward to 2014 and have plans on the table for the new bows.

The 175 lb. model is called Rampage 175 and has the break over stock. The 3X scope package is $799 and we will be offering extras with our package, just like we did with the Tornado. The 150 lb. model is the Rampage 150 has a solid stock and is priced at $699. Both models come in camo or black.

The company is based in Alexandria, IN.

Here are some specs:
Overall length is 35 inches. Width is 18 1/2 uncocked and 17 cocked. Weight is 8 lbs fully loaded. Speed is 350 f.p.s. for the 175 and 320 f.p.s. for the 150 The package is $799 for the 175 and $699 for the 150 We will be including a dozen custom arrows with the package.

#7 Jeeptag

Jeeptag

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for the specs arrowhead!

Any insight into the company?

#8 Trapper1

Trapper1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thanks

#9 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,786 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Here are some more pics. These bows are being made by the manufacturer that was going to build the Maximus crossbows. But, don't think for a second they just took the left over parts and put their name on it. This is a new stock, new riser, and completely new trigger. Made in the USA. After talking with these guys for quite some time, I left with the impression that they are truly committed to building a quality crossbow. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this new company.

Attached Images

• Native Crossbow Rampage.jpg
  • Native Crossbow.jpg
  • Native Crossbows Booth.jpg

#10 Ventilator

Ventilator

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Has anyone noticed that the black one has the Scorpyd safety, but the cam one UL is holding has the safety at the back of the latch box???

Scorpyd stock, rail, latch, with Maximus stirrup. One very nice thing about these bows, is the Scorpyd sled will work on them.

UL,

Are them limbs true split limbs or a solid/split hybrid? Hard to tell from the pics.

#11 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,786 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I would call them a hybrid. Also, I believe the picture of the black one is an old pic. The current models have auto engaging safeties and anti dry-fires.

#12 Ventilator

Ventilator

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Thank you. I knew I could see something else in the latch box, and that explains it.

#13 Rog

Rog

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Looks like they opened up the front of the trigger guard, so you can get a gloved finger in it. So many have this stupid (not thought out) reversed tear drop style that is just too small in front of the trigger. IMO

#14 Jeeptag

Jeeptag

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Here are some more pics. These bows are being made by the manufacturer that was going to build the Maximus crossbows. But, don't think for a second they just took the left over parts and put their name on it. This is a new stock, new riser, and completely new trigger. Made in the USA. After talking with these guys for quite some time, I left with the impression that they are truly committed to building a quality crossbow. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this new company.

Sorry I am confused; is Native a contract manufacturer or working with a contract manufacturer or acquired assets or something else?

#15 Llamaman

Llamaman

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

These look interesting. Anybody get to shoot one?

#16 buckeyeoutfitter

buckeyeoutfitter

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

geeezzz everyones using scorpyd stocks.... lol..

#17 CentraPAHunter

CentraPAHunter

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

These are nice, shot one today, the first generation, they're already in the second generation where they've moved the safety to the rear and have it auto engage when cocked. The limbs are made as one piece, and then they cut them, so they're two piece as a final product. I'm not sure what that benefits, but there's no room for any type of vibration dampening in so far as I can tell. The trigger is pretty nice, noticibly better than a bow-tech crossbow, and worlds better than my existing crossbow. Weight and balance isn't too bad. I do kinda wish there was a lock on the stock of the Rampage to prevent casual disengaging of the magnet when you lift it by the buttstock. Nailed bullseye standing offhand at 20 yds with first shot, which is a good start. I'd like to say it's love at first sight, but I'd like to meet the parents and have a second date first... ;)

From what I've heard, it's a father/son company, small, but up and coming. I'd feel a lot better about buying one if they had a web presence. A lifetime warranty doesn't mean much if they go out of business in 6 months, and there isn't anyone to call about a warranty issue... As I understand it they're they're at least assembled in the USA, not sure if components are made in USA (though it does say made in USA on the side).

If they can get things up and going, I think they've got a great start on a great product with some innovative ideas. I really like the folding stock idea for arming it in a sitting position (ie treestand). If anyone knows anything in terms of company contact info, or a website when they do get something going, please share, as I think I'll bite once I can feel a little better in knowing they've put enough effort to look like they'll be around for a while to support what they sell. They certainly seem to have put a solid effort into the actual product.

Edited by CentraPAHunter, 26 January 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#18 CentraPAHunter

CentraPAHunter

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

A review was posted here
http://naturalgeogra...lenty-of-punch/

And contact info posted from ATA show:

Native Crossbows
8201 North State Road 9
Alexandria, IN 46001
United States
Phone: 765-724-2225
jason@nativecrossbows.com

Edited by CentraPAHunter, 01 March 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#19 CentraPAHunter

CentraPAHunter

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Though it's blank (just has a background with the company logo and a coming Dec 2012 notation), they do now seem to have a website. Perhaps we'll have info posted there in the coming week or two.

http://www.nativecrossbows.com/

#20 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,786 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

I spoke with the owners at the Indiana Deer and Turkey show. They did not have a booth there, but I saw them walking around in the crowd and spoke with them for awhile. They assured me that things were moving forward.
  • Aimo likes this