• Please log in to reply

#1 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Here is a new crossbow from Barnett called the Recruit. It's a 140 pound draw crossbow shooting 300 FPS. It only weighs in at 6 pounds. Its very compact at 33.25" long x 16" wide. It also has an adjustable butt stock to accommodate different framed shooters. I think this crossbow will be Barnett's best seller. Perfect for a child, woman, or even a grown man.

Attached Images

• Barnett Recruit Crossbow.jpg

#2 lovetohunt

lovetohunt

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I really like that. Number one all I buy is Barnett crossbows. Number two my 8 year old daughter wants to take after shooting/hunting like her 10 year old sister. My 10 year can handle my Jackal just fine. But for safety reasons I haven't let my 8 year old shoot it. She's still a lil small to safely handle it. I'll have to wait the Barnett recruit hits the market and see how well my 8 year can hang on to it.

#3 AndyC

AndyC

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Like the direction Barnett is taking on this one for a change.

Compact, light, not excessivily powerful, and would seem easy to cock and shoot all day. Reliability and durability should then become second nature, as per the Jackal, while still being an effective hunting bow. Thumbs up.

But what is with the committee group stock design (shudder), thought they could at least improve on the "Trekkie" looks of the Jackal. Hope the arrow retainer holds up too.

Just my opinion.

Edited by AndyC, 11 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#4 Hunting Sc

Hunting Sc

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationIn a blind in carolina

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Im really liking where theyre going in the market. not that they havent always had outstanding products but man they keep coming back with bows for everyone.. my wife and olderest daughter could share this one..

Chris

#5 240m3srt

240m3srt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

I like that too! Simple, light, all black. Is that 16" ATA UNCOCKED?

MSRP?
  • HDMann292 likes this

#6 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I like that too! Simple, light, all black. Is that 16" ATA UNCOCKED?

MSRP?

Those were my questions too. Also what lenght arrow?
  • sz380 likes this

#7 stevinator

stevinator

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationN Illinois

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I like it too being lightweight,for carrying or a treestand.

#8 speedball

speedball

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Jeff, seems like they have a few very innovative products for sale now, im very impressed with there R+D department

#9 JCAT

JCAT

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Locationthe hardwoods of pa.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

HI EVERYONE, GREAT TIME OF YEAR FOR US CROSSBOW LOVERS, THIS LITTLE CROSSBOW JUST MIGHT BE THE TICKET FOR TREESTAND AND GROUNDBLINDS FOR DEER AND TURKEY, AND SHOULD BE VERY QUIET AND ACCURATE WITH PLENTY OF OOMPH FOR EITHER, IF YOU NOTICE THE BROUCHER IN THE BACK GROUND IT SHOWS STRING STOPS, ALLTHOUGH I CANT SEE ANY ON THE DISPLAY MODEL SHOWN. ANYONE KNOW PRICE AND AVALIBILTY, THIS THING SHOULD BE SWEEEET!!!

#10 JCAT

JCAT

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Locationthe hardwoods of pa.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

MAYBE THIS WILL REPLACE MY TOMAHAWK AS A LIGHTWEIGHT HUNTING BOW, LESS ALL THE ISSUES!!!

#11 flexfire

flexfire

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationColumbia,Pa

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I was looking for something for the wife i found it now...

#12 barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400

Barnett Representative

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Guys,

Jeff is absolutely right on this one, the feedback that we recieved at ATA and at the Shot show was unbvelievable on this bow! Its extremely light weight, super compact and also allows for the use of a crank cocking device.
It is going to retail for right around $299 and will be available this summer.

-Jesse
  • Urban Legend likes this

#13 flexfire

flexfire

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationColumbia,Pa

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hey Jesse couple questions #1 I like to know does The Cross Carbon 3 Arrow Quiver That i seen on the Ghost 401 Come just for that Crossbow.#2 Does the Ghost 410 and Buck Commander Xtreme also come in barnetts AVI technology molder over Laminated limbs #3 what are the Warranties on these bows of 2013

#14 240m3srt

240m3srt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Guys,

Jeff is absolutely right on this one, the feedback that we recieved at ATA and at the Shot show was unbvelievable on this bow! Its extremely light weight, super compact and also allows for the use of a crank cocking device.
It is going to retail for right around $299 and will be available this summer.

-Jesse

Hope to hear it straight out the horses mouth. Jesse, what is the width of this bow uncocked as measured either ATA or outer edge to edge?

For the price and performance it looks like a great replacement to the Jackal and C5 lineup.

#15 sz380

sz380

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I was told 16" axel to axel

#16 barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400

Barnett Representative

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Guys,

The axel to axel measurement of the Recruit Compound uncocked is 16" which makes it our most compact crossbow in the line up. As far as the premium quiver goes, that will be included with the Ghost 410, the Vengeance, and I believe the Ghost 385. The Ghost 410, Ghost 385, and the BCX this year will not have the AVI limbs. Also the bows will come with a 5 year warranty. This covers everything on the bow except strings and cables, and dry-fires. Hope this helps.

-Jesse

Edited by barnettxbows400, 31 January 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#17 flexfire

flexfire

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationColumbia,Pa

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

ok sounds good Thanks any news on a date?

#18 barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400

Barnett Representative

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Flexfire,

We are currently forecasting June 1st.

-Jesse

#19 240m3srt

240m3srt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Guys,

The axel to axel measurement of the Recruit Compound uncocked is 16" which makes it our most compact crossbow in the line up. As far as the premium quiver goes, that will be included with the Ghost 410, the Vengeance, and I believe the Ghost 385. The Ghost 410, Ghost 385, and the BCX this year will not have the AVI limbs. Also the bows will come with a 5 year warranty. This covers everything on the bow except strings and cables, and dry-fires. Hope this helps.

-Jesse

Just for comparison the Vengeance uncocked is 18" ATA but the big cams make it closer to 23.5" overall. The Recruit is 16" but appears to have small cams making it VERY narrow. Maybe even slightly more narrow than the carbon express covert sls which is currently one of if not the most narrow xbow on the market.

All this plus light weight, 300fps, and sub $300 price. These should fly off the shelf!

Edited by 240m3srt, 31 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#20 stevinator

stevinator

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationN Illinois

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Can't wait to see this one,if it is close to the sturdiness of the jackal and lighter I would really be interested.I am old enough to start liking lighter LOL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recruit