Barnett panzer

• Please log in to reply

#1 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hi all.
Ross from New Zealand here. I wanted to say hi and put a pic up of my crossbow. I've always been. a keen Hunter but I'm new to bow hunting.
I've brought myself a new scope to replace the red dot it came with and slowly building up a kit of broadheads, 20" carbon fibre arrows and ordered the crank that's compatible with the panzer and the wildcat mainly for target practices etc

I also discovered that in NZ we have 3 kinds of land to hunt on: public, doc (both require permits and have conditions) and lastly private land no permits but best to get permission from owner/s.

The conditions for the doc land were: minimum arrow length 20" and minimum arrow weight 30gram. Plus a lot of common sense + sum tree huggin cr@p too (haha)

Anyways guys n gals... have a good one (and I can't wait to put some hunting pics up)

Ross.

Attached Images

• 20130124_211003.jpg

#2 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Welcome to CBN Ross
  • rossnrach likes this

#3 SFA Member

SFA Member

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hi Ross
Welcome to the Crossbow Nation & the great world of crossbow hunters.
good luck with your new bow.

Graham
  • rossnrach likes this

#4 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Thanks guys :-) can't wait to get out there!

#5 barnettxbows400

barnettxbows400

Barnett Representative

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Ross,

Welcome to Crossbow Nation! Let us know if you have any questions, there are a ton of knowledgable people on here that would be more than happy to help you out.

-Jesse
  • rossnrach likes this

#6 240m3srt

240m3srt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Welcome!! I love the simplicity of the Panzer. Hope to see New Zealand in person one day too!!

Edited by 240m3srt, 30 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.

• rossnrach likes this

#7 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hi again,
Well my cranking device turned up opened the box and the "instructions" haha... That's all I'll say. ..

#8 Krealitygroup

Krealitygroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Welcome to CBN. It's all like family here :) Congrats the Panzer and the cocking device. Have fun
  • rossnrach likes this

#9 AndyC

AndyC

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Hi again,
Well my cranking device turned up opened the box and the "instructions" haha... That's all I'll say. ..

????

#10 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hi Andy C the instructions told me how to stick the cradle on... to be fair I did figure the rest out reasonably quick. I tried it out tonight and it looks like it cut thru/split the serving a lil bit on one side. But it was nice to use and I can see it'll be great for target practice etc.

Thanks for the well wishing guys I can't wait to learn everything and one day maybe I can be of help to someone on the forum :-)

About that serving tho guys. .. Should I be worried?

Ross.

Attached Images

• 20130204_204915.jpg
  • 20130204_201738.jpg

#11 XLR8

XLR8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAxson,Ga.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Ross just push it back together, they all do it when using the crank cocker.
  • rossnrach likes this

#12 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi all.
Just got some of that camo polarfleece tape apparently for sound deadening (panzers quiet as anyways ) and to cut light reflection.
Dunno if it works yet but I like the look of it.

Oh I also got some alloy moon nocks and magnus stinger buzzcut's that im just itching to try out :-)

Ross.

Attached Images

• 20130218_203600.jpg
  • 20130218_203658.jpg

#13 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Watch this space peoples... bipod, anti cant level and more camo tape on the way :-)

Oh and shooting it is heaps of fun too!!!

#14 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

For anyone out there that may be thinking... Why's this guy doing up a panzer v for...?

Easy answer/s: first I like it. Second to get a vengeance or a RAZR etc into New Zealand the distributors sounded like they wouldn't even try let alone the potential 3 Grand it'd cost :-S

I see on the site they're around the US$ 1600 area which is around 1900 here so the rest must be shipping or commission haha

#15 Jef

Jef

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFranklin, TN

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

i have one i bought off a friend. it's a LOT of fun to shoot. It belongs to you so there's nothing wrong with modding it to your tastes. Who cares what anyone else thinks? I've been thinking of painting mine

How are your groups? mine are horrible, but I'm hand cocking it and using the cheap 18 barnett arrows (black ones with the green/black fletches) . I do NOT think the lack of a rope has much to do with the grouping as they are all over, not just left and right. im hoping they will improve once i get a rope and some decent arrows....btw, are yours carbon? how do they shoot?

edit-   I was reading on another archery forum about the new Omni Nocks by TenPoint and realized something. One day right after i got my panzer and was sighting it in (I put a better red-dot on it), I decided to try a couple of my Wicked Ridge arrows to see if the accuracy changed or i could get them to group any better. I practically stacked them. hmmmmm, overall weight is almost the same, the only real differences were the 100 gn tips and 2 more inches of arrow. I only tried 2 because my WR Invader requires flat nocks where the Panzer requires moons. Now, let me back up....after reading that post I got into my xbow case and saw that the omni nocks are actually what came on my WR arrows and i didnt realize it. they TAKE THE PLACE of all other xbow nocks. those cheap arrows ( the moon nocks actually) ARE what's causing my panzer to shoot so horribly. I am saying goodbye to the moons and replacing them with omnis as soon as i can find them. My local shop can probably get them for me.

Edited by Jef, 19 March 2013 - 09:35 PM.

• rossnrach likes this

#16 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hey Jef.
Sigh... yeah I have some of those barnett arrows... no disrespect to the barnett's but, never again.
As soon as I could my whole kit is 20" carbon fibers there's an awesome company that sells them for about 9 buck each or less if you go dozen at a time. ..
Im using Moon nocks some plastic some alloy's
My groups are actually pretty good for this little Beasty I shoot then I aim that proverbial mm away or I end up with a 30+ inch arrow haha... mind you I have the crank cocking device and a shotgun scope (that's what Bushnell call it)

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a vengeance or a RAZR or something cool like that but I'm still not certain if I could convince the woman that, that kinda money is worth it haha.

Attached Images

• 20130309_115549.jpg

• Jef likes this

#17 Jef

Jef

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFranklin, TN

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

looking good!

I certainly meant no disrespect to the Barnett brand either. It's a fine little crossbow and I hear great things about the others and their customer service. I would love to own a RAZR!

I understand now that the moon nock accuracy issue is probably 70% user-related and that they must be seated properly or their flight will be greatly skewed. However moon nocks are NOT perfect.

I'm still going with the Omnis- they're fool-proof.

#18 240m3srt

240m3srt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

For anyone out there that may be thinking... Why's this guy doing up a panzer v for...?

Easy answer/s: first I like it. Second to get a vengeance or a RAZR etc into New Zealand the distributors sounded like they wouldn't even try let alone the potential 3 Grand it'd cost :-S

I see on the site they're around the US$ 1600 area which is around 1900 here so the rest must be shipping or commission haha

Forget Razr not worth the $ imo...you can get Skorpyd Velocity 165 for $1400USD.  Consider the Recruit...far as im concerned thats Barnetts new best bow for the $.  Wonder why NZ dist's are acting so weird about the price, is there something weird about crossbows in New Zeland far as liability...last time i checked yall were the adventurous ones no waivers for jet boat rides in the canyons and what not LOL. 

LMK if you need help getting one sent from the US.

#19 rossnrach

rossnrach

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

Not sure aye cause I checked it out myself and the costs for import weren't too crazy mind you once you put tax and duty on it it'll probably add up I think customs charges duty on things above 400 (or it could even be 700 now need to double check)