Omni nock test.

• Please log in to reply

#1 Ski

Ski

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSuperior WI

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

I put on a dozen Omni nocks last night and bought a couple Pro Elites with them on as well. I like that the nocks come with the indexing tool that locks into the triangle and the omni depressions in the nock making installation easy. I also like the positive seat when you push the arrow into the string for shooting. If you try to put it in twisted you can feel it turn the arrow to correct. My shots were dead on before and after the nocks so I guess the good news on shooting is that it still shoots perfect. I bought these because I was never comfortable with flat nocks and have been told moon nocks do not work well in ten points. I guess to sum it up, I like them and they are inexpensive, I will get more when they come back in stock for my aluminum arrows and when they are made lighted with Tracers.
  • allchokedup likes this

#2 allchokedup

allchokedup

• Members
  • 1,587 posts
  • LocationUpper Middle, TN

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for sharing this. I was thinking about trying them also.
Thanks, David

#3 boone nc

boone nc

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationPetoskey, MI

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Is there any talk about the omni nocks coming out with a lighted version?

I now shoot the Pro Lites and had trouble with the tracers fitting as tight as i wanted them to be. A little silicon and it worked fine and satisfied my worry they woudl pop out upon impact. Some said dont use silicon or the likes but I had no choice as i was down to the wire. I only used a dab so maybe that is why there was no issues, not sure why they said it wouldnt work.?

If they sold the omni lighted nocks already in stalled on the lites, I would be tickeled pink!

#4 Ski

Ski

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSuperior WI

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

I used a 2 part epoxy recomended for nocks and inserts. Some say to use hot glue or a shopping bag if you want to remove the parts later. Any of those three will not fall out. Ten Point told me they are in the process of getting the Omni nocks lighted and will also come installed on arrows. I hope they use Tracers again but Firenocks would be great but big $$$$$$.

#5 sideways

sideways

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Ski, can you post some pics?
Thanks

#6 Ski

Ski

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSuperior WI

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Ski, can you post some pics?
Thanks

All I have is the finished arrows now, installation is easy. Getting the old nocks off was a bitch on 4 and easy on the other 8. I had to dip them in boiling water and twist off with plyers.

#7 Ski

Ski

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSuperior WI

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Is there any talk about the omni nocks coming out with a lighted version?

I now shoot the Pro Lites and had trouble with the tracers fitting as tight as i wanted them to be. A little silicon and it worked fine and satisfied my worry they woudl pop out upon impact. Some said dont use silicon or the likes but I had no choice as i was down to the wire. I only used a dab so maybe that is why there was no issues, not sure why they said it wouldnt work.?

If they sold the omni lighted nocks already in stalled on the lites, I would be tickeled pink!

I am going to buy 6 Pro Lites with Omni nocks and test them with 125gr field points for FOC balance, FPS speed and grouping at 20 - 50yds. I will compare to Pro Elites with 100gr. The Pro Lites should be 395gr total weight and my Pro Elites are all dialled in at 426.3 - 426.5 after much matching of parts. I am thinking that the lites might group better and fly flatter even at longer shots. My Carbon Elite seems to like the arrows I shoot around 400gr and at nearly the same speed as the 370gr through the chrono.

#8 boone nc

boone nc

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationPetoskey, MI

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Ski, the Pro lites flew and grouped better for me compared to the ELites and I shoot a stealth. My only beef with my set up was the fact the Tracer nocks felt loose. Seems Easton would do something about that, maybe the lighted omni nocks will address this. I know I would be a supporter of the product. If they shot better than my set up does now, I would def have to shoot at different spots on the target!

Thanks

#9 Ski

Ski

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSuperior WI

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I tried to order the Pro lite arrows with Omni nock but they are on back order so that sucks. Here is what you do to fix your Tracer problem if you do not plan on ever removing the nock from arrow. Use a heavy body 2 part epoxy or JB weld and put a smear inside arrow and smear a circle around the first 1/4" of nock. Turn the nock while pushing it in until it seats and leave it alone for a day. It will never come out. The reason the Tracers do not fit well in that arrow is they were sized for Pro Elite arrows and not the lite ones so they are a little small but will work fine if bonded in place. I have heard of using low temp hot melt glue the same way but either way is going to make the nock a permanent partner to the arrow and the heat might destroy the Tracer but the epoxy / JB will not.

#10 boone nc

boone nc

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationPetoskey, MI

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Ski thanks, I found the silicone worked the best for me. I used a small dab and it holds just fine. I also found it wierd that they fit differently and more loose in some arrows and tighter in others. I assumed the ID would be pretty similar arrow to arrow. It may just be the amount of glue left in though, who knows.

Thanks for the advise, let me know how the Omnis treat you with the lites.

#11 Buckeyboy

Buckeyboy

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

THEY ARE WORKING ON A LIGHTED VERSION.

#12 10PtCrossbow

10PtCrossbow

TenPoint Representative

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yes we are, or rather lighted nock people are.
  • Jef likes this

#13 allchokedup

allchokedup

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

I ordered some Omni nocks yesterday. I pulled the original nocks out of my Pro Elites today and dang! a couple of them was real hard getting out. I had to warm them up for a little to get them out. I'm saving a half dozen Elite's for the lighted ones when they are for sale.  Can't wait to see the lighted Omni nocks. Whats a good, slow setting glue for the Omni's?

Thanks, David

#14 boone nc

boone nc

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationPetoskey, MI

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

David, I am not sure if a nock glue is what you are after but like i said above the silicone seemed to work really well for me. For some reason I feel that the rubbery style sealant or glue woudl work better than a hard setting glue would. May jst be my own weird thinking.

Another reason I chose the silicone over glue like I said above is I was trying to also fill the small gap from the Pro Lite arrows to the tracer nocks. The silicone did well with filling the void and also adhering the nock to the shaft. I also found after I cracked an arrow that I could remove the nock with not a ton of effort. I guess if you really layed the sealant to it would be harder to remove but I saw no need as a little dab will do ya.

I was really impressed with tracers and the lites. I know some nock the tracers but really liked the fact that every time I went hunting I could pre check my nock with the magnet versus trying to beat my arrow into lighting and then haveing to bite the nock and turn it to get it to shut off. To each his own but I love my set up, even if I have to silicone the nocks in place.

good luck

#15 djflipster

djflipster

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I went and shot my Turbo II today and I have a dozen Pro elites (carbon) with the omni nocks already installed (thanks Dave at Wyverns)...took a standing shot at about 37 yards at a 3d target...hit the 10 ring...only problem is the bolt would not come out of the target...and what really sucks is the bolt broke off about 5 inches into the target...so it cost me a bolt...now I am trying to remove what is left of the bolt without tearing up the target material....One thing though, I am going to buy at least a dozen of the omni nocks and install them into my aerobolt II's...the omni's worked better than the flat nocks that came with the xbow's three practice bolts....anyone have any ideas how to get the fricken broken bolt out of the target??

#16 jdhaines32

jdhaines32

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPa.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Any word on who will be making the lighted Omni Nocks? I would assume one would manufacturer would be Easton.

#17 10PtCrossbow

10PtCrossbow

TenPoint Representative

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

From my understanding, several people have it under way.

#18 allchokedup

allchokedup

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

David, I am not sure if a nock glue is what you are after but like i said above the silicone seemed to work really well for me. For some reason I feel that the rubbery style sealant or glue woudl work better than a hard setting glue would. May jst be my own weird thinking.

Another reason I chose the silicone over glue like I said above is I was trying to also fill the small gap from the Pro Lite arrows to the tracer nocks. The silicone did well with filling the void and also adhering the nock to the shaft. I also found after I cracked an arrow that I could remove the nock with not a ton of effort. I guess if you really layed the sealant to it would be harder to remove but I saw no need as a little dab will do ya.

I was really impressed with tracers and the lites. I know some nock the tracers but really liked the fact that every time I went hunting I could pre check my nock with the magnet versus trying to beat my arrow into lighting and then haveing to bite the nock and turn it to get it to shut off. To each his own but I love my set up, even if I have to silicone the nocks in place.

good luck

Hi boone nc,

Thanks brother for all this good info, I'll try it out.

Thanks again, David

#19 Ski

Ski

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSuperior WI

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

boone nc,  I liked the Tracers because of the magnet feature as well. I stuck the magnet under my arrow holder on the crossbow 1/2 way between the scope rail and part that touches arrow then used heat shrink to further secure it. Never failed to light arrow when shooting and they were easy to activate and disable for storage. Although Tracers are not as bright as others they can be seen in daylight which is plenty bright for me.

#20 boone nc

boone nc

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationPetoskey, MI

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Ski, roger that and then some. Knock on wood they havent failed me yet and i love the fact I can shut them off permanently if need be. I shot two deer this year in broad day light and had no trouble following the arrow. ALthough one was about 13 yds and that 0ne was hard to follow, however the big SMACK and the fact he fell about 35 yds from where I shot him, pretty much let me know where i hit him anyway!!!!!

Good luck