Horton Scopes?

• Please log in to reply

#1 Fullquiver

Fullquiver

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationWoodville,MI

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

I am looking at buying a ss310 Model scope sold by Horton and couldn't find any warranty details on the website. Does anyone know what kind of warranty this scope has? Also does anyone have one and how do you like it? (BTW was reportedly made by Hawke.)

Edited by Fullquiver, 26 February 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#2 GrizzWolf

GrizzWolf

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, Indiana

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

According to Horton Customer Service it's 2 years on scopes, 1 year on red dots... I have several Horton scopes including the one mentioned, I love em all. One note for beginners about red-dot optics... I always advise that you buy a scope and not a red-dot for your primary hunting weapon. If the red-dot fails in the field or the battery dies you are dead in the water. If a scope / lighted scope's electronics fail you STILL HAVE CROSSHAIRS.

#3 Rob G

Rob G

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUniontown, Pa.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Great scopes. Dont be shy from buying one.

#4 Krealitygroup

Krealitygroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I actually have been scoping out a Horton scope for my Jennings. I love the fact that the speed adjustments works for a slow bow like mine.

#5 tracker1

tracker1

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

According to Horton Customer Service it's 2 years on scopes, 1 year on red dots... I have several Horton scopes including the one mentioned, I love em all. One note for beginners about red-dot optics... I always advise that you buy a scope and not a red-dot for your primary hunting weapon. If the red-dot fails in the field or the battery dies you are dead in the water. If a scope / lighted scope's electronics fail you STILL HAVE CROSSHAIRS.

this is true but I have used Tasco and Millet dot scopes for over 20 years and a lot of hunting and never had one go bad or have the batteries run down. I always carried extra batteries in the hood foam or in the stock of my Realtree Ultra-Lite.

the one atvantage to a scope is you can see spikes in low light.

#6 Old Vet

Old Vet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Horton shows two years on scopes. They are a good quality optic and seem to be very solid and durable. I had one of their red dots, but sent it back because the three dots were not in a verticle line when the bow was level. Traded them for a SS047 without any problem. Good folks to deal with on warranty issues.