View New Content Mark all as read |  

Problem With Mission MXB-360

• Please log in to reply

#1 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

I resolved the 22 inch arrow problem with a 24 inch 2219 so I can use the BH I want to. Sure enough as I continued to shoot daily, every once in awhile the system wouldn't let me cock the Bow, it would lock at app. 3 to 4 inches, after letting down it would let me cock it, now it started to lock to a point where I have to pull repetitively at least 3 or 4 times and it would let me continue to cock the Bow. I took a break and tried again this time it just locks at app. 3 to 4 inches where no matter how hard I pull on the cocking rope it won't go past the point and won't cock, anyone ever had that problem? My dealer is 200 miles away so I'll be returning it to him within the next two weeks and we'll find out how fast Mission is with service as I need a servicable Bow by June for my Africa trip. I can't believe it . a friend of mine has a Tenpoint Turbo, I may just borrow that as he plans to use his vertical Bow. I had resolved my problems with arrow length , sighted the Bow in it shot really accurate out to fourty yards and now it won't come to full draw, I'm starting to loose confidence in this Mission product.I've checked the string and the cables for proper location and they are fine , the Cams are perfectly timed and sit equally they just start to roll over and than lock and the limbs take all the pressure but are to strong to allow the cocking to continue. Cactus

#2 pat57

pat57

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I will tell you one thing if i were going to Africa . I would not take a Mission mxb360. Do your self a faver go get a crossbow to take with you or just call it a photo trip and enjoy that .

#3 pa crossbow

pa crossbow

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Cactus Sorry to hear of the problems you are having with your Mission 360. I hope that all works out for you before your trip. I personally like the simplicity of recurve style crossbows that shoot time and time again with no problems. Good Luck and bring back some pics for all of us to see !!

Edited by pa crossbow, 22 March 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#4 Rog

Rog

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I hate that! Please let us know what caused this, and good luck............Rog

#5 CBhunter651

CBhunter651

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul Minnesota

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

That bow has user adjustable weights 5 turns out for 125 lbs and 8.5 turns out for 100 lbs. have you tried backing it off to see if the problem is at all weights? My brother has the pretty much the same bow a 360 MXB-360 in the tactical version brand new, one of the first 12 ever made in 2013. He has had no problems yet, the only thing that he dislikes is the lighted scope its very dim hard  to see if its lit or not. Have you looked at the nylon guide in the frame the one that guides the cables through the frame this is where I would look to see if any thing is blocking it from traveling when drawing the bow. A nick or bulge in the cable sliding through the nylon guide could stop it dead in its tracks. Personally i would break the bow down as far as you can and reassemble it looking for flaws. Then test it again.

I don't think mission would purposely send out a bad unit. Just my $0.02

Edited by CBhunter651, 22 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#6 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

CBHunter651: I was  going to do exactly what you suggested after I got home from work today, however, Mike Olson from Mission left me a message and solved the problem. The cocking rope gets caught by the Safety Button on the left side, if the cocking rope is underneath the safety button, you can pull with all  your might and the Bow won't cock as the safety is blocking it, so you have to ensure that the rope runs over the top of the Safety Button, now it works like a charm. I tried it several times both ways to make sure that it was the cause. It's a very simple solution and I recommended to Mike Olson that it should be in the Mission MXB-360 booklet . It was inconsistent at the start but when I left the rope on the Bow and tried it repetitively of course the cocking rope stayed under the Button effectively blocking the process. Again proves one thing , we're never too old to learn and the solution in this case is simple. This time Mission replied ( Mike Olson) within 12 hours which I consider very good customer service considering that the 12 hours were overnight, let's hope they keep it up. Cactus

#7 CBhunter651

CBhunter651

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul Minnesota

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Well Cactus I'm really happy that you got it solved and it was a simple cost free fix.

I can't put a price on the frustration you must have felt only you can do that so perhaps its wasn't free when you add that in.  

But its fixed and even I have learned from this I will watch for this on my brothers bow and tell him what to watch out for before hand so he will watch it when he cocks it from now on.

Mission phone service and customer service through a dealer is great just don't try to email them.

My brother is still waiting for them to answer questions he emailed them back in Jan. after he made his purchase.

He likes the tactical version of the MXB 360 better than the original, but to me it looks to much like a PSE TAC 10 or 15 and that's not my style at all. Good luck with your big Africa hunt in June  keep us here posted on your adventure. 

#8 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

CBHunter651: Frustrated is an understatement but it's a fix , however, I don't know why Mission doesn't answer their emails. I went back by email to their warranty lady and she forwarded my problem to Mike Olson who answered immediately by email, he went on holidays and again no answer, he's back now and i get replies within 12 to 24 hours depending on the day and time I send the email. Tell your brother to email Mike Olson at molson@mathewsinc.com  mike always gets back to me within a short period. I encourage everyone that has a Mission to do the same  and maybe just maybe Mike will make the others in Mission aware that they to need to step up to the plate. In the end we at CBN are trying to help them with their new product and wring the problems out of it. Thanks again. Cactus

#9 pat57

pat57

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Happy got your bow going . Send some pics. from your trip that would be great to see all thoughs animals where they live roming free range. That to me would awsome to see. Most of all have fun and enjoy.

#10 pat57

pat57

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Well been a long day but i got my junk shooting . Took trigger out of my mission crossbow foundout the claw that holds the sting when at full draw was machained off center .so i milled the left side and shimed the right side . Witch centerd claw now the nock slides right in place dose not lift back of arrow off the rail slides in nice and smooth and thight against string . Now it shoots like it is suppose to.Made 5 phone calls to misson no answer. NO return call . Sent 4 emailes no return message. Fixed it my self hay mission never mind i got it. David G Patterson S.r.

Edited by pat57, 23 March 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#11 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Pat57: I understand the frustration as I went through a similar email and phone calls until I discovered Mike Olson at Mathews his email is molson@mathewsinc.com  except when he was on holidays he answered my emails within 12 to 24 hours. When I spoke to him he told me that the dealer where you bought the Bow is your contact and not the Mission people. I indicated to him that getting a dealer involved adds another day or a week depending on the dealer and told him that the reason some of Missions competitors are very successful is based on a good product with very good customer service. I myself liken Mission to Bow Tech who operate exactly the same, I have a BowTech dealer in my area who knows squat about archery but sells both the vertical and crossbows for Bow Tech any problem takes forever to get resolved due to the dealer being knowledgable on everything from Fishing Hooks to Shotguns and Quads but has no expertise in anything. In the end this will hurt these companies but thy are too archaic to follow the example of TP, Xcal, Scorpyd , Kodabow etc. Cactus 

#12 bowdup

bowdup

• Members
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Pat57: I understand the frustration as I went through a similar email and phone calls until I discovered Mike Olson at Mathews his email is molson@mathewsinc.com  except when he was on holidays he answered my emails within 12 to 24 hours. When I spoke to him he told me that the dealer where you bought the Bow is your contact and not the Mission people. I indicated to him that getting a dealer involved adds another day or a week depending on the dealer and told him that the reason some of Missions competitors are very successful is based on a good product with very good customer service. I myself liken Mission to Bow Tech who operate exactly the same, I have a BowTech dealer in my area who knows squat about archery but sells both the vertical and crossbows for Bow Tech any problem takes forever to get resolved due to the dealer being knowledgable on everything from Fishing Hooks to Shotguns and Quads but has no expertise in anything. In the end this will hurt these companies but thy are too archaic to follow the example of TP, Xcal, Scorpyd , Kodabow etc. Cactus 

Boy, you nailed that one!!!! Very well said! 

I frequently hear "you get what you pay for" on this forum when talking about the cheaper brands of xbows (such as mine).  I'm feeling pretty darn good about my purchase after reading all the posts about the exploding BowTech's and now the troubled Missions. Absolutely amazing to me an archery company as big as Mathews is putting out products like this.   

#13 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Bowdup: You got that right and it isn't like the Mission is a cheap Crossbow it rivals the Ten Point Stealth SS and Turbo !! in price, so in this case you don't get what you paid for. I realize anything mechanical can fail that's why good customer service is vital, but instead of the Main Company for Mission and Bow Tech looking after customer service to ensure it's done in a timely and efficient manner, no we'll leave it the thousands of different dealers who are all different some from very good to downright abbismal. In some cases the dealer saves the company as he is excellent and wants to protect his reputation such as Kudus dealer in Pretoria South Africa. That is a rarity as warranty work is a loosing proposition for the dealer as the Main Companies do not pay the dealer for warranty services provided and I believe in a lot of cases that's the crux of the problem. If a product has to be shipped to the main company for service under the warranty it's the customer that pays for the shipping and in most cases the dealer picks it up as he wants to keep his customers, so the company makes a defective product warranties that product against defects and sells it for a profit when it goes south he wants the customer to pay the shipping for his defective product, there is something fundamentally wrong with that concept Cactus

#14 bowdup

bowdup

• Members
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I didn't know that the main companies don't cover the dealers cost of warranty work. That is just wrong!! It just seems that these days warranties have less and less value as the manufacturers have figured out a way around being responsible for their own products. Real sad!

#15 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Bowdup: Yes it is sad, an example if someone has a broken limb  and it's under warranty the company will send new limbs to the dealer and the dealer is expected to spend time to replace the limbs on the Bow whether it's vertical or a crossbow. To change limbs out and retune takes anywhere from 1 to 2.5 hours depending on the Bow and setup. The customer doesn't pay as it is under warranty and the Main Company gets a free trip as well, so who covers the cost of the work hours , you guessed it the dealer. That's why dealers prefer to have you the customer return the Bow to the company, that way you pay the shipping the company does the work and pays the return shipping, so who looses in that case you the customer as the shipping is added to the original cost of your equipment. If the problem is caused by the user it may void the warranty but if it's repetitive due to a bad design or sub standard parts it can be aggravating as your bow goes back and forth and the you the customer racks up your shipping cost. I believe Chuck at Kodabow will pay your shipping costs making them the exception to this deception. In the end it's a rip off that our Nanny Governments could stop but won't. In the end it's deceptive and downright criminal IMO. Cactus

#16 pat57

pat57

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Ya Cactus warranty worked great for me too . I tought my self to repare darton trigger on a mission crossbow .Now for my lifetime guarantee/warranty! It will never happen again on this brand. P.S im done taking about this matter now sorry if i botherd any one.

Edited by pat57, 24 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#17 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Pat57: you didn't bother anyone, this is what CBN is all about, warning members adn expressing your views and frustrations but I agree I'm done beating this dead horse as well. Thanks again Cactus

#18 CentraPAHunter

CentraPAHunter

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Glad it got worked out, I agree that I wouldn't go on a paid or distant hunt with a compound xbow without bringing a backup.  The new Excalibur matrix would be my choice weapon if it involved traveling, especially without a backup.  With that, you'd just pack an extra string, as you can change them anywhere, yourself.

Good luck on the hunt!