• Please log in to reply

#1 Fullquiver

Fullquiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationWoodville,MI

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I've read rumors that Horton has gone belly up and closed their doors.  Anyone confirm or deny these rumors?  I heard earlier that they where in negotiations trying to sell out,  did the deal fall thru?

#2 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Where did you read this?

#3 SPECIALIZED

SPECIALIZED

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 5,340 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Talked to Horton Archery today, assured they are not out of business, requested a representative from Horton come forth and post here on Crossbow nation what exactly is taking place at Horton. Seemed receptive to idea.

Looking forward to a post from Horton

• Rob G likes this

#4 ghostgoblin22

ghostgoblin22

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

yes please, there is way too much speculation for him not too come on here

• GrizzWolf likes this

#5 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thanks SPECIALIZED

#6 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,736 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Talked to Horton Archery today, assured they are not out of business, requested a representative from Horton come forth and post here on Crossbow nation what exactly is taking place at Horton. Seemed receptive to idea.

Looking forward to a post from Horton

I'm pretty sure that was a bunch of BS they fed you.  I know they have practically laid off or fired everyone in the plant.  There are a couple of people answering their phones.  Even their online store now shows closed when you do a google search.  Yes they were definitely for sale, but nobody was willing to purchase.  Rumors are that they are going into receivership.  The writing has been on the wall for months.  

#7 ghostgoblin22

ghostgoblin22

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Damn that's no bueno, I was looking at to buy several different bows including a horton brotherhood, that's now out of the question

#8 Meister649

Meister649

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Jeff, with all due respect, there was definitely no BS given.

The rumors you speak of, are exactly that.

Saying that nobody was willing to purchase is a false statement as well.

I was an employee I was not fired nor laid off, but I am one that cannot pass up an excellent opportunity when it smacks ya in the face.

Not trying to stir anything up, feel free to delete my posts if you wish, or if you would like, you can PM me. I'm pretty sure you might have my phone number too. I'm simply posting to dispell rumors that are not true.

Once there is new news, I'm 100% sure somebody from horton will post a press release.

#9 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

We can only hope things get straightened out! I hate to hear anyone losing their jobs! Us debating bows & warrantys pales in comparision to some one meeting the mortage & paying their bills! I just do not understand why people with the "so called" inside knowledge are not being upfront with us! All anyone had to say or admit was that there were/are some issues that they are trying to work thru. Let's just hope all parties involved can get something worked out to keep the Horton name viable & people working!

#10 Jeeptag

Jeeptag

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

We can only hope things get straightened out! I hate to hear anyone losing their jobs! Us debating bows & warrantys pales in comparision to some one meeting the mortage & paying their bills! I just do not understand why people with the "so called" inside knowledge are not being upfront with us! All anyone had to say or admit was that there were/are some issues that they are trying to work thru. Let's just hope all parties involved can get something worked out to keep the Horton name viable & people working!

I agree, I hope that things work out it would be a shame to lose a company with so much history in the industry.

To the point of people with inside knowledge, in cases where businesses are up for sale, there is typically very strict confidentiality agreements in place to prevent any information from leaking out prematurely.

So, this means until their is either a press release from a prospective buyer or bankruptcy filing the only thing anyone who knows anything will say "It's business as usual." 

#11 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

So, this means until their is either a press release from a prospective buyer or bankruptcy filing the only thing anyone who knows anything will say "It's business as usual." 

I would have NO problem with business as usual! How about rumormonger? Info from the STAR? If they have inside knowlede and & cannot share it I understand that BUT attacking fellow members accusing them of a witch hunt is NOT cool! Their attacks ONLY fueled the fire!!

Edited by Tim50, 30 April 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#12 xbowguy

xbowguy

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • LocationN.E. Ohio

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Jeff, with all due respect, there was definitely no BS given.

The rumors you speak of, are exactly that.

Saying that nobody was willing to purchase is a false statement as well.

I was an employee I was not fired nor laid off, but I am one that cannot pass up an excellent opportunity when it smacks ya in the face.

Not trying to stir anything up, feel free to delete my posts if you wish, or if you would like, you can PM me. I'm pretty sure you might have my phone number too. I'm simply posting to dispell rumors that are not true.

Once there is new news, I'm 100% sure somebody from horton will post a press release.

Would you please shed some more light then? The only mention of a rumor by UL is that they are going into receivership. Only other option is that the company has sold, has a pending buyer or is closing the doors.

The statements made about having no one willing to buy to date is correct. Just because a few came to the front door to look and see or showed interest is not a false statement and because they did not buy means they were not willing doesn't it?

The facts are that most all personnel have been let go or laid off and that many vendors have not been paid. Tax issues as well. I have personl friends that are suppliers that have not been paid for products they supplied months ago. I do know that at this point if you dont have bodies in the factory building crossbows NOW then you really are not going to have much of anything to ship in the coming months and soon after it is too late to supply the industry.

Why are you no longer working there and how current is your info? What position did you have while there?

#13 GrizzWolf

GrizzWolf

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, Indiana

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Vultures picking, bickering over the bones... look, guys... I think some of us are getting caught up in "technicalities" here... Jagger said as of yesterday, the day before, etc., that Horton was not in receivership or closed for business. On those days that was true. He did not say it might not happen today or any time in the future. The TRUTH is pure... it stands FREE and independent of rumors, opinions, little "technicalities." If something hapoens at Horton, it happens, no one is trying to hide that or is engaged in some "covert INSIDER mission" to protect Horton to the detriment of ANYONE HERE. There are things called "NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS," etc. There is no underhanded reason to keep info from anyone here as insinuated by some. And as for "insider" info... I am GLAD when ANYONE on the inside is willing to share anything that will help me or others. Jager is the real deal and doesn't B.S. anyone. If you don't want to believe that, then don't. This forum really shouldn't some pissing match for a bunch of guys to get all puffy and bump chests like a couple of gaming cocks, for cripe's sake. Chill out with the ego mania... most of us here don't want to see Horton fail... and personally, if they fall down I hope they get back up. What happens to them could happen to any one of us... at any moment we are all one accident away from disaster, one recession away from bankruptcy... one terror attack away from devastating tragedy... do we really want to spend so much personal energy getting so worked up over a crossbow or a crossbow manufacturer? I love... LOVE my crossbows probably more than the average guy and you all KNOW I LOVE Horton Archery as a company... but sometimes life kicks you in the nuts... you either lay there and cry or get back up fighting. If the word comes that Horton is down then I'll be unhappy, but I'll still use my Horton bows and if one breaks I will find a way to fix it or I'll buy something else. This is the reality in which we live. I, for one, refuse to take part in this thread anymore because it has devolved into a finger-pointing ego fest that us HELPING no one. Someone do me a favor, when, IF real news of Horton failing comes down the pipe would you kindly please start a NEW, productive thread designed to HELP Horton bow owners who might need warranty repairs, etc.? This thread is toxic. Just my opinion, feel free to rake me over the coals for it... I don't really give two $h+!$.
  • Stalker, Blunderbuss and bobbyd1947 like this

#14 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Vultures picking, bickering over the bones...

I think it is more people tired of geting half truths! It is what it is! No need to attack ANYONE! Questions were asked that maybe there are no answers for AT THIS TIME! But attempts to fluff everything off as rumormongers is not correct either! If questions are asked address the questions NOT the member or his/her crediability! The only crediability on here that I see needs questioned are the people trying to convince us all is well!

If you do not have answers to the questions don't attack the member asking the question! I would LOVE to have all these so called rumors proved wrong!! AND I HOPE THEY ARE!!
  • Boo likes this

#15 xbowguy

xbowguy

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • LocationN.E. Ohio

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Feel better now?  That was a waste of time with nothing at all brought to the table.

The FACT is they are in TROUBLE.  I don't believe any of us have said anything other than that.

#16 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Feel better now?  That was a waste of time with nothing at all brought to the table.

The FACT is they are in TROUBLE.  I don't believe any of us have said anything other than that.

Exactly! I can understand ardent Horton fans & supporters NOT wanting to hear the issues that have been brought up here! BUT to purposly mislead the bow buying public serves no purpose. If all were well at Horton someone from the company should have stepped up & dispelled our questions as rumors! FACTS from people with direct ties to the situation. The defence of Horton would not have fallen to ex-employees & tunnelvisioned Fanboys. If nothing can be said because of ongoing issues isn't that better than name calling & blind loyality? I for one hope all is well & can get straightened out not only for the customers of Horton but more impotrantly those people who depend on Horton for their livelyhood! There is no shame in asking a question or NOT having an honest answer to that question!  

#17 xbowguy

xbowguy

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • LocationN.E. Ohio

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Tim

Just an update.  There is a report on AT that the doors have been closed for what that is worth.  YUP that would be a rumor but here is a fact.  No one answers the phone today because the parking lot is empty.  No vehicles yesterday afternoon or today in the Horton parking lot.  I have a storage center near by that I have been cleaning out and I have to drive by their facility.

No matter what the outcome, I only hope that ALL those Horton crossbow users can get service and warranty work from someone somewhere.

• Guide Girl likes this

#18 ghostgoblin22

ghostgoblin22

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Tim

Just an update.  There is a report on AT that the doors have been closed for what that is worth.  YUP that would be a rumor but here is a fact.  No one answers the phone today because the parking lot is empty.  No vehicles yesterday afternoon or today in the Horton parking lot.  I have a storage center near by that I have been cleaning out and I have to drive by their facility.

No matter what the outcome, I only hope that ALL those Horton crossbow users can get service and warranty work from someone somewhere.

wow, hmm well lets see what happens, guy on there fb page said there parking lot was empty as well, i hope this is all speculation..i wonder why this all unfolded, they were a top notch crossbow company

#19 pigfoot63

pigfoot63

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationGainesville, GA.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

All I know is I've sent e-mails and called several times about purchasing a new stock for my Havoc and have no reply. Glad this is my backup bow.

#20 Chameleon

Chameleon

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

..i wonder why this all unfolded, they were a top notch crossbow company

If I had to guess  " 2012 FURY"  

• Blunderbuss likes this