HORTON ZOMBIE RIP SCOPE PACKAGE

• Please log in to reply

#1 deerslayer77

deerslayer77

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I picked up four, Zombie RIP scope package crossbows this week at Woodbury Outfitters in Jeffersonville, OH. I only paid $179.99 each!  All of which do not have the vibration dampening kit but do have the revised riser. I will be giving them to my kids to use for whitetail hunting this fall. I have not assembled any of them, but before I do, I just thought that I would ask you guys and gals for your advice.

I shot one at the store with the supplied BoneCollector arrows, 100gn. field point and it was suprisingly loud. I plan on slowing down the release with 125gn. points to start. Also, I will be using a silicon based rail lube and only lightly wax the string and buss strands.

If you have any do's or don't's when it comes to shooting, assembling or maintaining the bow, I would appreciate the feedback. Anything issue that I can avoid will save me 4 times the time and cost in repairs. 

Thanks in advance

#2 Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

The brotherhood line hasn't had the inserts since the first year. No worries there. Make sure you watch the cams as they had a tendency to seize up and cause limb failure. Willie at woodbury is familiar with the issue. A good limb tuner will help. At least it's not as loud as the TRT Ultralite. Good luck with them.

#3 lastinline

lastinline

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

how does a cam sieze up? the rail is synthetic i thought on those. do they need lube? 

#4 Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

The cam (wheels) sets on an axle. There is some problems where the cam binds to the axle and causes torque on the limbs. Keep them lubricated.

#5 deerslayer77

deerslayer77

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Cam axles lubrication is part of my PM but I will make sure to oil them up front. Anybody having great success their arrow/broadhead combination in any Brotherhood bow?