• Please log in to reply

#1 Guide Girl

Guide Girl

Obsessed Huntress

• Members
  • 5,641 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Well, grandson LIL KILLER came to grandpa and grandmas and had a buck down in 15 minutes this morning. Got it all on film for him to load on YOUTUBE so he can drive his parents and friends nuts watching it 50 times a week.

Some hunters are just so lucky aren't they? Start them young. It is excellent for them to learn early.

Aidans Buck 016.JPG

LIL KILLERS 2nd Buck with grandma and grandpa (2013)

Aidans Hog 005.JPG

LIL KILLERS 1st hog with grandpa and grandma.

He shot a boar his next hunt but I don't know where the photo is. He thinks he is always going to shoot something when he hunts with us. (spoiled? going to be a disappointment in the future when he realizes that is not normal.)

• Urban Legend likes this

#2 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

You've created a lifetime hunter. Kudos to you.

• Guide Girl likes this

#3 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,207 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Great photo's!! I'll bet your smile was JUST as big!!! Congrats!

#4 Gabowman

Gabowman

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Very Cool! Now you know LIL KILLER cant wait to get back to grandpas and grandmas house. Congrats to all you guys.:)

#5 maad

maad

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

It's so great whin you can take a kid along hunting or fishing and they get something it's more fun than getting it yourself.
Congratulations LIL KILLER on a fine buck, congrats grandpa and grandma too nice job!
  • Guide Girl likes this

#6 short arrow shooter

short arrow shooter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Locationjennings, oklahoma

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

great buck LIL KILLER could'nt wipe that smile off his face for nothing great job grandma and grandpa .

#7 Deerhunter34

Deerhunter34

• Members
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

I love to see kids enjoying the sport! Congrats L'll Killer!

#8 lovetohunt

lovetohunt

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

That's just really awesome. I don't have grandkids yet (and better not have any for a very long time...lol) I have two daughters, their 11 and 9. My 11 year old got 4 deer last year when she was 10. My 9 yr old got her 1st deer this year when she was 8... just a month before turning 9. All deer were taken with a crossbow.
To see kids out there enjoying the outdoors... well it always brings a smile to my face. For the kids... well those are moments they will cherish forever. And it also gives them a trail in the direction of how to raise their kids. There is nothing as pure as enjoying time with kids outdoors. Wether it be hunting, fishing, camping, ect... in the outdoors we rely on eachother to make the day memorable. Its quality time without the aid of TV, theaters, shopping malls, electronics, ect. The best and most cherished memories are those created in the outdoors.
My 11 year old got deer on her first three trips hunting. She had to work for the fourth. So far this year she's only gotten one. But its actually not as hard on her coming home empty handed as you may think. Cause every day in the woods she learns something new, which in turn makes her a better hunter. Plus success is not measured by the quantity of game... but instead is measured by how you compose yourself... a responsible and respectful hunter of nature, others, and the woods... well that's success. So if your grandson gets discouraged when he returns home without a tagged animal, just remind him that he still had a successful day and that he's still not coming home empty handed cause he gained some special memories that can be cherished forever.
Good luck to you and your grandson. And thank you for taking a child hunting and teaching him how to enjoy life.
Have a safe, great, and wonderful Thanksgiving.
Sincerely and respectfully,
lovetohunt
Richard

Edited by lovetohunt, 28 November 2013 - 11:11 AM.

• Guide Girl likes this

#9 Guide Girl

Guide Girl

Obsessed Huntress

• Members
  • 5,641 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Well, he went back out that evening and shot a doe too. So I think he's a bit spoiled about his hunting with us, since he always seems to get lucky but doesn't have the same luck with his dad and his own bow. LOL! Oh well, the lesson is coming someday. In the meantime, we will all just enjoy his adventures. Some poor folks, his other grandparents mainly, will have to endure his youtube videos over and over and over.

He did however, shoot under a buck Friday morning but going home with two deer already made it better.

Aidans Doe 007.JPG

#10 bobbyd1947

bobbyd1947

• Members
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

He is a natural born hunter.

• Guide Girl likes this

#11 loneranger

loneranger

• Members
  • 195 posts