Mission 400 for 2014?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

#1 eric waldron

eric waldron

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Has anyone else heard that Mission will be releasing a new 400 for 2014? Is this rumor or fact?

My wife will probably shoot me, but I'm in if it becomes available!

#2 xbowone

xbowone

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCow Town USA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

There's also talk of a folding foot stirrup for those who don't like mission without a Stirrup .

#3 jackpine

jackpine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hi Eric,

Last week I was told by the Mathews dealer I buy from that he was going to the Mathews trade show this Tuesday and Wednesday.  He indicated he'd be checking on what's new in their crossbow line as soon as he got there.  So I suspect the word will be out tomorrow or maybe the day after. 

And, it's a bow I'm interested in also so I contacted Mission perhaps a month ago and was informed they were going to keep everything close to their vests until the middle of December.  It seems they (Mathews/Mission) are always secretive about new products and he wouldn't be specific about a 400 fps bow.  A HINT maybe, but nothing specific.  My guess is that it will be released very soon. 

So, until I hear from my dealer it's still a rumor for me at least although it's possible someone at the show already passed some information along to the general public.  In any case it seems there should be something definitive very soon.  I'm hoping tomorrow.

Got a big stocking hung by the fireplace?  Better hide your guns just to be safe.

Edited by jackpine, 10 December 2013 - 11:22 PM.

• twentynine likes this

#4 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

My dealer told me months ago that a MXB 400 would be released in 2014, he's also going to the show and I will check with him next week. Hopefully they use the 320 adjustable stock and the automatic safety as well. First I've heard of a folding foot stirrup, but hey everything is possible. We'll wait and see. Thornsitting SelfCentered Cactus 

#5 eric waldron

eric waldron

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

The 320 stock, a foot stirrup, and the safety system would make the perfect xbow in my book. I hope they can keep it light and tight and still get the speed. But I better start squirreling away some $$$ cause this will probably be my last one.

I have looked hard at the new Razor, but just can't wrap my arms around it. Don't know why but it just strikes me as like a kid having the latest new fancy touch screen cell phone, that has the Internet with every bell and whistle possible to include a 350 page instruction book.

Must be because I'm a grumpy old man. Don't know if it is the knife or the hidden storage compartment in the stock. I wonder if they considered a built in coffee thermos and a small screen TV?

I hope Mission just sticks to a good solid hunting platform with this. Cause I might be old, but I can still carry my pack loaded with possibles without it being attached to my bow.

#6 Cossack

Cossack

Incurable Tinkerer

• Members
  • 3,569 posts
  • LocationNo MN

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Just got the 320 so I'm not in the market for something new. With three other bows, in addition to a bunch of long guns and hand cannons on had, - plus a one deer limit hereabouts - I'll concentrate  on using the 320 rather than getting new.

#7 pinshooter

pinshooter

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMount Airy, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

According to whats posted on AT from some thats at the show, the 360 with auto safety and adjustable stock, 400 the same build and a 340 model that uses 20" arrows.  Maybe they will get the website updated soon. 

#8 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

I heard they may also add a stirrup of some type!

#9 Loosenuts

Loosenuts

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Looks like Mission bows are great and many seem happy with these when reading.

I'm definitely interested in it if it shoots around 400 fps and is good quality?

What can you expect for the price roughly?

But do not know when you can buy these in europe? Do not think you can ship from United States to Sweden as an private person?

#10 pinshooter

pinshooter

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMount Airy, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Tim, I heard the same thing

Loosenuts, 400 is supposed to be like the 360, both with the 320 upgrades (adjustable stock and auto safety).  No one knows a price but I suspect a good bit over $1000, would shock me if its not since the 360 is now $899 and $999 for bare bow.  Don't know on shipping time either.  All questions that might not get answered for a while. 

#11 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Loosenuts: I've shipped Vertical Compounds to Spain, France, England, Holland and arrows to Norway, Denmark as well as a Compound to Lithuania, all were successful, so if you want a Mission I'm willing to ship one to you. Now remember the shipping is slow as the cheapest is by boat, airmail is really expensive. We add insurance to cover the cost of the Bow. ThornSitting SelfCentered Cactus

#12 pinshooter

pinshooter

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMount Airy, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Not the best of videos but here is the 340 and 400

http://www.youtube.c...ta&noredirect=1

http://www.youtube.c...ta&noredirect=1

• Drew1875 likes this

#13 jackpine

jackpine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Whoa!!.  Better than I expected.  Looks like Mission has knocked it out of the park.  A bow for almost every preference. 

Thanks for the post.

#14 pinshooter

pinshooter

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMount Airy, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

I think they are going to sell pretty good next year. 

#15 xbowone

xbowone

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCow Town USA

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

According to whats posted on AT from some thats at the show, the 360 with auto safety and adjustable stock, 400 the same build and a 340 model that uses 20" arrows.  Maybe they will get the website updated soon.

What weight arrow do they rate their speed from?.

#16 Cactus

Cactus

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

XBowone: Their present Bows (360 & 320) are rated with a 400 grain arrow, I would assume that the 340 & 400 are based on a 400 grain as well. ThornSitting SelfCentered Cactus

#17 jim hanes

jim hanes

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

looks like the cutout is larger also,, that would be a big plus when loading and unloading a bolt, not to mention BH clearance.

#18 pinshooter

pinshooter

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMount Airy, NC

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yeah I assume its a 400gr arrow since the other bows are and yes it looks like a bigger cutout to me too.  Only thing I wonder about is if its heavier on the front than the previous versions.  They needed it though, that small cutout was a flaw and I'm glad they are listening to the shooters 

#19 xbowone

xbowone

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCow Town USA

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Thanks all for your answers and input on arrow weight ,so much better on 400 grain rating .I would like to see 400 grain weight used by all
Crossbow companies.The 350-360 grain rating is not a normal hunting weight set up its like a false speedrating just get us to buy their bows.

#20 pinshooter

pinshooter

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMount Airy, NC

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Agreed, anything below 400gr is a not a good estimate. According to this link the 400 is $1300 but it doesn't say if thats bare bow, package, camo or tactical

http://outdoorx4.com...o.OJ4c9jyf.dpbs