• Please log in to reply

#21 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,736 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

Just to clear things up a little.  The press release is a little misleading.  The parent company that owns Bowtech has also purchased Excalibur.  So both companies are now owned by the same parent company.  Both companies will also remain as there own identities.  However, each company will take it's strong points, and share with the other to make both stronger players in the crossbow market.

- See more at: http://www.crossbown...h.16kROq3G.dpuf

#22 Tim50

Tim50

• Members
  • 4,882 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Just to clear things up a little.  The press release is a little misleading.  The parent company that owns Bowtech has also purchased Excalibur.  So both companies are now owned by the same parent company.  Both companies will also remain as there own identities.  However, each company will take it's strong points, and share with the other to make both stronger players in the crossbow market.
- See more at: http://www.crossbown...h.16kROq3G.dpuf[/size]

UL you are correct it is VERY misleading! The release was from Bowtech with their logo & their CEO's name & was very clear that Bowtech acquired Excal. There was no mention of a separate but equal type of arrangement and if that is what it is would not that be considered a Partnership not an acquisition? I guess we will have to see how this plays out but Bowtech's history of limb issues & industry leading POOR customer service precedes it!

#23 jmarobic

jmarobic

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

UL you are correct it is VERY misleading! The release was from Bowtech with their logo & their CEO's name & was very clear that Bowtech acquired Excal. There was no mention of a separate but equal type of arrangement and if that is what it is would not that be considered a Partnership not an acquisition? I guess we will have to see how this plays out but Bowtech's history of limb issues & industry leading POOR customer service precedes it!

Bowtech is off to a great start, lol....

#24 Scottyj

Scottyj

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationWest Bend, WI

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

I'm so glad I bought a scorpyd ventilator. My dad has the vortex and the matrix 355. He is not too happy about this. Bowtech doesn't back their products like Mathews does.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

#25 DaveShooter

DaveShooter

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'll say it like I did on Excalibur forum web site

Excalibur-YES

Bowtech-No thankyou

Bill T has the right to sale his company to the Dogs

I just hope this doesn't come back to bite him in the A$$!!!!!

Folks only time will tell!!!!!!

#26 Masterhunter

Masterhunter

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Excalibur has always stood behind their products with excellent products and customer service. These are the reasons I would continue to be a loyal customer and I have only positive things to say about how great their customer service. I hope they maintain their high standards that their reputation was built on or their sales will suffer.

#27 Excalibur

Excalibur

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'm curious to why Bill and Kathy sold it.

#28 AlinCT

AlinCT

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

I'm curious to why Bill and Kathy sold it.

I think Bill T had a post on the Excal forum about the why of it.    Found the post and will past it here.  Please note that this was an old post from 2010.  Hope that it's ok to put it up here.

"

Re: Excalibur sold?

icon_post_target.gifby Bill T » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 am

It's amazing how rumors get around, but in this case there is at least some truth to the rumors. Kath and I have been making crossbows almost 28 years, we are in our mid-late 50s and we realize that if we don't start an exit stratagy we'll be doing this well into our 60s or later. We also realize that as a pair of hicks who started from scratch rural Ontario, we are well over our heads as far as the rapid expansion of the crossbow business is concerned and we are totally lost as far as starting a US arm of Excalibur (a necessary next step in the growth of the company). To address both of these issues we have brought in a US partner with considerable experience in growing companies in our situation and with the long term plan of personally fading out of the day to day operations of Excalibur over the next years. Kath and I remain significant owners of Excalibur, and we intend to be there indefinitly to guide the fundamental design and direction of the company. To squash the fear and misinformation that is getting around I should let you know that the company has NO plans of leaving our present manufacturing facility in Kitchener. We have a great bunch of employees and we do a heck of a job there so we'll keep doing what we are good at. From the outside there will be no changes regarding product or service, the company will simply be better poised to deal with new crossbow opportunities as they arise and if anything the quality and value that Excalibur is famous for will only get better."

• MI Yeti and rusticbob like this

#29 Ramjet

Ramjet

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationNE Wisconsin

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

This is not uncommon in business what if god forbid they had 100% control and got ill or something along that line what would happen. This is long term planning and smart.

#30 AlinCT

AlinCT

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Ramjet- I agree with you.

#31 ghostgoblin22

ghostgoblin22

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

This is not uncommon in business what if god forbid they had 100% control and got ill or something along that line what would happen. This is long term planning and smart.

yep 100% agree, people cant think outside, the hardcore excalibur users are so blind in their own agendas they are not looking at the big picture...in time this whole subject will be an after thought and excalibur will go on, the name itself will sell..and the simplicity of the recurve crossbow will always be around

#32 Excalibur

Excalibur

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

I think Bill T had a post on the Excal forum about the why of it.    Found the post and will past it here.  Please note that this was an old post from 2010.  Hope that it's ok to put it up here.

"

Re: Excalibur sold?

icon_post_target.gifby Bill T » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 am

It's amazing how rumors get around, but in this case there is at least some truth to the rumors. Kath and I have been making crossbows almost 28 years, we are in our mid-late 50s and we realize that if we don't start an exit stratagy we'll be doing this well into our 60s or later. We also realize that as a pair of hicks who started from scratch rural Ontario, we are well over our heads as far as the rapid expansion of the crossbow business is concerned and we are totally lost as far as starting a US arm of Excalibur (a necessary next step in the growth of the company). To address both of these issues we have brought in a US partner with considerable experience in growing companies in our situation and with the long term plan of personally fading out of the day to day operations of Excalibur over the next years. Kath and I remain significant owners of Excalibur, and we intend to be there indefinitly to guide the fundamental design and direction of the company. To squash the fear and misinformation that is getting around I should let you know that the company has NO plans of leaving our present manufacturing facility in Kitchener. We have a great bunch of employees and we do a heck of a job there so we'll keep doing what we are good at. From the outside there will be no changes regarding product or service, the company will simply be better poised to deal with new crossbow opportunities as they arise and if anything the quality and value that Excalibur is famous for will only get better."

cool....thanks for posting this... :)