Wisconsin Crossbow Federation

• Please log in to reply

#1 j3cub

j3cub

Moderator of Wisconsin Crossbow Association

• Moderators
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

In keeping with the American Crossbow Federation the Wisconsin Crossbow Association has changed its name to the Wisconsin Crossbow Federation. We have appointed a board of directors and plan to have meeting schedule soon. Our web site is still in the building stage. People wishing more information can contact me. When you join the American Crossbow Federation you have the option of joining the state organization at the same time.

I would be very interested in hearing from any archery range who would be willing to accept members who shoot crossbows. I would be delighted to list your range facilities on our web PAGE....

#2 Lscha

Lscha

Michigan Crossbow Federation Moderator

• Members
  • 2,467 posts
  • LocationMichigan's Thumb

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

Congratulations!! Let us know how this progresses.

#3 TBrom

TBrom

Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation Moderator

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

Please let us know when you have the website completed so I can link you to the PA Federations site. I feel your growing pains. It's a long drawn out process but will be well worth it in the end. If there's anything you need from the PA Crossbow Federation let us know and we'll try to help you out. Good Luck! :)

#4 Redclub

Redclub

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

I just recently purchased a Spiderweb X-Bow target from an officer at North Fon du lac Archers and he said crossbows are welcome on there ranges
http://www.archerygo...quaretfarm.com/

Redclub

#5 DJH

DJH

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:21 AM

Good to see you are getting the ball rolling. I have been getting calls from people who wnat to get involved. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Email me directly at bowtwang@charter.net. Thanks and Happy New Year. It's going to be a great one for our side.

#6 awshucks

awshucks

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

Say hey there DJH! Always glad to see you on line! Suspect you are really busy w/ all the new members w/ Pa, Tx, and 1/2Mi going full inc last year!

Keep up the good work, we xbowers owe a lot to the ACF, I know Ar had them a long time before the ACF came into being, but it's been a boon to the new states inc!

The magazine alone is worth the price of admission! Kudo's buddy!

#7 radebaugh03

radebaugh03

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

Say hey there DJH! Always glad to see you on line! Suspect you are really busy w/ all the new members w/ Pa, Tx, and 1/2Mi going full inc last year!

Keep up the good work, we xbowers owe a lot to the ACF, I know Ar had them a long time before the ACF came into being, but it's been a boon to the new states inc!

The magazine alone is worth the price of admission! Kudo's buddy!

Ditto to all that awshucks said!
Look forward to a meet up some day.
J.R. in Cashmere, WA.

#8 j3cub

j3cub

Moderator of Wisconsin Crossbow Association

• Moderators
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

The Deer and turkey sports show will be held in the Alliance Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin on April 9th. through 11th. Members of the WCF and ACF will be manning a booth there, so hope to see Wisconsin members or those who wish to join there. Things are moving along, if slowly, with the web pages nearly completed, new logo, shirts, hats, and other things to get a local membership federation started. Wisconsin has two crossbow organizations. Ours, Wisconsin Crossbow Federation and Wisconsincrossbowhunters. Both were started by Wisconsin Conservation Congress members who were not happy by the process which prevents any movement towards getting the law changed to allow crossbows in the archery season. I think those members of the Wisconsin Bowhunters who appose crossbows are getting worried. Already we are hearing from archers both within WBH and non-WBH members who are tired of the debate and would like to see crossbows allowed. I noticed when I am manning tables for SCI, for example, I will have some guy come up and complain about crossbows, but then several other people come up and say, "my old man, got a crossbow and I tried it out. I see no problem with them." or "I hunted all the time, then I got married and got a few kids, and next thing I know, I don't have any time to practice. Crossbow would be just the thing for me." The WBH people are saying the whole crossbow thing is being driven by the big money in the crossbow industry. Well I have not see any of it. so if anyone out there knows of one of the Crossbow mfg wants to give money to a new 501 © (3) let me know. Just as I thought, the WBH people don't know what they are talking about.

#9 Branchboy

Branchboy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

j3cub, I will see you there. Would like to get some info on joining. I'm a 30yr old with a muscle disorder in my upper body and my bow draw is only 26lb's so for that reason I have a class A permit. I'm so adicted to bow hunting and if it wasn't for the crossbow, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the peace and quite of bowhunting. I plan on attending that show and a couple of the seminars on that Saturday. I have friends that said they don't see a reason not to allow the use of them by all hunters.

#10 Archer

Archer

Banned

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

See ya there.

#11 Hurricane

Hurricane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationCameron Wisconsin

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

Has there been any update on information on the Wisconsin Crossbow Federation since February??? Am VERY interested in joining, sent an inquiry to J3cub, but to date have received no reply. Can anyone else fill me in on what is going on with the group? Is it alive or dead??? Thanks in advance.-------------------------------------------

'Cane

#12 LoveLabs

LoveLabs

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

Has there been any update on information on the Wisconsin Crossbow Federation since February??? Am VERY interested in joining, sent an inquiry to J3cub, but to date have received no reply. Can anyone else fill me in on what is going on with the group? Is it alive or dead??? Thanks in advance.-------------------------------------------

'Cane

Good question. I still don't see a website.

#13 Hurricane

Hurricane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationCameron Wisconsin

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Guess it's up and running....

WCF