Sling Carry....

• Please log in to reply

#1 AlexG.

AlexG.

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Va.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

I posted this same question(post on the TenPoint site, but wanted to get opinions from here as well.
Okay, so this season is my first with my Titan HLX and for that matter carrying a xbow into the woods. My question is about carrying methods.
What is the normal method for carrying your xbow into the woods? I have a sling on mine but have noticed that with the quiver attached I cannot carry the xbow with the limbs up, because the sling interferes with the arrows in the quiver. So I have to carry it with the limbs facing down. Without the quiver installed then its not a problem and I can carry it right side up.... but that sort of defeats the purpose of having the quiver mount now doesnt it?

Thanks
Alex

#2 coyote170

coyote170

Banned

• Banned
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

Check with Moon he has the solution to your problem!

#3 AlexG.

AlexG.

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Va.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

Yep... I saw Moon's set up thanks

#4 sandbur

sandbur

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

Yep... I saw Moon's set up thanks

Newbie here, and I am trying to find moon's solution or if anyone else has new ideas.

#5 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

A couple photos showing where the rear stud is mounted for carrying the crossbow in bow down position. Makes carrying crossbows a breeze. Leave the front stud where it is.
I'm also posting a photo of an older Ten Point showing where I mount the quiver using the Kwikee Hi Riser bracket and 3 arrow quiver. Required drilling 2 small holes in the thick webbing of the riser. I'm also working on a bottom mount using the factory quiver mounting holes.

Attached Images

• 542.jpg
  • 536.jpg
  • Phantom.jpg

Edited by Moon, 21 March 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#6 sandbur

sandbur

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

A couple photos showing where the rear stud is mounted for carrying the crossbow in bow down position. Makes carrying crossbows a breeze. Leave the front stud where it is.
I'm also posting a photo of an older Ten Point showing where I mount the quiver using the Kwikee Hi Riser bracket and 3 arrow quiver. Required drilling 2 small holes in the thick webbing of the riser. I'm also working on a bottom mount using the factory quiver mounting holes.

Thank you , moon. The help is very much appreciated!

#7 agingcrossbower

agingcrossbower

advanced member

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • LocationEast Central Wi.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

Yes, Moon thanks for posting your idea's. :thumbsu:

#8 721589

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationGentry, Arkansas

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

Make it three moon. great ideas. I will be changing my tenpoint oven when it comes back for summer PM's
Jim

#9 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

I've been ribbed by a certain gentleman ( I tend to use the term loosely :P )at Ten Point about drilling holes in crossbows. I can't help it. If Ten Point would put those holes in the right place, I could put my drill away. :D Only kidding. Great folks and great crossbows for sure.

Edited by Moon, 27 March 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#10 mopar1969

mopar1969

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Does'nt the string hit the riser bracket when you fire?

#11 Moon

Moon

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

For some crossbows, a 3/16" thick aluminum spacer plate will be needed to raise the bracket out of the string's path. A hack saw, drill and file is all that is needed......other than the aluminum, which can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.