View New Content Mark all as read |  

quad 400 limbs splintering

• Please log in to reply

#1 macbe

macbe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

just checked my buddies limbs today,4 season old,limbs are starting to splinter ,not a very happy hunter,we have one week left here in pa.and we were finishing the season in maryland.now he's screwed.

#2 Hunter2

Hunter2

• Members
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

It seems that Barnett is not the only one having limb problems, it seems Parker is also. Hunter2

#3 StoredEnergy

StoredEnergy

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

Barnett limbs from that time frame have repeatably had delamination problems. This was a significant reason why the company almost (technically did) went belly up three years ago.

I am sure Barnett will warranty the limbs but it does mean the bow is out of commission in the short term.

#4 Guest_vixenmaster_*

Guest_vixenmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

Sorry to hear that the 4 yr old CB is coming apart on him. Some good CB companys out there. I have one thats like new at 11 yrs old

#5 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

mac -

Have you called Barnett .???

Mike

#6 xbowguy

xbowguy

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • LocationN.E. Ohio

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:28 AM

How bad is the split? Can you post a picture? Do you mean split as is all the way down the limb or in two? Believe it or not pending the actual damage and if the issue is on the compression side of the limb a little tape just may get you through the season.

#7 macbe

macbe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:59 AM

sorry no picture,seen it sat. after coming out of the woods,so no call was made to barnett yet he's calling them monday.the limbs have hairline cracks,like you would have run a knife down them.the right limb on the inside started to splinter it's not in half,it about 1" long and less than the thickness of a toothpick.just don't want the thing blowing apart on the guy.

#8 kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

last I knew, Barnett was only putting 1 year warranties on their stuff; not sure if yours falls under that category, but I would most definitely call/email them and give them as many details as possible about the problem/condition and see what they are willing to do; even if you have to pay the shipping it will cost much less than purchasing a new crossbow;

on a separate note...I was highly considering a Barnett C-5 Wildcat, but when I heard they only offered 1 year warranty (the entire xbow) I switched to an Eastman X Force 300 DX; they offer for warranty: limbs -- 5 years; riser -- 10 years; frame, trigger assembly -- 10 years; found out they are manufactured by Darton so I hope I got a good one; I really like the overall feel and balance of the Barnett C-5...just wish they were backed with a better warranty

#9 macbe

macbe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

my buddy took it back to kinsleys on monday,should have new limbs by friday,or sat.he told me they had bad ones from other guys laying everywhere.i'm glad he's gotten it taken care of.

#10 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

kmr -

For what it's worth...despite their refusal to "print" a longer warranty...they seem to be willing to honor problems WELL past one year..!
Like for me..almost 4 years..!

Mike

#11 BarnettXBows

BarnettXBows

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Please call me at 1800-237-4507. Ask for Matt.

#12 macbe

macbe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

he's on his way to pickup his crossbow,they got it back together so he will be back out tomorrow for our last day. i left him borrow my excalibur yesteday and he fell in love with it.had to pry it out of his hands lastnite.lol.