Ten Point Laser

• Please log in to reply

#1 chase

chase

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

I've been wearing the pages of the Ten Point catalog out trying to make a decision. I noticed the Laser appears to have most of the features of the Phantom and at about half the price. It has an aluminum rail/barrel, a nice riser, not as machined as the Phantom but besides the price difference its half a pound less also. Secondary thumb safety...Axle to axle is a bit wider though and less speed but I have to admit half the price really catches my attention. I like top of the line stuff, but I'm having a hard time justifying a $2000 crossbow when there are some real nice bows out there for alot less money and still with a lifetime warranty and American made. Anyways, what are some opinions and experiences with the Laser? How wide is this crossbow while cocked? Thanks gang, I promise I'll buy one and end all of my decision making questions..:cool:

#2 rgarey77

rgarey77

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

Its a very nice crossbow and like you I like top of the line to but let reason come in $2000 you can get a crossbow and some.The Lazer HP is very fast accurate and perfectly made crossbow I have to disagree with you on the riser It's precisely machined the only thing I don't like is the limb locking bolts (the circular metal bolts on top the riser) they'll rust fast and all the metal already around the cams and limb tips that was enough I know other brands don't use limb locking bolts and have no problem but every thing else is an A+.The width is fine considering I have a excalibur I would also get an ACU d-50 they load faster and you get a little excercise. Phantom CLS-S you can get for $1600 now it has a slim down package ACU,scope,three arrows,quiver I lean more toward because its full camo.P-343,L-313 fps I have to make my mind up to.:)

Edited by rgarey77, 07 February 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#3 ezmoover

ezmoover

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

If you're looking for a bow in the TenPoint line that shares Phantom-like characteristics, but at a lower price, then you probably should be testing out the Defender or wait til your local pro shop brings in the new Turbo.

I have the TP ProElite HP, which is very similar to the Lazer, although it's a bit faster (333fps) and a bit heavier. The Lazer is a very fine bow. Perfect hunting speed @ 313 and with a good arrow setup, will be incredibly accurate. However, it is not a CLS design and not really very similar at all to the Phantom. The Defenders and Turbos can be had at pro shops for $900 and up. I routinely see new Defenders sell on eBay auctions for ~$750+.

edit to add: BTW, just noticed that Urban Legend put his Phantom up for sale here in the classifieds... $1050 + shipping.

Edited by ezmoover, 07 February 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#4 chase

chase

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

The Turbo doesn't share the aluminum barrel with the Phantom, its the same material as the stock, they are actually one I believe.

#5 ezmoover

ezmoover

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

The Turbo doesn't share the aluminum barrel with the Phantom, its the same material as the stock, they are actually one I believe.

That's correct. The same Verton stock and barrel setup that's on the HLX.

However, you mentioned an interest in the Phantom but without the high price. The Lazer is not part of this CLS line (completely different limbs, pocket, riser and cams), but the Defender and Turbo are. And at a much lower price. That's why I mentioned them.

#6 TurboXLT

TurboXLT

Industry Professional

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

This year we are offering the phantom with a "skinny" package. Comes with 3 arrows, Pro-View scope, quiver and choice of acu draw or acu draw 50. The price starts at $1599 and goes up to $1699. You might wat to check that out.

Edited by TurboXLT, 08 February 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#7 CrossbowBill

CrossbowBill

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

I went from the TL4 to the Lazer, a nice change. Like you said the money diff. is something to think about.

#8 jeffhunter1

jeffhunter1

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

Take a good hard look at the Defender CLS,It is an excellent crossbow!

#9 Gimmy

Gimmy

Getting More Senior By The Minute Member

• Members
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationLSU TIGER COUNTRY

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

I have the Lazer HP with the Accudraw and I love it. The first selling point for me was the thumb safety. Secondly, being a 65 year young lady, was the need for the Accudraw. The first xbow I ever picked up I wrapped my fingers around it and the salesperson told me immediately what would happen. I didn't realize that I had my fingers on the rail. I tried the Lazer and with the thumb safety I found it comfortable and balanced. After shooting it, I would settle for nothing else. My hubby said he would get me the Lazer stickily for the extra safety. I love the feel and have confidence in this bows accuracy.

Edited by Gimmymac, 03 March 2010 - 07:37 PM.