Parker String Suppressors

• Please log in to reply

#1 Tornado HD

Tornado HD

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

I'm going to have my Parker Tornado with the string suppressors retested and after I do I will give a update. Both with and without the string suppresorrs.

When I pick-up my bow it was already set-up with then on. They had a chrono there in the shop. I shot three bolts inside their shop. When I ask them why is my bow shooting so slow, they said it was because of the string suppressors. The guy that work there said how much quieter they made the bow, compared to without them(he seem very impressed with them). I'm Shooting the Redhot bolts with 100gr fp(Just like on the Parker video but they don't have the string suppresoors on the bow). I'm new to crossbows, so I belived him. I thought I had to give up some speed to quiet the bow down. This is a new bow shop, my old bow shop closed. From what I'm hearing, I will look for a diffrent shop! NOT VERY HAPPY!!!!

#2 Cossack

Cossack

Incurable Tinkerer

• Members
  • 3,679 posts
  • LocationNo MN

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

I'm going to have my Parker Tornado with the string suppressors retested and after I do I will give a update. Both with and without the string suppresorrs.

When I pick-up my bow it was already set-up with then on. They had a chrono there in the shop. I shot three bolts inside their shop. When I ask them why is my bow shooting so slow, they said it was because of the string suppressors. The guy that work there said how much quieter they made the bow, compared to without them(he seem very impressed with them). I'm Shooting the Redhot bolts with 100gr fp(Just like on the Parker video but they don't have the string suppresoors on the bow). I'm new to crossbows, so I belived him. I thought I had to give up some speed to quiet the bow down. This is a new bow shop, my old bow shop closed. From what I'm hearing, I will look for a diffrent shop! NOT VERY HAPPY!!!!

Are you referring to the riser-mounted suppressors or the devices that are put onto the string itself? Neither will make the bow much quieter, thouth the riser mounted ones will reduce vibration a bit. They should not slow your arrow much. The sting mounted ones will reduce arrow seed 8-10 fps. How heavy is your arrow setup? And what did it chron at?

#3 Fieldtip

Fieldtip

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationS.E. Michigan

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

I will be setting mine up this weekend. I will be testing everything every way I can think of, with and without the suppressors. I will post my results.

#4 The Educator

The Educator

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSpringboro, Ohio

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

I just recently purchased a new Parker Hurricane and added the string suppressors. The arrow apeed is 348 fps with or without the supprssors. It is important to remember that when installing the suppressors they should just BARELY touch the string.

Ed