View New Content Mark all as read |  

how to attach swivel studs for a sling

• Please log in to reply

#1 Pappy541

Pappy541

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Just bought a Barnett wildcat C5 and so far it is fun to shoot and is very accurate. I want to install swivel studs so I can use a sling. Where should I attach the front stud? this may be a stupid question put do the quiver and arrows get in the way of using the sling? With the Sling do you carry the bow pointed to the sky or to the ground?

Thanks for your advice.

#2 BigBowMan

BigBowMan

Happy Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationRipon, WI

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

The sling should be down far enough from the quiver that it shouldn't affect it. Most people sling their xbow with the bow pointing up, only because of the weight and design makes it easier to sling it that way, atleast for me it does. Just NEVER walk with it loaded with an arrow!!! Happy Hunting!

#3 thirdhandman

thirdhandman

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationUnion Ky

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

The sling should be down far enough from the quiver that it shouldn't affect it. Most people sling their xbow with the bow pointing up, only because of the weight and design makes it easier to sling it that way, atleast for me it does. Just NEVER walk with it loaded with an arrow!!! Happy Hunting!

Guys you need to check out the readi sling crossbow nation sells. Instead of a stud mounting on the front. 2 ubolts mount a rod that holds the sling above the string. Now instead of carrying the bow on your back un loaded you can stalk with your bow loaded and pointed infront of you. It also works especially well in a hang on stand where there are no rails to rest the bow on.

#4 Pappy541

Pappy541

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

thanks for the replies

#5 BuckStopsHere

BuckStopsHere

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Guys you need to check out the readi sling crossbow nation sells. Instead of a stud mounting on the front. 2 ubolts mount a rod that holds the sling above the string. Now instead of carrying the bow on your back un loaded you can stalk with your bow loaded and pointed infront of you. It also works especially well in a hang on stand where there are no rails to rest the bow on.

not sure where to find ...this system ..im new to the forum,,,where do they sell these things...or anything else for that matter...i looked in the store...i must be missing something

#6 cal45

cal45

• Members
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationWillington, Connecticut

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

Right or wrong what I did was got a set of Uncle Mike's swivel studs that are two wood screws. I drilled a pilot hole in the rear and one in the front near the front end and screwed them in. I won't probably be able to put the sling on with the quiver but I'm using a hip quiver anyway.

#7 thirdhandman

thirdhandman

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationUnion Ky

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

not sure where to find ...this system ..im new to the forum,,,where do they sell these things...or anything else for that matter...i looked in the store...i must be missing something

www.stringsling.com H&m Archery is the manufacturer. out of michigan. Jerry huddleston is the owner and a good guy. go to utube and look up ready crossbow sling and you will see his video. I believe cross bow nation store has them but may be having difficulties at this time.