View New Content Mark all as read |  

Kodabow ?????

• Please log in to reply

#1 Viper70

Viper70

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

Has anyone here ever shot or own a Kodabow I know they are made in PA but was on their site and it dont really give much info on them at all. I am looking to add atleast 1 more to my collection already have the cyclone and a new 10 pt turo and love them both I just feel the need to have another :D

#2 PTHunter

PTHunter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

Has anyone here ever shot or own a Kodabow I know they are made in PA but was on their site and it dont really give much info on them at all. I am looking to add atleast 1 more to my collection already have the cyclone and a new 10 pt turo and love them both I just feel the need to have another :D

#3 PTHunter

PTHunter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Yes, I've shot all 4 Kodabows and now own the Koda Express. I would recommend this crossbow to anyone in the market for one. I am most impressed with the accuraccy of these bows. The trigger group parts are all stainless steel, so they are built to last. This is a bow for the serious hunter. I have also noticed they make less noise then other crossbows I've shot. My friends and family have now shot my Kodabow, and now they want one as well.

HAPPY HUNTING

#4 CFF

CFF

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Yes, I've shot all 4 Kodabows and now own the Koda Express. I would recommend this crossbow to anyone in the market for one. I am most impressed with the accuraccy of these bows. The trigger group parts are all stainless steel, so they are built to last. This is a bow for the serious hunter. I have also noticed they make less noise then other crossbows I've shot. My friends and family have now shot my Kodabow, and now they want one as well.

HAPPY HUNTING

We just received in our demo Koda Express in our store today and it is awesome. Shot the Hoorah!225 and the Koda Express today and I personally felt it was smooth as can be. The scope is outstanding and set dead on. I met with Chuck and the gang who builds them and I was so impressed with the build quality. We have a Bravo Zulu 200 on the way. It should be to us by Monday. If anyone wants to try one out we will be at the Pittsburgh Fireman's show on the 2nd and 3rd of October. You will be nothing but impressed.

#5 Cajun Executioner

Cajun Executioner

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

OK.. Enough with the sales pitch PTHunter :rolleyes:

There are a lot of important information that is left out on their website. For instance one of the main selling points is what kind of warranty do you guy's have? The weights of the crossbows are not listed on the site unless if I just missed it, but I looked and couldn't find it. What is the required arrow weights with your bows, I see that the fps with each bow is listed with a 350 grain arrow (that's very light) but they sell Laser II arrows with 125 gr fieldtips weighing 438 grains..What's the minimum??? It says the trigger is anywhere from 3.5 lbs up to 6 lbs depending on which model you buy. That's all it says, it doesn't say which crossbow has a 3.5 lb trigger and which ones do not. I am not knocking the quality of the product, I have no idea what the quality is, but I do think that an experienced crossbow hunter will not have enough information from the website to make a purchase. I personally would not be comfortable purchasing any of those crossbows given the amount of information that is listed on their site.

I wish the company good luck and I hope they are succesful, the more competition there is in the market, the better it is for we the consumers!!

#6 Crossbowgilly

Crossbowgilly

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

How about some info that Executioner asked for? I'm sure alot of hunters would like more info..

#7 Raleigh Archer

Raleigh Archer

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

Yep, this is really fishy. I'd love for the Kodabow to be a great new addition to the options out there, but these kinds of "testimonials" out of nowhere from people with no other posts bother me.

I hope we get some useful feedback about these bows soon. :)

#8 Old Longhair

Old Longhair

Crazy Ol' Foole

• Members
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationMid-Michigan Cornfields

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:25 AM

I wish the company good luck and I hope they are succesful, the more competition there is in the market, the better it is for we the consumers!!

I have to say, that at $800+ for any of their bows, they had better be bringing something new and innovative to the market, or they are just another bow cluttering up an already busy price range. Just the virtue of being "Made In America" won't be enough. If they want to be competitive in any way meaningful to comsumers, they either need to have something that sets them apart from the crowd , or a price that reflects competition. In the price range that they currently have targeted, there are a number of bows that have already known reputations that they will have a hard time muscling in on.......especially if they don't provide any more information than they do.

#9 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

I had the opportunity to shoot one at the PA Archery Festival. I liked the one I shot. It had a very good trigger and a very unique limb design. Very easy to break down and work on the string. They use Hawke optics. Only thing I really didn't like was the AR-15 type styling.

#10 CFF

CFF

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

How about some info that Executioner asked for? I'm sure alot of hunters would like more info..

I am working on getting more info on all our Kodabows on our website, but I believe I have most of the questions answered across the board for all of our Kodabow models under the Alpha Strike.

Our warranty is 5 years. We sell a 350 gr arrow because it is pretty much the standard, but you will find that if we rate a bow like the Kodabow, Big Rhino at 355 fps, using a 350 gr arrow, then you can expect about a 20 fps drop using a 438 gr arrow.

Food for thought; the 155 lb draw can very easily be change to a 225 lb draw by just removing two bolts and swapping out the front bow assembly with a bow assembly with 225 limbs. The nice thing about this is that the bow will already be sighted in and only need fine tuning.

#11 jopsa

jopsa

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Kodabow website: Bravo Zulu 13 3/8" power stroke * 330 fps * 100 ft -lbs of KE *

Check:
KE=(mv2)/450240
KE=[(350)x(330x330)]/450240
KE=38115000/450240
KE=84,65 ft-lbs

Otherwise: to obtain 330 fps with 350 grain arrow when draw weight is 200 lb and power stroke only 13 3/8" is theoretically very difficult... Hard to believe... Maybe some video on youtube for confirmation?

#12 CFF

CFF

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

Kodabow website: Bravo Zulu 13 3/8" power stroke * 330 fps * 100 ft -lbs of KE *

Check:
KE=(mv2)/450240
KE=[(350)x(330x330)]/450240
KE=38115000/450240
KE=84,65 ft-lbs

Otherwise: to obtain 330 fps with 350 grain arrow when draw weight is 200 lb and power stroke only 13 3/8" is theoretically very difficult... Hard to believe... Maybe some video on youtube for confirmation?

Here is some more info on the bow (video).
http://shock.militar...t=220599&page=1

#13 jopsa

jopsa

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Here is some more info on the bow (video).
http://shock.militar...t=220599&page=1

Thanks! Very nice video. But I more interested in technical details.
Recurve crossbow speed is dependent on three factors:
1. Power stroke
2. Draw weight
3. How fast crossbow limbs and string come back to situation before cocking.

Compare three crossbows, the same draw weight (200 lb) and suggested speed (330 fps):
1. Excalibur Vortex - Power Stroke: 15.5"
2. Middleton DTM 330 - Power Stroke: 14.5 "
3. Kodabow Bravo Zulu - Power Stroke: 13 3/8"

If draw weight is the same, and the same is limb material with the same elasticity - flexibility (compressed fiberglass) - must be some advantage in the third point for crossbows with shorter Power Stroke.

1. Middleton advantage: similar limb geometry like Vortex, angle between cocked limb and string similar too - but Middleton have a smaller limb surface, so during the shot is less air resistance - limbs and string moving faster. Middleton confirmed its superiority, really shot 330 fps:

2. Kodabow advantage: better limb geometry like Vortex and Middleton: the video shows better (greater) angle between the string and the full cocked limb. String should move faster. But... double split Kodabow limbs have big surface - the advantage disappeared.

Conclusion: Middleton real data showed. Real speed, and real KE (85 ft-lbs). Kodabow showed overstated the kinetic energy data (100 ft-lbs) and unfortunately I have reasonable doubt as to whether the declared speed is true. If the speed is real - just show on youtube! It's worth doing, because Kodabow looks interesting.

#14 outrunner13

outrunner13

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Locationbrooksville fla

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

in the video the guy was grabing a cocked bow like its not cocked very unsafe on draw wi hes said there are 4 but no shooting what gives

#15 fastfried

fastfried

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Viper70

Has anyone here ever shot or own a Kodabow I know they are made in PA but was on their site and it dont really give much info on them at all. I am looking to add atleast 1 more to my collection already have the cyclone and a new 10 pt turo and love them both I just feel the need to have another

I am the proud/Happy owner of a new Kodabow-Express with the 185 pound limbs and the 3/32 Hawke scope.

It is a very high quality crossbow.
It is made in USA and I love the tacticle Look..and Balance.

It passes the Cool Factor Test.. crisp trigger..nail driver..its pretty quiet..
Viper70 Quality is Fantastic, I own several High end crossbows like yourself,, And I am very Happy with my new Kodabow...The 185 pound limbs are just right for me, They offer several Limb options for even more speed and power, Unless I win the lottery and get to go to Africa, This is all the speed and power I need for hunting deer and bear.. You can always go up or down by switching out the limbs they sell optional, making for a versital crossbow..The trigger and safety on the Kodabow are precise .

Attached Images

• Kodabow1.jpg

#16 fastfried

fastfried

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

A good looking crossbow is nice ...... but an accurate crossbow is always more interesting. '
http://kodabownews.blogspot.com/

#1 - Kodabow is amazingly accurate.
"When I when I went back and shot my other crossbow, I just could never duplicate the performance. I took my game to a whole new level. Great trigger."

#2 - Kodabow is quiet.
"Wow --- it is 50% ...maybe even 75% quieter than the bow I have been shooting."

#3 - The weight is nicely balanced on a Kodabow.
"I can pick up the bow in the middle and easily hold it with one hand. The weight is in the right places and it is easy to handle."

."Other features of Kodabow's 8.3 pound crossbow (without optics) include the forearm's weaver rail system that adjusts to fit every individual, 20-inch flat nock bolts (arrows), aerospace level machining, high tech laminated fiberglass recurve limbs, and an advanced trigger system."Triggers are the key to accuracy and our trigger is among the most precise on the market right now," Matasic said.

Attached Images

• Koda 032 Matt Hershey.JPG

#17 CFF

CFF

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

http://www.huntingli...life-podcast-90

#18 fastfried

fastfried

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

On a beautiful fall day to shoot I added a new HHA speed dial the SD_L4 with included Hawke red dot on my new Kodabow express,The included Hawke scope restricked my shooting to 50 yards, The speed dial was easy to install and set up, I was on target in 5 shots at 20 yards after instalation, Now I am shooting 4 to 6 inch groups out to 80 yards, I shot a few 100 yard shots as well all in a 6 inch group, The new Kodabow shoots every bit as well as my excalliber but just has a tacticle look and is much quieter on the shot, I like the safty better as well, The adjustable stock on the Kodabow lets me and my family all shoot the kodabow with proper size for all, I compare my kodabow as every bit as good as the excalliber I own and shoot but the safty and trigger I like better and the overall look and feel appeals to my taste better,especially the balance, no problems with serving or strings or anything else after several hundred shots, I find it easier to tune in my broadheads as well It shoots most all my broadheads accuratly. anyone looking for a reliable problem free new crossbow should try out a Kodabow there a quality crossbow, and its a real shooter, and is much quieter than my excalliber, I have my excalliber up for sale now and plan to buy one more Kodabow.
I can shoot a full size deer target out to 100 yards with this set up and stay in the kill zone, I do not shoot deer that far or endorse shooting deer that far but for 3-d backyard shooting its a hoot to be able to hit a deer target at 80-100 yards everyshot...

#19 fullautouzi

fullautouzi

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

Still waiting on someone to give a review of the kodabow's actual speed. I personally would like to know if the "big rhino 225" will shoot 350gr arrow @ 355fps. if it does i'll buy one. Anyway, would someone out there please post some video proof.....

#20 cantremembermyid

cantremembermyid

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Does anyone have thoughts about the Kodabow? Likes? Dislikes? Problems with this crossbow?

I searched the forum and found some older threads about the Kodabow, but I wanted to see if anyone has more recent experiences with this crossbow.

Thank you.